1996 Jeep Cherokee

Based on 569 Ratings for the 1984 - 1996 models.

Previous | 1 ... 112 113 114 | Next

GOOD JEEP

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

"its a good truck overall the 4 wheel drive isnt as good as many other jeep's i have owned but very reliable myin is at 160,000 and still kicking."

Tough Little Jeep

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

"I have had my 1991 Jeep for about 1 year, and it now has 180000 miles. It is a tired jeep, and needs some maintenance. The lifters are knocking which in turn threatens the cam shafts and together will cost about $700 to fix. I have heard this is a common problem in Jeeps. I still really enjoy my jeep though and the I6 is sweet. Great in snow and off road too."

Rock Solid U.S. SUV

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"Have had two of them, ran 2nd one up to current 260,000+; still doesn't burn oil or leak fluids; tranny is fine. Always starts in Wisconsin winter, has Never Been in a garage. Has plenty of pep, even with a heavy load. Great Sound system, gas mileage considering size & weight is not laughable, 18-22 on highway. Handles very well, just need to respect weight, greater heigth than normal car. Good Wide Track too, tough to roll unless driving like a pin-head. Always has enough room for whatever I need to haul, which has been plenty and often and heavy; ie. 2-400 Lbs. + passengers. Would handle a load on trailer quite well, no doubt; my buddy has been using several jeeps with fishing boats no problem."

The Beast keeps truckin

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

"I bought the 92 basic Cherokee from a friend knowing it need some work. All new brake components, a junk yard rear end and a new V belt were installed. I use the Jeep mostly for work and running errands around the area. It never fails to start and gets fairly good gas mileage (17mpg without a tune up) even with the big six engine. During winter, slip into four high and the "Beast" will handle anything mother nature puts down on the road. The 4 wheel drive is like no other 4 wheel drive I've ever owned. Very strong pulling power. The downside is some road noise and sort of uncomfortable seats. But, I can live with that. All in all, it's a good, dependable SUV."

Long Term Love Affair

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

"I bought my 1989 Jeep Cherokee new. And 18 years and 316,000 miles later, I would not part with it. Original engine runs fine. 3000 mile oil changes through all the years. I replaced the radiator, alternator, muffler, window motors and vent windows which I got from a junk dealer. The hinge rusted out. Someone tried to steal it once, but couldn't break in using a screw driver to the door lock. Installed an alarm system. Regular maintenance most of these years. I converted the air to "new" freon system. Body still looks like new. Seats are the most comfortable I have ever found in a vehicle, including a Lexus. At 5'2'', I have slept in the back many times. That isn't too bad, but heck I'm getting older and can't handle that stuff anymore. Mechanics step out of the Jeep once behind the wheel. They see the mileage and say, "Wow." in disbelief. What new car could I buy and get a better longer term relationship?"

Previous | 1 ... 112 113 114 | Next