1994 Jeep Cherokee

Based on 570 Ratings for the 1984 - 1996 models.

Ten years later

By on Sunday, February 09, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, the 'Jeep' thing."

Cons: "Gas mileage, hot chicks don't care."

"I bought this in Texas with 115k miles on it. 2wd. It runs great, cruises the highway well for it's age. I'm not an off-roader. Switched to synthetic oil when I bought it and then had the rear main leak fixed. No problem since. All other mechanical issues have been basic and expected. Starter, alternator, water pump, brakes, a little front end work - all are normal for the mileage. Parts are easily available and not expensive. I don't do the work myself but labor has never been outrageous. It's not as pretty as when I bought it but still just as reliable. If you know a little about basic car maintenance it's a breeze. Properly aligned and with decent tires you can set the cruise control on 85. That's the upper limit of the speedometer. Gas mileage is not great. Payments and full coverage insurance on a new car would be prohibitive. I suppose I could buy a used economy car but I've come to know the Jeep too well. A basic sporty utility vehicle! It's pretty much bulletproof."

love my 1993 Cherokee 4x4

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

Pros: "tough little beast of an SUV, solid drivetrain 4x4"

Cons: "no cup holders(yet)"

"bought it used, have no idea how many previous owners it had. after purchase realized that it had been wrecked and repaired(looks to be a decent repair job)was overheating badly at low speeds, changed waterpump,thermostat,fan clutch and flushed the radiator(all oem) and runs cool again. I use it as a hunting vehicle and it is very dependable and the 4x4 works wonderfully and I run it through rivers and up the side of a mountain on trails that were made by animals not vehicles, it busts through thick undergrowth like a tank. it shakes and rattles, but no worse than high performance high dollar corvettes I have owned. gas mileage not really an issue as it is not a daily driver. would buy another one in a heartbeat. I'm just gonna screw a cupholder to the plastic dash and keep on rocking and rolling along in this abuse taking little beast of an SUV. Chrysler should take note and make another basic 4x4 box of an suv with the 4.0 HO and they would sell a ton of em, Chrysler are you listening? there is a legion of Jeep people out here"

Had three of them-this is my 3rd one!

By on Friday, November 15, 2013

Pros: "everything it is meant to do but fun doing it"

Cons: "that i couldn't lift 2 of them any faster"

"I will never let go of the love for my Jeeps. My first one was an 88 and I sold it for more then i bought it for. Should not have. Then I missed it so when I needed a car, I simply found another one. The second was an 89 and it had extremely high miles on it. Somewhere around 300000 and its still strong. I have been fixing it up to be a monster and meanwhile I stumbled onto another one, a 96 which is right where i wanted mine to be. It only has 106000 miles on it and it would cost me what I spent on the 96 to bring my 89 up to same point. I could not resist so I got it and now I sadly have to let the 89 go which is the most cleanest one I have ever seen. I have to pay the debt i created when i bought the 3rd. In my neighborhood there is a man who owns three of them also. I guess once you go jeep-you never let go! As for the looks and performance? 10 out of 10! mine all looked good and ran great! Snow was the most fun ever in my lifetime."

The best Jeeps around

By on Monday, November 11, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, runs forever"

Cons: "no cup holders, slow heat"

"I love love love my Jeep. It has plenty of power for every day driving and towing almost anything, albeit terrible gas mileage for both. It has a lot of character and I often hear "cool Jeep!" when people see it. The country version is definitely a must, the leather seats are nice gray (instead of the usual tan or black), the wheels have a different spoke pattern, and it just adds to the cool Jeep-y character. It's built like a tank, which is great for its safety ratings. I personally have been in 2 accidents in mine and it ate both of the other cars, while itself sustaining almost no damage. Everything that has ever needed to be fixed has been easily accessible and the parts readily available, which is definitely a plus for those of us who aren't exactly mechanics. In the country version there are air bags and a loud buzzer reminding you to wear your seat belt. It's held up great and has taken quite a few beatings while barely (if at all) compromising looks or mechanics. They're very easy to modify (mine has a lift, wider tires, new speakers, and a few other things). Definitely good for teenage or older drivers, as they have the total package for character, safety, and ease of maintenance."

My only new vehicle

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Noisy in backseat"

"I bought this vehicle new in May of 1993 and have driven it as my primary transportation all this time. It has consistently gotten 21/22 mpg. I enjoy driving it whether good or bad weather. It's only down side is that it is a bit noisy, especially for a passenger in the back seat. It has plenty of power, corners easily and is quite comfortable."