1999 Jeep Cherokee

Based on 854 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

best vehicle ever

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2007

"i bought my '98 cherokee with 142k on it and lifted. i owned it for about a year and only had battery go out and couple minor maitence things. it has been most reliable vehicle i have owned, it would take me to the trails 130miles away, go through a day of abuse and get me home. i love it and miss it and will own one again some day. i reccomend it to anyone. only bad thing when bigger tires put on, gas mileage goes to down the drain, but in stock form they arent to bad."

I am a mail carrier......

By on Monday, August 27, 2007

"I bought my Jeep in 2001 with 28,000 miles on it, I have drove it on a rural carrier mail route since 2001 and now have 124,000 miles on it. It has really done a good job for me but being a rural carrier it is very hard on them. My mechanic said 125,000 miles on my Jeep is like 250,000 miles on a regular highway driven jeep. I have had to replace the fuel pump, alternator, water pump, both sides of the leaf springs and other minor things. I do recommend to buy MOPAR parts they are the best, I buy only MOPAR brake pads I can get 20,000 miles out of them considering I stop over 450 times in a 60 mile route 20K miles is pretty good. Also, they never squeak. If I buy brake pads from Auto Zone they squeak all the time and lucky to get 8,000 miles out of them. Overall, I am very satisfied with my Cherokee, since they no longer make them I may buy a Commander next."

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"Very nice vehicles, very fast!! This is the most impressive thing, the performance. This thing could spank just about any vehicle on the road! Limited are very comfy and luxurious especially for a jeep. And lets not forget the most important thing... Can't beat it in bad weather, after all... its a Jeep."

Very pleased

By on Monday, August 20, 2007

"I've had my '00 Cherokee Sport for 2.5 years now. I've had no problems and still really enjoy it."

Very Reliable Vehicle

By on Monday, August 13, 2007

"Jeeps with the Inline Six motor are outstanding. I ve owned 2 and have had almost no major problems with the vehicle."

By on Sunday, August 12, 2007

Solid Vehicle

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"I bought my Jeep with 34,000 miles on it and now 5 yrs later I have 170,000 miles (mostly highway). This is a very solid vehicle. Knock on wood, I have only done regular maintenance. My next vehicle WILL be a Jeep. Too bad the Patriot is smaller."

Good All A Round Utility

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"This is one of the best all around utility wagons I have ever owned. Haven't seen a comparable replacement. I trade often but not this one."

Chief Cherokee

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"The Cherokee is the Chief of SUVs in my opinion, it is versitile and extreemly reliable. I have owed cherokees with over a quarter million miles without any major repairs required. The 1998 model is my second in 15 years. I bought it used from an adult driver and have used it for business, vacation, moving, and family events. My teenagers have found it to be exteemely safe and easy to drive in any weather conditions. I have personally driven in major weathers systems to include a huricane, floods, blizzards, and severe thunderstorms. While others stay parked or pull off the road, I navigate easily with considerably limited risk thanks to shift on the fly 4 wheel drive, superior tracking, and a basic but exceptional brake system. Fuel injection works flawlessly giving optimal fuel economy for an SUV. I added a cargo carrier that loads my camping equipment, small boat and motor and handle superbly. I also tow the family 17 ft Jet boat with ease. I have used it to move my kids to college dorms, and shipping off to military duty. If you have teenagers, consider the safety offered to them in this vehicle, inclusive of the air bag system with padded covers. All in all the best SUV we have ever driven."

Very solid SUV

By on Thursday, August 09, 2007

"I've had my Cherokee for almost six years now (I bought it used with about 35,000 miles), and I've driven it across the country no less than six times--two of those times I was towning a U-haul trailer. It has over 120,000 miles on it now, and I've never had a problem with it on the road. There have been some minor repairs (brake rotors, fuses, wipers, and speakers), but nothing significant to to make me shy away from buying another Jeep some day. The only complaint I have is the comfort of the front and rear seats. The front have no lumbar support, and the rear seats have no head rests. All in all, my Cherokee has served me very well, and I could not be happier with what I have gotten out of it these last six years."