1996 Jeep Cherokee

Based on 569 Ratings for the 1984 - 1996 models.

Best Car Around!

By on Saturday, January 07, 2012

Pros: "Heavy-duty, dependable"

Cons: "MPG, not so great"

"I bought this car new in November, 1993. After driving it for over 18 years, it now has 215,200 miles on it. It has been very dependable, and I am so sad that they don't make them any longer. That's why I refuse to get rid of it!"

I cannot say enough good things ...

By on Friday, January 06, 2012

Pros: "reliable, cheap, cool factor"

Cons: "no cadillac, rides kind of rough"

"I love my older Jeep Cherokee, basic, simple, cheap, reliable, but it is a jeep. Not a suburban or a land cruiser. These older cherokees, not the grand cherokee, are awesome! my 20 year old cherokee has taken us across the contry and out of state many times, all withough issue, just change the oil, and be sure you got one that has been well maintained. Well worth the cost of having s JEEP shop look at it first to be sure you are getting a good one, jeeps that have not been maintained will tell a different story. They do not ride like a rolls royce, you are buying the bottom end lf the SUV market, and it drives like it. I put a 3" lift with new"

LOVE my jeep!

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "very reliable,"

Cons: "well, no cup holders, lol"

"My little red jeep is a 1991. It just keeps going and going and going. I call her my Energizer Bunny. We STILL get 25 mpg with her. NO expenses for up keep, (i.e. starter, altanator, radiator, etc.) She is well made and we hope to make it our oldest grandsons first car. He's 11 right now. BUY a jeep if you can! You will never be sorry!"

best ever

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "goes anywhere runs and drives great"

Cons: "not any"

"best car i have ever owned still drives and runs like it did when new"

Will own another!

By on Sunday, December 25, 2011

"What a vehicle, go anywhere, do anything, and have a blast at it. I bought mine with 223k miles on it and after a minor engine repair (reason why it was being sold) I had it up running and ready for anything. Its in amazing condition, doesn't show much signs of the wear it should, and is eager for any abuse I seem to throw at it (and believe me I throw some unbelievable things its way, which is ok since its not my primary vehicle). I was blown away by this vehicle and am determined to have another after this one. I should also mention that its stock, totally unmodified. Smooth, ample power. Surprisingly tight turning (and I don't mean just for a 4x4 either). Civil road manners. It rattles and jars a little on rough roads, but heck I expect it to (it is a Jeep after all not a Mercedes) and to all those who would gripe about that they should just learn to accept it and all the great attributes of this fantastic little SUV. A must own for any auto enthusiast, off roader, and anyone who appreciates a good vehicle."

This is one of the best vehicles ever made!

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, handles well, comfortable seats"

Cons: "Low MPG, short seatbelts"

"I have owned my Jeep Cherokee Country for about one year and it is the best most reliable vehicle I’ve ever seen. It’s never left me stranded. As long as you take care of it and do all the basic maintenance, this vehicle will go over 300,000 miles before anything major breaks."

Best vehicle I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable, and will run FOREVER"

Cons: "interior is basic but more than enough for me"

Only on a Jeep

"I have put over 450,000 miles on this car believe it or not, and have had very few problems. Jeeps just aren't built like this anymore. It's been rolled twice and still looks good. I will drive this car until it rusts in half, then I'll weld it back together and keep driving it."

Only on a Jeep

best ever!!

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

"will keep it going forever!!!"

awsome jeep

By on Saturday, December 17, 2011

"I have 204000 miles and still going what ever i throw at it it does it like it so much just got the wife a jeep."

Good Companion.....

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "Great for small business and auction haul"

Cons: "Hard to get to flat fixin' if seat is down"

"I bought my Jeep new in 1996 and it has been by my side ever since. Living in ice and snow country and dealing w/country/rural driving it has always gotten me out of some messy situations that other cars might have given up on. My biggest obstacle is my long curvy drive-way that tends to drift badly - only one deep snow in 15 years has been too much for the Jeep. If you're looking for great gas mileage - look somewhere else. The price of gas was no big issue 15 years ago, but now each stop for a fill up makes me think twice about my next vehicle. Drove several years w/o any maintenance other than oil change and the regular stuff. Now, w/age things are wearing out but still alot cheaper than buying a new vehicle. Regular maintenance and a trusted garage that does my mechanical work has kept me on the road w/this warrior longer than I expected."

good

By on Sunday, December 11, 2011

"good"

red jeep

By on Thursday, December 01, 2011

Pros: "very likely"

Cons: "my friend is broke"

"nice car nice ride nice insides beautiful exterior"

safe,fun.and life saving?

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "stabaliy, reliable.fun.safe"

Cons: "gas millage blind spots top heavy"

"i`m doing this review as proof this is one of the most reliable and safe suvs out there. i was side swipped by an oncoming truck. the amazing thing is. even though the jeep rolled five times. the worse damage was in the door from it was hit. i had to replace the door and from tire. but nothing else to major. had to replace the wind shield. but it had been needing that for some time. so if your looking for kids first car and worried about them having a wreck. i`d go with this."

Incredible small SUV!

