1994 Jeep Cherokee

Based on 573 Ratings for the 1984 - 1996 models.

20 years still strong

By on Friday, November 23, 2012

Pros: "reliable, fun to drive"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"own a 1992 Jeep Cherokee with 176k on the odometer. Routine maintenance..for it being 20 years old had to replace the following within this year: radiator, water pump, oil pan gasket, overhaul brake system, drive belt..runs strong, reliable..however, gas mileage is limited to 21 mpg on hwy going 55-60 mph..follow maintenance schedule and you will have a car for a very long time..i know of people who have way more miles that I have..so reliability speaks for itself..you cannot go wrong with the inline 6 engine..love this jeep."

Tough and Reliable

By on Thursday, March 27, 2008

"This Jeep has been very good to me. Not once has it left me stranded. The 4.0 has proven to be a particularly durable engine, giving me 240K miles so far. It still returns 20 mpg on the highway and starts without any complaint every day. Not a great looking vehicle, but charming. Wind noise is ever present and interior fit and finish are lackluster, yet all the power options still function reliably. The seats are supportive and remain comfortable on long drives. Cargo area is versatile and the back seat folds forward for a flat load floor. The back seat cushion itself can be fully removed quite easily, for a bit more storage space. Cupholders intrude on passenger legroom, but can be removed. The 4WD is manually selected from neutral, and has a Low range for extra power at low speeds. Parts are cheap and easy to find, and a person with limited mechanical experience can perform all maintenance without much ado."

Can't beat a Jeep!

By on Wednesday, October 01, 2008

"1992 Jeep. I've driven it pushing 13 years now. The clear coat has been coming off for 2 years now and it looks a bit rough. You would too for being 16 years old and being pushed for 198,000 miles. still going strong with the usual maintanence. Just bought it's twin to cannabalize for parts. Will rebuild it's engine to place in #1 when it goes and switch the front doors with as #2 has wing windows that actual open and close! This car has never let me down or refused to start. I'll drive it till the wheels fall off! It's a keeper for little money and repair!"

Most Reliable

By on Monday, August 13, 2007

"I am currently on my second cherokee -- same year, same engine, different color. My first was awesome. I would have driven it into the ground if it hadn't have been stolen. The engine had over 350,000 miles on it and was still running like a champ! My current cherokee is just as wonderful with over 205,000 miles. You just can't beat that 4cyl engine. I would recommend this vehicle to a friend any day."

Best vehicle I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable, and will run FOREVER"

Cons: "interior is basic but more than enough for me"

Only on a Jeep

"I have put over 450,000 miles on this car believe it or not, and have had very few problems. Jeeps just aren't built like this anymore. It's been rolled twice and still looks good. I will drive this car until it rusts in half, then I'll weld it back together and keep driving it."

Only on a Jeep