2000 Jeep Cherokee

Based on 847 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

Previous | 1 ... 31 32 33 34 | Next

By on Friday, September 28, 2007

"I have had my 1999 Keep Cherokee for only a year. In that year i have replaced the tires and breaks, but driven it over 40,000 miles, which is a lot. If you are looking for good power and reliability, JEEP IS AWESOME!!!!"

By on Wednesday, September 26, 2007

"I have a 1998. Has been a great car. No engine issues at all. Power window and locks on a few doors have been an issue, but what is one to expect for this year car with 133,000 miles. Runs like it did 10 years ago!!!"

good solid vehicle

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"The only concern is gas mileage. Back doors for the rear passengers are for skinny people only. Beside all that a good solid vehicle with the four wheel drive able to get you out of a pinch."

By on Friday, September 21, 2007

I LOVE MY JEEP

By on Monday, September 17, 2007

"I must say that I adore my Jeep Cherokee and wish that they had never taken it out of production. What a tragic mistake. I owned a Cherokkee Country which was gorgeous and now I'm driving a 2001 Cherokee Sport which took some gettign used to but it's still boxey and classic, elgant and rugged - it'a very sexy car and have you ever noticed how both men and women look fantatsic in it, city or country? They are cherished in L.A. - - I live in Los Angleles, land of the winding canyon road, the Malibu beach traffic and the infamous free-way jams - you have to have a reliable car, period, and I think the fact that there are millions of these on the roads here is a testmanet to their beauty! . The Country was my baby and I cried when I turned it in - the 2001 Sport had A/C Evaporator trouble which did run $1,000 and Jeep offered to pick up half of the tab as I was just over the warranty - All other issues are standard - replaced the battery once, standard oil-changes, etc. - I love this truck and I must say, seven years later with a detail and hand wax, the truck still looks factory new - the paint is an inky black and just glistens - the interior is flawless. The dash-board has such a great shape and the winddows are so easy to see otu of, large and clear - todays new cars feel like your in a plane cock-pit with three feet of dash-board in front of you - the Jeep is easy to get in and out of, even in a skirt, and it's such a classic - pick-up is unbelievable - got rear-ended in it, the frame was like a sherman tank and I emerged from the accident unscathed. Even the tow truck driver and body shop said - "Nobody build frames like Jeep". An American classic with parts that aren't so expensive that they aren't going to make you faint if you need to replace them! LOVE MY JEEP - BRING BACK the Cherokee please - nothing compares - there was no need to round the lines or "update it" - a classic is a classic - BTW - it's the #1 choice of cars for interior designers as we have to haul tons of antiques and furniture to and from job sites but we still need to look stylish doing it - FABULOUS!!!! There's a rumour in LA that Jeeps get towed the most but I beg to differ - I've never towed one in 12 years of owning them back-to-back."

2000 Jeep Cherokee

"Really solid vehicle."

rock solid

By on Monday, September 17, 2007

"I got my used '99 Jeep Cherokee in 2006 with around 60K miles. It now has over 90k and hasn't even thought about letting me down. The 4.0 inline 6 is a no nonsense engine that is built like a tank but even more reliable. Other than the fact that it is somewhat lacking in the creature comfort department I would say this is one of the best vehicles, out of the dozens I have owned over the years that I have ever owned. Oh, by the way, my 15 year old daughter hated it until she started learning to drive with it. Now she loves it and swears by it but hates the color. Oh well-I guess I get to keep it!"

hard to die

By on Sunday, September 16, 2007

"beautiful style,affordable,never change the line"

Love My Jeep

By on Friday, September 07, 2007

"Need to move to another vehicle as it is starting to rust out. I have truly enjoyed owning this vehicle."

By on Monday, September 03, 2007

By on Sunday, September 02, 2007

Reliable

By on Saturday, September 01, 2007

"I bought my cherokee with 24,000mi on it owned it for ten years and now have 95,000mi on it . Best bang for the buck.Best 4x4 I ever owned, never let me down . I wish they still made them!!!"

best vehicle ever

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2007

"i bought my '98 cherokee with 142k on it and lifted. i owned it for about a year and only had battery go out and couple minor maitence things. it has been most reliable vehicle i have owned, it would take me to the trails 130miles away, go through a day of abuse and get me home. i love it and miss it and will own one again some day. i reccomend it to anyone. only bad thing when bigger tires put on, gas mileage goes to down the drain, but in stock form they arent to bad."

I am a mail carrier......

