2001 Jeep Cherokee

Based on 855 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

Kicks Butt

By on Saturday, July 12, 2014

Pros: "fun...reliable...a beast in snow or off road"

Cons: "drinks gas"

"I bought my first 2001 Cherokee new and drove it for 12 years...then went out and found another after the first finally died with 250K miles on it. These vehicles are very very reliable and the absolute BEST in the winter. In the summer I drive my current beast all over the farm and hasnt gotten stuck once. Only drawback? Low gas mileage. But small price to pay for the rest."

Has been a good, reliable friend for 15 years.

By on Sunday, November 25, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, value, convenience"

Cons: "Getting into the back seat for passengers"

Bought to haul big dogs. Now hauls an ankle biter.

"As a single woman, I need a reliable vehicle that I can trust to get me home, even on snowy roads. Big Red has been extremely reliable and a great value. I've kept it maintained and don't treat it badly, so it looks & runs like it's brand new. I had sports cars before so I have never been bothered by the somewhat stiff ride. I've never kept a car this long but since the design changed on the new Jeeps (which I don't like), I plan to keep it because it's so handy to have when one has just one vehicle. Besides by now, it would be emotional to get rid of such a loyal friend."

Bought to haul big dogs. Now hauls an ankle biter.

Most reliable vehicle that I have ever owned

By on Friday, June 15, 2012

Pros: "great handling.. i live in the desert of AZ...perf"

Cons: "speakers got scratchy after awhile"

"I am the original owner, 195,000 miles later it is running very strong. Minimal repair or problems. Replaced clutch at 130k. other than tires and regular oil changes, no problems. I just bought a new Jeep Grand Cherokee/ overlander..love that too. I guess Jeep just became part of me"

By on Tuesday, August 4, 2009

"Bought a 99 XJ. 205,000 miles later, replacing only the clutch and a wheel barring, my jeep still starts every day. Great car. The usual replacements: breaks, tires, oil. Nothing can stop this Jeep. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I do have a honda for a gas saver with my high millage commute when gas went through the roof, but I still drive my jeep every day. Inline 6 was the best engine ever built. Can take anything you throw at it. It is almost like a work tool. I use it for everything: towing, 4x4, pulling bushes out, tailgating. LOVE IT"

Very dependable

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2008

"I've left it out in freezing weather all week and it would start right up. The ride can be rough at higher expressway speeds. Some minor problems with the electronic mirror control and the speaker on the passenger side but the car is over 7 years old now."