2014 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,214 - $22,827.

10/7.4

7.5

Based on 56 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

7.6/10

TrailHawk is a FUN car!

By on Monday, December 22, 2014

Pros: "Performance, comfort,technology,traction,style"

Cons: "4w flasher button too close to digital controls"

"I have the 6cyl Trailhawk and let me tell you, this is one fun automobile. I haven't had any repair issues yet but owning previous jeeps including a 2012 Wrangler just traded, this TrailHawk is so far, more reliable. The traction is outstanding, far superior to the Wrangler in mud or the deep sand of the beach which I frequent. Put it in sport mode on a dirt muddy road and it's fun time! The traction feels similar to an Outback XT that I used to have and the interior seems fashioned from an Outback as well, good qualities because it is super comfortable and quiet. Best Jeep that I've owned."

Jeep Country

By on Saturday, December 20, 2014

Pros: "Nice size, smooth ride."

Cons: "No spare tire can't figure out why. I did buy one"

"Bought my wife a 2014 V-6 Limited in Nov 2013 drove though one of Chicago's worst winters in years with not a single problem.....Loved it so much bought myself one in April 2014."

Love it, but......

By on Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, fun, good clearance, good offroading."

Cons: "Oil leaks are VERY disappointing"

"I absolutely LOVE this car. So comfortable, beautiful, great in snow and mud. Good gas mileage. It's a real head-turner. But, I'm taking it in for my third rear oil leak. Disappointed."

Happy buyer.

By on Monday, December 08, 2014

Pros: "Gas milage, pep, back up camera, touchscreen, fun"

Cons: "lack of Jeep capability (no trail rating)"

It's just in the driveway.

"I love my new Jeep. I got the 2015 Cherokee Latitude, with the winter package, 8.4 gps, 3.2 L engine. I'm averaging about 19 miles around town. Not great, but not bad. When I get it on the highway, I'm averaging 25 mpg. Again, not great, but not bad. The latitude 3.2 L engines also features a Start/Stop function, which frankly was quite off putting at first. I don't mind it now, and you can turn it off, but it kind of freaked me out when it first happened (my sales person neglected to give me a heads up about it). Jeep needs to do some fine tuning to the system (i.e. idling for more than 3 seconds before shutting off). When your system is warm, and you go to put it in park after pulling into the drive way, the engine shuts off, then turns back on when you place it in park. I heard that starting and stopping within a 2 second interval is not good for gas economy or your starter. But I'm not a mechanic. I will continue to observe it over the next couple months, and if possible will post an update. I didn't get the nav system, but I have a Garmin with unlimited life long map updates, so there wasn't much point other than it cluttering my window space, especially considering I have an 8.4 inch display. The nav should be standard on the bigger screen. Let's talk about the PROs: -Backup camera standard on the Latitude -Pep--The sport mode allows me to go from 25 to 75 in a reasonable time, and though I don't leave it in this mode, for gas purposes, it is nice to have. -Great standard features: bluetooth, power windows, power locks, remote keyless entry, (I have remote start too), touchscreen, HUD system w/trip computer, comprehensive gauges, etc -True to Jeep turn radius -Personally, I love the Cherokee's new look, which is modern, yet still has nods to the former self. -Solid feeling. You don't feel like you're in a cola can when you shut the door. You feel solid. -The interior. People have been giving it flack, and frankly, I'm confused as to why. Honestly, I love the interior. The back is comfortable, and has more features than your average midsize SUV. The seats fold down, and I have no doubt that I will be able to move a fair amount of my apartment's furniture. -Lots of storage compartments -Decent gas milage (as noted above) Some CONS: -Some visibility issues (I would recommend getting the blind spot warning, which I did not, and wish I had). Backing up can be difficult, especially without the camera (which I have) -Lower than average ground clearance. At 5'', it's a bit lower on the Latitude, Sport and Limited editions, unless you pay for the extra lift. -Unclear capability "off road." Lets face it, it's a Jeep, who doesn't plan on at least going a little "off road." Are we talking about Rubicon trails? Heck no, but frankly, I am a bit nervous about going camping this year, I don't want to get stuck, and I don't want to lose my 9 speed transmission. My 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited (God rest it's soul) had the more standard 8'' clearance, plus the trail rated badge--and that was the LIMITED. I've lost 3'' of clearance, and because I have Active Drive I, I lack a low mode. That being said, the ability to shift it into a "manual" drive will allow me to put it in 1st. Should Jeep have been allowed to call it a 4x4 when in reality it is really an all wheel drive system on the lower models? Just having 3 different available systems doesn't mean they are all 4x4 capable. When I think of 4x4, I think of being able to do things that I couldn't in an all wheel drive car--yet the Subaru Forester has 8'' clearance, and is proving to be a capable off roader, and the 2014 won all sort of awards for best SUV. My Jeep is rated at being capable of towing 2,000 lbs. Wrap up: Honestly, I don't regret my purchase (or the car payment which is accompanying it). I wish I would have been able to find THE system (Active Drive II, and the large sunroof would have been AWESOME) I wanted within the price range I desired. Frankly, I don't need everything which is standard in the Trailhawk (nor did I need the additional price). But, some more functionality would have been appreciated. That being said, I gave it all high marks, and I LOVE driving my Jeep."

It's just in the driveway.

Transmission & oil leaks

By on Thursday, December 04, 2014

Pros: "Drives ok when not in shop"

Cons: "Leaks! Leaks! leaks!"

"I brought my 2014 jeep Cherokee in for an oil change. After waiting a while, I was informed the car was leaking transmission fluid and needed to stay at the dealer's. They took 2 weeks to fix transmission leak and 3 weeks later it started leaking motor oil. I took it back to the dealer for a week and they replaced the oil pump. One week after the car is back at the dealer because it's leaking oil again and I am beside myself. I've had this car for less than a year (9000 miles) and I'm on my 3rd loaner car. I asked about trading it in and I was offered $7000 less than I paid for it. This is the most trouble I ever had with a new car."