By on Monday, August 27, 2007

"I bought my Jeep in 2001 with 28,000 miles on it, I have drove it on a rural carrier mail route since 2001 and now have 124,000 miles on it. It has really done a good job for me but being a rural carrier it is very hard on them. My mechanic said 125,000 miles on my Jeep is like 250,000 miles on a regular highway driven jeep. I have had to replace the fuel pump, alternator, water pump, both sides of the leaf springs and other minor things. I do recommend to buy MOPAR parts they are the best, I buy only MOPAR brake pads I can get 20,000 miles out of them considering I stop over 450 times in a 60 mile route 20K miles is pretty good. Also, they never squeak. If I buy brake pads from Auto Zone they squeak all the time and lucky to get 8,000 miles out of them. Overall, I am very satisfied with my Cherokee, since they no longer make them I may buy a Commander next."

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"Very nice vehicles, very fast!! This is the most impressive thing, the performance. This thing could spank just about any vehicle on the road! Limited are very comfy and luxurious especially for a jeep. And lets not forget the most important thing... Can't beat it in bad weather, after all... its a Jeep."

Very pleased

By on Monday, August 20, 2007

"I've had my '00 Cherokee Sport for 2.5 years now. I've had no problems and still really enjoy it."

Very Reliable Vehicle

By on Monday, August 13, 2007

"Jeeps with the Inline Six motor are outstanding. I ve owned 2 and have had almost no major problems with the vehicle."

By on Sunday, August 12, 2007

Solid Vehicle

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"I bought my Jeep with 34,000 miles on it and now 5 yrs later I have 170,000 miles (mostly highway). This is a very solid vehicle. Knock on wood, I have only done regular maintenance. My next vehicle WILL be a Jeep. Too bad the Patriot is smaller."

Good All A Round Utility

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"This is one of the best all around utility wagons I have ever owned. Haven't seen a comparable replacement. I trade often but not this one."

Chief Cherokee

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"The Cherokee is the Chief of SUVs in my opinion, it is versitile and extreemly reliable. I have owed cherokees with over a quarter million miles without any major repairs required. The 1998 model is my second in 15 years. I bought it used from an adult driver and have used it for business, vacation, moving, and family events. My teenagers have found it to be exteemely safe and easy to drive in any weather conditions. I have personally driven in major weathers systems to include a huricane, floods, blizzards, and severe thunderstorms. While others stay parked or pull off the road, I navigate easily with considerably limited risk thanks to shift on the fly 4 wheel drive, superior tracking, and a basic but exceptional brake system. Fuel injection works flawlessly giving optimal fuel economy for an SUV. I added a cargo carrier that loads my camping equipment, small boat and motor and handle superbly. I also tow the family 17 ft Jet boat with ease. I have used it to move my kids to college dorms, and shipping off to military duty. If you have teenagers, consider the safety offered to them in this vehicle, inclusive of the air bag system with padded covers. All in all the best SUV we have ever driven."

Very solid SUV

By on Thursday, August 09, 2007

"I've had my Cherokee for almost six years now (I bought it used with about 35,000 miles), and I've driven it across the country no less than six times--two of those times I was towning a U-haul trailer. It has over 120,000 miles on it now, and I've never had a problem with it on the road. There have been some minor repairs (brake rotors, fuses, wipers, and speakers), but nothing significant to to make me shy away from buying another Jeep some day. The only complaint I have is the comfort of the front and rear seats. The front have no lumbar support, and the rear seats have no head rests. All in all, my Cherokee has served me very well, and I could not be happier with what I have gotten out of it these last six years."

Great Value

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"This is about as basic an SUV as you can get. It is essentially a box on a truck chassis. The ride is relatively noisy, without much insulation from the road. There is plenty of glass area, making it easy to see out of while driving. The square design, with clearly defined corners, enables the vehicle to be maneuvered with surprising precision. The engine is extremely reliable, the transmission slightly less so. With regular maintenance it should not be difficult to put 200-250k miles on the truck before encountering significant problems. I have just purchased my 2nd Cherokee- this one is for my daughter- which should give an indication of how I feel about the Cherokee. From 1996-2003 I put 115k a '94 model. Other than a water pump, radiator and an AC compressor, it was reliable and trouble free. Maintenance items during that time included oil changes every 3kmiles, transmission services and tune ups every 30k miles, new serpentine belt at 60k miles. The rear cargo area is easy to access but there were times I wished from more space. The back seat is neither roomy, nor comfortable for long periods. Overall the Cherokee is an excellent value for anyone looking for basic, reliable transportation."

By on Thursday, August 02, 2007