1994 Jeep Cherokee

Based on 577 Ratings for the 1992 - 1996 models.

20 years still strong

By on Friday, November 23, 2012

Pros: "reliable, fun to drive"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"own a 1992 Jeep Cherokee with 176k on the odometer. Routine maintenance..for it being 20 years old had to replace the following within this year: radiator, water pump, oil pan gasket, overhaul brake system, drive belt..runs strong, reliable..however, gas mileage is limited to 21 mpg on hwy going 55-60 mph..follow maintenance schedule and you will have a car for a very long time..i know of people who have way more miles that I have..so reliability speaks for itself..you cannot go wrong with the inline 6 engine..love this jeep."

200K and still ticking

By on Friday, October 5, 2007

"Well almost 200k. Bought this 9 years ago with 90k miles. It just turned over 184k and is just starting to show some engine problems. 2nd Gear in 5spd tranny was replaced around 100k. Haven't had to replace the brakes yet! I still keep checking, but pleanty of wear left. I do some rough off roading and hunting. Had to have the drivers side door hinges welded back on twice. When we bought it the milage was 21mpg, now it's around 19mpg. Use Bosh Platimum plugs or loose 2mpg. This has been a really great(Car, Truck, Jeep?). It's fun to drive, the 4.0 HO has lots of power. With some minor mods you can take it 4wheeling anywhere from Moab to the Rubicon. I wish Jeep still made them. no. 6 cylinder is getting low on compression and it uses a qt of oil a month now. Tows small camp trailers or ATVs fine. Buy one, drive it and take care of it, you'll be glad you did."

Most Reliable

By on Monday, August 13, 2007

"I am currently on my second cherokee -- same year, same engine, different color. My first was awesome. I would have driven it into the ground if it hadn't have been stolen. The engine had over 350,000 miles on it and was still running like a champ! My current cherokee is just as wonderful with over 205,000 miles. You just can't beat that 4cyl engine. I would recommend this vehicle to a friend any day."

Tough Stuff

By on Saturday, September 7, 2013

Pros: "Dependable and a strong runner"

Cons: "Fuel consumption"

"I have a 1995 and have driven this vehicle for 7 years now. I traded another vehicle for this one and have put nearly 100K miles on it since I got it. It has room for my family of 5 and decent cargo space in the back plus a luggage rack. I have driven this Jeep through large amounts of snow, bad storms and even a flood and it just keeps going. It's an extremely easy vehicle to work on and the parts are cheap and easy to find. I often have people approaching me asking if I'd be willing to sell it to which I reply...NO! I will drive it until it won't drive any more which is hopefully a long time from now."

Love my jeep

By on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pros: "Purchased mine for $800 and its still running"

Cons: "None of my gauges work- eh NBD"

"I have had a few fuel delivery issues but other than that suprisingly NO OVERHEATING issues- Rear main seal leak is a give in. DOES NOT SMOKE. I have launched our 16.5" boat at pineview reservoir and into rivers 2 years straight 3+ days a week and never had an issue. It does have hood spacers on it which help with the temp I am sure. 4-wheel drive used 2x living in northern utah that is surprising. Very evenly weighted- Good looking all around amazing vehicle. I would purchase this specific jeep for a child of mine if i had any. Amazing how many people trash talk it and how often they break down- any time i had an issue a little starter fluid and the issue was fixed."