1994 Jeep Cherokee

Based on 571 Ratings for the 1984 - 1996 models.

Dependable

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "Lasts forever"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"Very tough and dependable vehicle."

20 years still strong

By on Friday, November 23, 2012

Pros: "reliable, fun to drive"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"own a 1992 Jeep Cherokee with 176k on the odometer. Routine maintenance..for it being 20 years old had to replace the following within this year: radiator, water pump, oil pan gasket, overhaul brake system, drive belt..runs strong, reliable..however, gas mileage is limited to 21 mpg on hwy going 55-60 mph..follow maintenance schedule and you will have a car for a very long time..i know of people who have way more miles that I have..so reliability speaks for itself..you cannot go wrong with the inline 6 engine..love this jeep."

Incredible Vehicle!

By on Thursday, November 08, 2012

Pros: "Awesome to Drive"

Cons: "Could use more cupholders"

"These are incredible trucks! I had mine for over 2 years before the frame rusted out. It has very quick acceleration, very responsive steering, and ample cargo capacity. This thing took everything I threw at it. Only had to replace the gas tank during the 2 years. Awesome in the snow, mud, rocks. Favorite car to date!"

Very nice for the money

By on Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, Capable, Reliable, Practical, and Fun"

Cons: "Not the best mileage. (Approx. 13.5 combined avg.)"

"It has been very reliable and is great off-road. It serves off-road duties as well as daily driver duties and has left me stranded zero times. It is comfortable, capable, reliable, and the interior is great considering it is a 90's Chrysler product. I bought it because it was cheap, and practical for my needs, and was thoroughly impressed!"

Awesome car!

By on Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pros: "Buttleproof Engine!"

Cons: "1996=NO CD PLAYER"

"This car is amazing! The engine has over 200k miles on it, but it still runs like new. I bought this car for around a thousand dollars and I couldn't be happier. Runs so smooth, pickes up speed like new. The build on this car is incredible. They just don't make them how they used to. I am in love with my car. I am buying some seat covers for my car since the seats have taken a beating. BUY THIS CAR, YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!!! :D"

love my tank

By on Monday, October 08, 2012

"i love this vehicle its tough can take a hit or two and keep rolling mine aint beautiful but can go any where and over anything."

Reliable, reliable, reliable!

By on Sunday, August 26, 2012

Pros: "reliable, easy to repair, great family car"

Cons: "city mpg is 16-19, hwy is 24"

"I bought my 96' cherokee 6 years ago, and I have absolutely loved this car! For one, it's very easy to work on. Every mechanic charges you less because everything is so straight foward on it. I bought it with 154k miles and have put another 100k on it in 6 years. The repairs that I have had to do is replace the rear shocks, radiator, starter, battery, etc. Nothing huge, just little stuff that you would expect with car over 10 years old. Its a fun car to drive and haul a few people in. One of my favorite things about my jeep is how well it handles snow. I can pop it into 4wd at any time and it is awesome! Even though I have slipped off of the road a few times, I have never had to be pulled out for this reason! I truly feel that this car will run for another 100k as long as I take care of it!"

Best Jeep ever built...

By on Monday, May 21, 2012

Pros: "Goes anyplace I need to go - from beach to mtns."

Cons: "Gas mileage is about 15-16 miles around town"

"I love, love, love my 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport. It is my "snow car" in the winter and "going to the garden center" car in the summer. I would drive it every day except for the gas mileage...only negative that I have. Unlike other reviews, my Jeep does have a cupholder that was installed at the factory - it is bolted onto the right-hand side of the gear shift. I just bought the last available set of Mopar Jeep floormats from my dealership. Honestly, if I had to choose between my BMW car and the Jeep Cherokee, I would seriously think of giving up my car!"

after 16 years, it is the best car i have owned

By on Monday, April 16, 2012

Pros: "Reliable 4x4, compact, and drives great."

Cons: "Driver side door hinge weld broke in year 7."

"I am the 2nd owner of a 1994 Jeep Cherokee Sport, 4D, 4x4. I bought it in 1996, with the goal of it lasting 10 years... it did not disappoint me. Still has the factory stock suspension. For those that complain about gas mileage, give me a break... its a Jeep!!! I get 15-16 mpg in daily driving 20-22 highway. It is my daily driver, my go to the mountains ski/board/snow play vehicle, my going fishing/camping/get gone vehicle. Never had an issue with logging roads or 4x4 trails to get to favorite camp sites. It can go to places newer 4x4's can only dream of. Never an issue with the drive train. And it has a tighter turning radius than any sub compact car i have ever driven. The 4.0 L engine is bullet proof. Still runs strong after 240000 miles."

Pleasantly surprised

By on Friday, April 06, 2012

Pros: "Doesn't attract car thieves."

Cons: "It's old. (A Pro?)"

"My first Jeep, bought 8 years ago with 117K miles on it. Now at 202K. Some people think I'm nuts for loving such an old car. Read the other posts - these thing do run forever. I'm thinking around 300K miles it might need some serious work. Maybe not. It's not a Cadillac. Choppy ride on rough roads and a little noisy. Drives/steers/handles great for a small SUV and I think the seats (front) are comfortable. Back seat is for kids or really short trips. On smooth highways it's fine. Four hours of bad Oklahoma highways will wear you out. GREAT engine/trans (4.0HO with auto). 2wd but put some weight in the back and it handles snow well. If you're thinking of buying one stay away from rusty/wrecked examples. Otherwise there shouldn't be much to worry about. More reliable than a tank and drives better. Oh: I have cupholders!! Looks like a ten dollar option mounted in front of the armrest over the e-brake."