1998 Jeep Cherokee

Based on 845 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

Solid Vehicle

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"I bought my Jeep with 34,000 miles on it and now 5 yrs later I have 170,000 miles (mostly highway). This is a very solid vehicle. Knock on wood, I have only done regular maintenance. My next vehicle WILL be a Jeep. Too bad the Patriot is smaller."

Good All A Round Utility

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"This is one of the best all around utility wagons I have ever owned. Haven't seen a comparable replacement. I trade often but not this one."

My Cherokee Sport

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"Great vehicle, very dependable, great engine (4.0L), A TRUE CLASSIC. This has been more like a friend to me having put over 145,000 miles on it since buying it new in '98. I would highly recommend this model if only Jeep still sold it. Unfortunately I now have to sell it as I just bought a '06 Tacoma. I know it won't be long before I regret selling the Cherokee."

Chief Cherokee

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"The Cherokee is the Chief of SUVs in my opinion, it is versitile and extreemly reliable. I have owed cherokees with over a quarter million miles without any major repairs required. The 1998 model is my second in 15 years. I bought it used from an adult driver and have used it for business, vacation, moving, and family events. My teenagers have found it to be exteemely safe and easy to drive in any weather conditions. I have personally driven in major weathers systems to include a huricane, floods, blizzards, and severe thunderstorms. While others stay parked or pull off the road, I navigate easily with considerably limited risk thanks to shift on the fly 4 wheel drive, superior tracking, and a basic but exceptional brake system. Fuel injection works flawlessly giving optimal fuel economy for an SUV. I added a cargo carrier that loads my camping equipment, small boat and motor and handle superbly. I also tow the family 17 ft Jet boat with ease. I have used it to move my kids to college dorms, and shipping off to military duty. If you have teenagers, consider the safety offered to them in this vehicle, inclusive of the air bag system with padded covers. All in all the best SUV we have ever driven."

Very solid SUV

By on Thursday, August 09, 2007

"I've had my Cherokee for almost six years now (I bought it used with about 35,000 miles), and I've driven it across the country no less than six times--two of those times I was towning a U-haul trailer. It has over 120,000 miles on it now, and I've never had a problem with it on the road. There have been some minor repairs (brake rotors, fuses, wipers, and speakers), but nothing significant to to make me shy away from buying another Jeep some day. The only complaint I have is the comfort of the front and rear seats. The front have no lumbar support, and the rear seats have no head rests. All in all, my Cherokee has served me very well, and I could not be happier with what I have gotten out of it these last six years."