2000 Jeep Cherokee

Based on 837 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

Great Vehicle

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "great car all around"

Cons: "heater is weak and gas mileage is not great"

"best vehicle i have had not the best for gas but a great car i love it and would buy another but i wont need too mine is wonderful i will drive it till the frame brakes which wont be no time soon because mine is rust free the heat is the only problem i have its not very strong for a heater but overall would not trade in this wonderful car...."

my best vehical

By on Sunday, May 11, 2014

Pros: "great in woods"

"tank"

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned by far.

By on Saturday, May 10, 2014

Pros: "dependable, great for moving stuff around"

Cons: "not great on gas, that's it"

"The main reason this vehicle has been so good for me has been the very low amount of repairs it has required over the life span of my ownership. I bought this vehicle when it had already seen 134k miles of use and have put another 70k on it with almost no money invested in upkeep. Had I been smarter about maintaining this vehicle I have no doubt that it would have lasted me another five yrs, as it is it is now on it's last legs due to bad ball joints rust and several small issues that would have been repairable had they been addressed in a timely fashion. All of the rust issues are more about the new england winters and not having washed it nearly often enough to fight the salt up here. Best rig for hauling stuff around town, not real great on mpg but good if you work locally."

Bulletproof drivetrain!

By on Friday, May 09, 2014

"3 in our family, 260k,310k,465k, no drivetrain problems ever!That's why they discontinued this model!"

Good engine but the rest falls apart.

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "good engine, large cargo area, love the 4x4"

Cons: "Death wobble, electrical glitches, body rusts out."

"My jeep Cherokee was really reliable the first 5 years. At that mark it started going down hill. The driver window would go down and get stuck, passenger quit working. The rear differential had to be replaced at 5 AND 7 year mark. Year 7 the kickpanels started rusting. Despite treatment, they are non-existent at this point. In 2010 I hit a pothole and starting experiencing the "Death Wobble". Look it up. It's terrifying so we had the track bar replaced. This is apparently common especially on lifted Cherokee's. Mine has not been lifted and aside from driving through our yard, it has never been off roading. My headliner is falling down and the AC quit 3 years ago. That being said. It has a good engine that won't quit. My truck has got me through some pretty rough winters and kept me on the road when in 4 high. When young this truck is a cherry. I know she ain't new, I just wish the body was made as good as the engine. It's going to be hard to part with mine but I can't keep sinking money into her at this point. Much like a beloved horse with a broken leg, my jeep needs put down. I can't honestly recommend my 1999 Jeep to anyone with all her problems at this point. If she was new, it would be a different story."

Best Vehicle I Have Owned, For This Area Perfect!

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

"I Have Owned This For 16 Yrs. Got It With 1,700 Miles On it. No Major Problums. Just Replacment of worn parts."

Sharp, Reliable, Classy and handles like a dream!!

By on Friday, May 02, 2014

Pros: "Luxurious!!!!"

Cons: "Rust on the main frame"

"I had a Chevy Blazer and was looking to trade it in. The salesman suggested a Jeep. I never thought of owning one, until I saw this model. I immediately fell in love with it. The interior, the comfort, it's sharp and luxurious!! I melted into the leather seat and started it and off I went. Smooth handling, purring yet powerful engine. I felt I was driving the ultimate machine. Needless to say, I bought it. I've owned this 10 years now and she's beginning to show rust. But I can't part with it and intend on repairing it. I will restore it and can't end this love affair. Silly huh? :p A Jeep is the finest machine I have come across. The engine still purrs and is powerful. But the new Jeep doesn't have the luxury inside like mine and that deters me from buying new. If they would put the luxury back into the Jeep I would consider it. A 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Limited)are the Best!!!!"

These older model Jeeps are awesome

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pros: "reliable"

"I bought this car new and I love it. The older Jeeps are beasts and last forever."

Awesome vehicle

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Extremely reliable and off-road capable stock"

"This is my second Jeep and I love it! They are extreamly reliable, good on gas, have lots of space for transporting people or things, and just awesome in general."

Best decision ive ever made

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, awesome off road, reliable, fast"

Cons: "little leg room in back, headliner seems to sag"

"its so versatile and durable. even with 155k miles the jeep will beat newer 6cyl cars in a race. my XJ has a few performance mods to it and its just a monster. even though its lifted the engine still does not struggle. hands down best car I've ever bought. worth every penny"