2001 Jeep Cherokee

Based on 831 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

my best vehical

By on Sunday, May 11, 2014

Pros: "great in woods"

"tank"

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned by far.

By on Saturday, May 10, 2014

Pros: "dependable, great for moving stuff around"

Cons: "not great on gas, that's it"

"The main reason this vehicle has been so good for me has been the very low amount of repairs it has required over the life span of my ownership. I bought this vehicle when it had already seen 134k miles of use and have put another 70k on it with almost no money invested in upkeep. Had I been smarter about maintaining this vehicle I have no doubt that it would have lasted me another five yrs, as it is it is now on it's last legs due to bad ball joints rust and several small issues that would have been repairable had they been addressed in a timely fashion. All of the rust issues are more about the new england winters and not having washed it nearly often enough to fight the salt up here. Best rig for hauling stuff around town, not real great on mpg but good if you work locally."

Bulletproof drivetrain!

By on Friday, May 09, 2014

"3 in our family, 260k,310k,465k, no drivetrain problems ever!That's why they discontinued this model!"

Good engine but the rest falls apart.

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "good engine, large cargo area, love the 4x4"

Cons: "Death wobble, electrical glitches, body rusts out."

"My jeep Cherokee was really reliable the first 5 years. At that mark it started going down hill. The driver window would go down and get stuck, passenger quit working. The rear differential had to be replaced at 5 AND 7 year mark. Year 7 the kickpanels started rusting. Despite treatment, they are non-existent at this point. In 2010 I hit a pothole and starting experiencing the "Death Wobble". Look it up. It's terrifying so we had the track bar replaced. This is apparently common especially on lifted Cherokee's. Mine has not been lifted and aside from driving through our yard, it has never been off roading. My headliner is falling down and the AC quit 3 years ago. That being said. It has a good engine that won't quit. My truck has got me through some pretty rough winters and kept me on the road when in 4 high. When young this truck is a cherry. I know she ain't new, I just wish the body was made as good as the engine. It's going to be hard to part with mine but I can't keep sinking money into her at this point. Much like a beloved horse with a broken leg, my jeep needs put down. I can't honestly recommend my 1999 Jeep to anyone with all her problems at this point. If she was new, it would be a different story."

Best Vehicle I Have Owned, For This Area Perfect!

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

"I Have Owned This For 16 Yrs. Got It With 1,700 Miles On it. No Major Problums. Just Replacment of worn parts."