2000 Jeep Cherokee

Based on 857 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

Dependable

By on Sunday, March 1, 2009

"A vehicle to get you from point A to point B, even in inclimate weather. Not comfortable, and drives like a tractor. But if your a person who's primary concern in a vehicle is the basic function of reliable transportation no matter the weather: This is the truck for you!"

The best vehicle ive ever owned

By on Sunday, August 21, 2016

Pros: "Reliable comport and fuel milage"

Cons: "bad head"

"I have a 2001 Jeep cherokee xj i bought it in 2013 with 110k miles on it with a 4" lift with 31's i didnt buy it to take it offroad like most do i bought it to be my daily driver at first i was a bit skeptical when it came to handling and reliability but even though it has a short wheel base and a narrow body it does handle just like a normal suv but not like my previous grand cherokee did so i remained happy with it and to this day its still my favorite vehicle ive ever owned ive taken it on multiple trips to visit family down south at 1,000 mile round trips trips to memphis tn 160 mile round trip with the programer i get a calculated 21.7 mpg at 348 miles per tank i honestly expected it to get half that i havent had any major problems with the jeep just oil changes 2 front wheel bearings 1 front driveshaft and shocks (skyjacker) since then ive added more aggressive tires and a front xrc winch bumper from 4 wheel parts 42" light bar front and rear rock guards to the differentials but with all that weight i still get 20 mpg as of now i wouldnt have any problem hopping in the ole cherokee and driving to mexico and back thats how much i trust it i hope my review was helpful because i didnt look at any reviews before i bought my jeep but be aware of the famous 0331 head head cracking it hasnt happened to me yet and i pray it dont have a great day"

Kicks Butt

By on Saturday, July 12, 2014

Pros: "fun...reliable...a beast in snow or off road"

Cons: "drinks gas"

"I bought my first 2001 Cherokee new and drove it for 12 years...then went out and found another after the first finally died with 250K miles on it. These vehicles are very very reliable and the absolute BEST in the winter. In the summer I drive my current beast all over the farm and hasnt gotten stuck once. Only drawback? Low gas mileage. But small price to pay for the rest."

Has been a good, reliable friend for 15 years.

By on Sunday, November 25, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, value, convenience"

Cons: "Getting into the back seat for passengers"

Bought to haul big dogs. Now hauls an ankle biter.

"As a single woman, I need a reliable vehicle that I can trust to get me home, even on snowy roads. Big Red has been extremely reliable and a great value. I've kept it maintained and don't treat it badly, so it looks & runs like it's brand new. I had sports cars before so I have never been bothered by the somewhat stiff ride. I've never kept a car this long but since the design changed on the new Jeeps (which I don't like), I plan to keep it because it's so handy to have when one has just one vehicle. Besides by now, it would be emotional to get rid of such a loyal friend."

Bought to haul big dogs. Now hauls an ankle biter.

Most reliable vehicle that I have ever owned

By on Friday, June 15, 2012

Pros: "great handling.. i live in the desert of AZ...perf"

Cons: "speakers got scratchy after awhile"

"I am the original owner, 195,000 miles later it is running very strong. Minimal repair or problems. Replaced clutch at 130k. other than tires and regular oil changes, no problems. I just bought a new Jeep Grand Cherokee/ overlander..love that too. I guess Jeep just became part of me"