1994 Jeep Cherokee

Based on 573 Ratings for the 1984 - 1996 models.

Dependable and Long lasting

By on Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pros: "Dependable and long lasting"

Cons: "Gas mileage terrible"

"Has been the best vehicle I have ever owned, dependable and requires little maintanence. Purchased used in 1996 and have kept the oil changed between 3-6,000 mi. and only major repair to date has been the radiator. Would recommend Jeep hands down, would love to purchase another one but can't afford today's car prices, plan on driving this one till it can't go anymore. Would gladly trade my Mercedes for a Jeep Any Day! This Jeep has my heart forever!"

I love my car

By on Monday, August 22, 2011

Pros: "goes anywhere, anytime. Lived in Texas for awhile, great in snow or sand"

Cons: "favorite car to be stolen and taken to Mexico"

"I had the engine replaced 1000 miles ago. Broken motor mount tweeked engine into the radiator. Original mileage was 245,000 miles. No trouble with the car, excellent experience. I live in the desert, so tough on paint job, but 4wd is a thrill. weather is just as tough on upholstery"

Good small SUV

By on Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"I owned two of these a 95 and 96 which are the best years for the Cherokee. Before was too many cooling/engine issues and after too much weight and watered down performance. Great strong engine and responsive but suspension made for off road. Interior is wannabe but functional. This is a tough rig but really made to be upgraded for some offroad rather than a cruiser in town."

Made from the best stuff on earth

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"I have been a Jeep Tech since 1993. When I bought my Cherokee in 96 I could have afforded almost any car I wanted. After 3 years of working in a dealer I new that this was the best product for the money. Here I am 12 years and 155,000 miles later still praising my Jeep. I have never had anything major replaced. I have had this thing in mud up to the doors, snow 36" deep and even in the surf at the jersey shore. It never has failed me once. In 12 years I have replaced only a few bulbs, the O2 sensor, TPS sensor, recently the radiator, and normal maintence. If you are looking for old faithful then this is the vehicle that I have said for 15 years is "Made From The Best Stuff on Earth""

200K and still ticking

By on Friday, October 05, 2007

"Well almost 200k. Bought this 9 years ago with 90k miles. It just turned over 184k and is just starting to show some engine problems. 2nd Gear in 5spd tranny was replaced around 100k. Haven't had to replace the brakes yet! I still keep checking, but pleanty of wear left. I do some rough off roading and hunting. Had to have the drivers side door hinges welded back on twice. When we bought it the milage was 21mpg, now it's around 19mpg. Use Bosh Platimum plugs or loose 2mpg. This has been a really great(Car, Truck, Jeep?). It's fun to drive, the 4.0 HO has lots of power. With some minor mods you can take it 4wheeling anywhere from Moab to the Rubicon. I wish Jeep still made them. no. 6 cylinder is getting low on compression and it uses a qt of oil a month now. Tows small camp trailers or ATVs fine. Buy one, drive it and take care of it, you'll be glad you did."