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Reason: Needed a bigger truck

"My Cherokee was the most reliable, trouble free, easy to operate and cheapest to own vehicle I have ever had. It towed most everything with it's torquey 4.0 liter High Output inline 6 cylinder motor. I put a 3" skyjacker lift and with a set of 31" Yokohama Geolanders, it became unstoppable on the beach! It was incredible in the snow, especially with the good tires! It had a part time and a full time 4WD transfer case where you could leave it in full time 4WD all winter and never get caught off guard by an icy patch or a slick road. Part time was for the serious deep snow! It carried everything and never complained with little or no maintenance. I ran all Mobil 1 synthetic oils in it (engine, trans and rears)... maybe that helped. It's only drawback was that even though it had a 6 cylinder, it was a bit of a gas guzzler. It got about 10-12 mpg in the city and about 16-18 mpg on the highway. My new F-250 Supercab gets the SAME mileage and weighs 1600 lbs more with a V8!!!! Although the big Ford with the FX4 Off Road pkg. can pull a house, it can't maneuver, park in the city, or inspire confidence in the sand and snow like the Jeep did. Additionally, there wasn't a leak, drip, tick, or noise this Jeep made. I know that it could have easily gone another 100,000 miles or MORE without a problem! (Now I'm depressed for getting rid of it!)"

Ol' Faithful!

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

"I have to sell my Jeep now because I am not using it and insurance is not worth a car you don't often drive, but I am SO SAD to see it go. This car has been so faithful to me. I go it when I was 17 (am now 22). Being my first car, I abused it by running it without oil (just once, then I learned to check oil ;) ). It still runs great. You would never know. It's never left me stranded. Jeeps never should have been turned into luxury cars. Nothing beats an old Jeep!"

Outstanding Vehicle.

By on Friday, November 11, 2011

"I would buy another older Jeep any day."

Extremely Reliable, Tough, fun!

By on Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pros: "Unstopable offroad, little/no major maintanance"

Cons: "bumpy, loud, i dont have it anymore...."

"I bought my 94 cherokee with 127,000 miles. It ran strong with very few issues. I found out later the jeep had been run without oil for several thousand miles in its early days. NO PROBLEM FOR A JEEP! The highly underrated straight 6 still runs strong to this day! It burns a little oil due to worn rings, but not bad for a vehicle with abuse in its history. Even after a 40mph rear ending, sandwiching me into another vehicle (totaling the jeep), I was able to drive it home and give it a proper goodbye. Wouldn't have traded it for the world, a crash was the only way I would have ever gotten rid of it. Sad to see it go, grateful for my time with it. Amazing jeep, really held up to the legacy!"

jeep cherokee

By on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

I don't own this car

"truck is clean high miles."

Favorite Vehicle

By on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable, plenty of room"

"My 1995 Jeep has been unbelievable. Compared to any other vehicle I have owned, the engine is designed to outlive the rest of the vehicle. During the 3-4ft snows I was able to drive easily through it while other vehicles were useless. I never had a breakdown in the five years I have owned it and it has over 230,000 miles on it."

Will last forever!

By on Sunday, November 06, 2011

Pros: "cheap, reliable, good for on/offroad, fair on gas,"

Cons: "no cup holders in manual trannys and rust!"

wanda<3

"I got this jeep a while ago, lifted it, stuffed huge tires on it, and it is relentless, never will die. the only flaw to it is that these things like to rust out so if you are looking to buy one, poke around at the underside of the floor by the rear quarter and the rocker panels.. make sure u cant feel carpet!:) otherwise, these things are pperfection, and the heat in em are scorchin hot! one other great thing about jeeps is that there is such a large market for them, so finding aftermarket parts or even oem replacements is easy and cheap!"

wanda<3

Wonderful vehicle.

By on Friday, November 04, 2011

Pros: "Great vehicle"

Cons: "No cup holder, which is definitely a con for me."

"I love this vehicle--except for the cup holder, which does not exist. Very reliable, hard to get rid of and I have a car and bought a new SUV. Thought I could more easily get rid of this Jeep, but it is hard to part with."

NEVER DIES

By on Monday, October 31, 2011

Pros: "just a great car. good first car."

"This car will not die! I admit i have severely abused it. off-roading in northern Nevada is rough and all that is wrong with it is it needs a new transmission. i love this car!"

This is by far the best car I have ever owned.

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, goes thru anything"

Cons: "It needs cup holders, gas milage isn't great"

"I love this car. This is by far the best car I have ever owned. This is by far the best car I have ever owned. If they still made the same exact one I would buy another one. The only faults it has are it needs cup holders and I wish it got better gas millage."

if you have the chance get it!!

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "everything!!!"

1995 jeep cherokee sport

"I have a 95 Cherokee sport. never had any issues out of it at all. has plenty of power even at 201k. its only a 2wd but does great off road. it has never failed to start or take me anywhere. and from what i read the parts are cheap for these when you need to fix something. over all its a great vehicle, typically people would say to avoid a car with over 180k. these Cherokees have been known to easily last till 300k. all in all a great vehicle highly suggested!!"

1995 jeep cherokee sport

great oldie

By on Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "i bought the two door"

"At 140000 the 4 wheel drive still works and is powerful.The car has never left me stranded on the side of the road."