1994 Jeep Cherokee

Based on 574 Ratings for the 1984 - 1996 models.

Tough Stuff

By on Saturday, September 07, 2013

Pros: "Dependable and a strong runner"

Cons: "Fuel consumption"

"I have a 1995 and have driven this vehicle for 7 years now. I traded another vehicle for this one and have put nearly 100K miles on it since I got it. It has room for my family of 5 and decent cargo space in the back plus a luggage rack. I have driven this Jeep through large amounts of snow, bad storms and even a flood and it just keeps going. It's an extremely easy vehicle to work on and the parts are cheap and easy to find. I often have people approaching me asking if I'd be willing to sell it to which I reply...NO! I will drive it until it won't drive any more which is hopefully a long time from now."

Love my jeep

By on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pros: "Purchased mine for $800 and its still running"

Cons: "None of my gauges work- eh NBD"

"I have had a few fuel delivery issues but other than that suprisingly NO OVERHEATING issues- Rear main seal leak is a give in. DOES NOT SMOKE. I have launched our 16.5" boat at pineview reservoir and into rivers 2 years straight 3+ days a week and never had an issue. It does have hood spacers on it which help with the temp I am sure. 4-wheel drive used 2x living in northern utah that is surprising. Very evenly weighted- Good looking all around amazing vehicle. I would purchase this specific jeep for a child of mine if i had any. Amazing how many people trash talk it and how often they break down- any time i had an issue a little starter fluid and the issue was fixed."

Best vehicle ever

By on Saturday, August 13, 2011

"I bought this jeep brand new. It was our first family suv. We have kept it for so many years because it is a great vehicle. I have not done any major work to engine or transmission. This vehicle had been everywhere. From Mazatlan Mexico to Vancoveer Canada to East Coast and back to Calif. I would recommend this vehicle to anybody looking for a reliable car."

205K

By on Monday, August 31, 2009

"Best car I have ever owned. I bought it with 70K on it and it is still running strong 135000 miles later at 205K. I have put highway miles, city miles, off road miles, and boat towing miles on it. It has never missed a beat. I loved having the 5spd manual. I really think it improved the gas mileage over the automatic."

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2008

"I bought the vehicle with 94,000 miles (~$6000). 9 years later it has 211,000. Maintance has included radiator leak (~$200), water pump leak (~$150), clutch replacement (~$600), and oil changes every 5000-10000 miles. The vehicle still runs great. very reliable. Easy to work on for the DIY's. I will buy a similar vehicle when this one finally dies."