2000 Jeep Cherokee

Based on 827 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

hade it for 15 years not a problom

By on Friday, April 26, 2013

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "not the best mpg 15/20"

"amazing quality 15 years not one problom and mpg is 15/20 outstanding better than the land rover rang rover"

Jeep Cherokee - Looks like a $65,000 Range Rover

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "it's a Jeep! Go anywhere, reliable, retro-styling"

Cons: "Not a gas sipper, but if I try, can almost be!"

"My 2001 Jeep Cherokee is a limited Edition, complete with leather seats and all the bells and whistles they had in 2001. Has a CD player and a cassette player (remember those?). This vehicle never fails to start, and it had tremendous torque. It can go anywhere and it's comfortable to boot. It's also distinctive looking. Yes, it's boxey, but that's part of the appeal (Range Rover liked the look apparently). It can get 23 mpg if I try, or 18 if I don't. This engine is cast iron with 7 main bearings. It will easily run to 300,000. At a stop light, this baby can really go, having a 4.0 Litre engine V-6, and it's relatively light. So, go Jeeping. If you can find one in great condition, don't hesitate."

Best vehicle of 46 I have owned, and still do!

By on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pros: "Attractive, ruggid, costworthy, fun, dependable"

Cons: "Plastic trim that won't hold paint"

"I bought this Jeep when it was 4 years old and a lease return in 2002. It had 33,000 miles then. 11 years later, it now has 155,000 miles and really, it's just broke in. Aside from routine maintenance, tires, and fluid changes and grease, I have replaced brakes twice, and recently replaced the transfer case, as it was beginning to grind a little and shift hard. It still has the original exhaust system, but am ready for a new muffler. The pipes are all still solid. I've replaced the water pump twice, and the serpentine belt twice, the wheel bearings once, and just noticed today, the air conditioning has stopped working, may need a charge, but will probably replace the compressor. Believe it or not, I don't care, but from Ohio to Spartanburg, SC to visit friends, I average 26 MGP, on the trip down and back. Around town where I live, I have been averaging 17 to 18 MPG. It is more like a pleasure vehicle that I can go anywhere in, and also, the best hauling and utility vehicle I have ever owned. The engine still does not burn or leak any oil. This model has the IL6 cylinder engine, and I swear, there will never be a better utility vehicle engine ever built to compare to it. I have never talked to a newer Jeep owner as pleased with the newer models as they were with the original Cherokee before 2002. I'm 65 years old now, and I plan to drive it until I no longer can drive, or someone hits it on the roadway and it can't be fixed. But if it was repairable, I'd fight in court to get it fixed before settling with any insurance company due to it's age. It has been one of the best friends I ever had. If it could only play golf!!!!!"

Most reliable vehicle ever owned

By on Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Pros: "reliability/versatility/dependability/design"

Cons: "way too many plastic parts"

"This Jeep is the best, by far, of any vehicle I ever owned! When I get ready to 'let her go,' I WILL be getting another Jeep!"

Not bad for a cheap 4WD

By on Friday, March 22, 2013

Pros: "4WD, Looks."

Cons: "Shaky ride."

"I recently purchased a 99 Jeep Cherokee SE. 4.0 6cyl. I had to replace 2 universal joints, and an A/C compressor. The 4WD works great. It looks good, inside and out. As for daily driving, it's a bit shaky. There's always something vibrating. For a 14 year old vehicle, it's really not bad."

Not many favorite car. Good for most of its life.

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Reason: Needed a car with 3rd row

Pros: "Power windows, locks and steering"

Cons: "Everything else"

"I bought this car new in 1999 and sold it in 2009 to buy a Honda Pilot EX w/ Leather seats and with RES. In the jeep I got a 4WD 4dr sport model in red with gray cloth interior. I should have gotten rid of it a while ago. The car had no features what so ever. The only features were power windows, power locks and power steering. I got privacy glass too. This car didn't have any features as I mentioned, I wish I would have gotten a fully loaded leather model but I just drive to work and back mostly so it wasn't necessary. It's a good first car but I wouldn't recommend it. I need features in a car."

