1995 Jeep Cherokee

Based on 578 Ratings for the 1992 - 1996 models.

Great vehicle

By on Saturday, March 1, 2008

"I have had this jeep for nearly a year. 1996 Jeep Country, and I love it. it is reliable and comfortable and just what I need to knock around in. Not the sportiest, lovliest or newest, but its just what a 47 year old guy needs to run to Lowes and back. It never fails and is fun to drive. I would drive it if I were 19 or 99. Thanks."

Good Vehicle

By on Sunday, August 26, 2007

"For the price that you are buying Jeeps for now adays, it is really worth the price. A 4 wheel drive for under 2 grand. You can drive these jeeps for ever. I love mine, and I have had it for 18 years now. 370,000 miles, and all I have had to replace is some electrical motors for the windows, and frequent oil changes. If you are wanting a car that is reliable, and worth the money spent, I would recommend a Jeep. I think that the stock 4.0 is a good engine, but I think that there could of been done more to them. I don't think that they are the prettiest thing that I have ever seen. I don't think the quality of all the plastic under the hood is all that great. They aren't all that comfortable either. But mine sure has been reliable. I enjoy waking up every morning and being able to say, hey I can go where I need to go, Rain, shine, or snow."

Best Vehicle I have owned

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"Bought the Cherokee used in 1995 and it now has 248,000 and my son has it now for high school. This is the most reliable, durable vehicle I have owned. It was a perfect vehicle for me and my young family - especially during Wyoming winters. The back seat is not the most comfortable for adults but hey...."

Awesome car!

By on Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pros: "Buttleproof Engine!"

Cons: "1996=NO CD PLAYER"

"This car is amazing! The engine has over 200k miles on it, but it still runs like new. I bought this car for around a thousand dollars and I couldn't be happier. Runs so smooth, pickes up speed like new. The build on this car is incredible. They just don't make them how they used to. I am in love with my car. I am buying some seat covers for my car since the seats have taken a beating. BUY THIS CAR, YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!!! :D"

Pleasantly surprised

By on Friday, April 6, 2012

Pros: "Doesn't attract car thieves."

Cons: "It's old. (A Pro?)"

"My first Jeep, bought 8 years ago with 117K miles on it. Now at 202K. Some people think I'm nuts for loving such an old car. Read the other posts - these thing do run forever. I'm thinking around 300K miles it might need some serious work. Maybe not. It's not a Cadillac. Choppy ride on rough roads and a little noisy. Drives/steers/handles great for a small SUV and I think the seats (front) are comfortable. Back seat is for kids or really short trips. On smooth highways it's fine. Four hours of bad Oklahoma highways will wear you out. GREAT engine/trans (4.0HO with auto). 2wd but put some weight in the back and it handles snow well. If you're thinking of buying one stay away from rusty/wrecked examples. Otherwise there shouldn't be much to worry about. More reliable than a tank and drives better. Oh: I have cupholders!! Looks like a ten dollar option mounted in front of the armrest over the e-brake."