ONe tough Jeep!....172K basic repairs, no problems

By on Saturday, February 02, 2013

"I drove 150K and gave it to daughter for high school...she drove it hard but the vehicle ran great....is perfect for a high school kid...sturdy, heavy, reliable, 4WD, its not a smooth rice like the GC and it bounces around a bit on the open road...but overall great SUV"

This Jeep is Bulletproof.

By on Friday, January 11, 2013

Pros: "A head turner. Fun to drive."

Cons: "20 mpg, but who cares--it can go anywhere!"

"I purchased my Jeep three years ago from a lady that used it just to go shopping, etc. It had never been abused. The interior looks new and the engine, transmission are tight. I needed a four wheel drive to haul my 17' boat to and from the boat ramp. The Jeep is so clean and I have received so many compliments on it I have decided to keep it for my Sunday driver. I take it to car shows and people love it. It is garaged, and I plan to keep this Jeep for a very long time."

16 yrs, 230K mi. very reliable, parks great,

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2013

"I've owned my '97 Jeep Cherokee for 16 yrs, 230K mi. Very reliable, good cargo space, parks great in tight city spots, 4WD great in snow, perfect height for loading canoes on top."

Awesome, rugged compact SUV.

By on Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pros: "Tough, cheap to own, fun to drive"

Cons: "Subpar gas milegae, interior build quality is meh"

"This has got to be one of the toughest and most reliable vehicles I've ever owned. Rugged, simple, well made and powerful, the Cherokee will do just about anything you ask it to. Great for hauling friends, cargo or anything else! I love this thing and plan on having it for a while. It is cheap to own and maintain and is a blast to drive. I HIGHLY recommend one."

Most reliable vheicle I've ever owned

By on Monday, December 03, 2012

Cons: "Hard but honest drive on rough roads like we have"

"I've owned many vehicles in my life (age 77) and this 99 Jeep Cherokee is the best of the bunch for reliability, fun to drive and cost to own. It's been absolutely reliable and trustworthy. When first bought it was used for bona fide off-road use in addition to general use. It's been to the Pac NW and back several times. It has skid places and towing package. It'll still last longer than some of these effeminate small suvs."

Has been a good, reliable friend for 15 years.

By on Sunday, November 25, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, value, convenience"

Cons: "Getting into the back seat for passengers"

Bought to haul big dogs. Now hauls an ankle biter.

"As a single woman, I need a reliable vehicle that I can trust to get me home, even on snowy roads. Big Red has been extremely reliable and a great value. I've kept it maintained and don't treat it badly, so it looks & runs like it's brand new. I had sports cars before so I have never been bothered by the somewhat stiff ride. I've never kept a car this long but since the design changed on the new Jeeps (which I don't like), I plan to keep it because it's so handy to have when one has just one vehicle. Besides by now, it would be emotional to get rid of such a loyal friend."

Bought to haul big dogs. Now hauls an ankle biter.

Great Jeep

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2012

"I bought this Jeep a year ago and have put 10,000 miles on it. Pros: Reliable, Durable the 4.0L engine is unstoppable. This truck does very well in the snow and handles well I used it to go to class 20 miles 3 days a week. Cons: MPG I get 18 avg., and there is not much space I am 6'4" and am comfortable in it, it does ride a little rough. Overall I would buy another and recomend this truck to a friend."

AWESOME HANDLING

By on Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pros: "FUN TO DRIVE."

Cons: "NONE."

"AN EXCELENT ON AND OFF ROAD VERSITLE VEHICLE."

Best all around Jeep ever produced

By on Monday, September 17, 2012

Pros: "Good price performance"

Cons: "None - it is a man's car"

"I have know idea why theCherokee was discontinued. It did everything I asked and more. You can go anywhere, haul brush, logs, garbage and carry a canoe on top and a German shorthair fiding shotgun. It is my fourth cherokee and probably my last as the replacements are over the top or lack the carrying power."

GREAT VEHICLE!!

By on Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pros: "reliable"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"i have owned my 2000 cherokee limited for well over a year now... i have put about 10k miles on it since i got it. it has been very reliable, not many problems (other than me frying the PCM) other than that and the gas mileage its great!"

Best car I ever owned.

By on Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Pros: "Solid built engine, transmission, 4 wheel drive."

Cons: "Week factory rear springs"

"I bought this Jeep after doing some research on my own. I knew the history on the car. The 4.0L I6 is one of the reliable engines every made! I own a rare 5 speed manual that is built strong but I know the automatic is just as reliable. I would recommend this Jeep to first time young drivers, or the weekend warrior."

Nothing better

By on Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable, lasts forever"

Cons: "low gas mileage, rides a bit rough"

"This vehicle has been in my family since we bought it new in 1997. I've been driving it for for 7 years and I love it. I've used it for hauling equipment, towing a boat, and moving across the country. It rides a little rougher than most, but it is incredibly reliable. I'd never trade it for anything else. I've put some money into the brake system and other parts, but it's worth it. The engine should take me a long way yet and I plan on driving her until she dies. Hands down one of the best vehicles still on the road after 15 years. It's worth the extra money spent on gas to know your car will take you where you need to go."

The Last of the Real Jeeps

By on Monday, June 18, 2012

Pros: "economical (other than gas), uncomplicated,"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"This is my 2nd Cherokee. I owned a '92 and now this '01. A few other cars I had in between just didn't live up to the value of the Cherokee. With a Jeep you know what you got and you know what you don't got. Simple and straightforward. Little fluff and a lot of tough stuff. There is no replacement in the current Jeep line up that takes the place of the Cherokee. A great vehicle that Detroit (Toledo) produced for many years that was a jewel they didn't truly realized."

Most reliable vehicle that I have ever owned

By on Friday, June 15, 2012

Pros: "great handling.. i live in the desert of AZ...perf"

Cons: "speakers got scratchy after awhile"

"I am the original owner, 195,000 miles later it is running very strong. Minimal repair or problems. Replaced clutch at 130k. other than tires and regular oil changes, no problems. I just bought a new Jeep Grand Cherokee/ overlander..love that too. I guess Jeep just became part of me"

Own one, Just bought another

By on Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pros: "Amazingly easy driver, Great power, Cheap Fixes"

Cons: "Really non unless you need adult space in rearseat"

"I own a 1991 Cherokee Sport with 240,000 miles bought it used 6 years ago with 176,000 for $1000 and have not but put more than $500 in this Jeep and that includes, Tires, Battery, Starter and Brakes. The very best car I have ever bought, So much so my wife and I where set on finding another one to add to our stable. We just bought a 2001 60th Anniversary Cherokee 4x4, auto with 109,000 miles we thought nothing of it but what a great deal, since they are discontinued now and this was the last year for them we could not pass it up. I would tell anyone to buy one if you can find them, they are everybit worth more than the blue book tells. The only car I would pay over bluebook for. NOT THAT I DID -- :)"

I LOVE my Cherokee

By on Thursday, May 03, 2012

Pros: "Its a Jeep"

Cons: "interior room"

"Best vehicle I have ever owned. I have a 2000 4 door Sport in black. I love the look of this SUV. I have taken it places no other vehicle could go, places bigger suvs and trucks would not fit and anything thats not a Jeep would just get stuck. I'v been in blizzard conditions with it when every other car on the road is stuck and sliding around for my Jeep it's just another day. My only cons would be, like other review that the interior is a little small (it is a compact suv after all). The interior is a little spartan also but that might just be my model. But I love it, most kids dream cars were Ferraris and Porches, but mine was a Jeep Cherokee and it's a dream come true."

Favorite car I've had!!

By on Thursday, April 26, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, even without 4WD."

Cons: "No amenities, ie..cup holders, cubby holes."

"I have always wanted a Jeep. Finally, talked my husband into it and have not regretted it. Drives good, acceleration is great, way better than I expected and the gas mileage is not bad. Most reviews I have seen say 15-16 mpg. I get that in town but on a road trip, mine did 23 mpg. I thought that was pretty good. I would definately buy this again."

Incredibly comfortable car to drive

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

"Great response for acceleration Very comfortable Good storage One of my favorite cars"

Gas

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

"The only issue i have is that the miles per gallon kind of stink. Bought the jeep before I started college. So when I bought it I was worried about that. But now that I have to drive 60miles a day its really start to dent my wallet. But overall I would buy this jeep again"

See if you qualify for