1994 Jeep Cherokee

Based on 574 Ratings for the 1984 - 1996 models.

20 years still strong

By on Friday, November 23, 2012

Pros: "reliable, fun to drive"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"own a 1992 Jeep Cherokee with 176k on the odometer. Routine maintenance..for it being 20 years old had to replace the following within this year: radiator, water pump, oil pan gasket, overhaul brake system, drive belt..runs strong, reliable..however, gas mileage is limited to 21 mpg on hwy going 55-60 mph..follow maintenance schedule and you will have a car for a very long time..i know of people who have way more miles that I have..so reliability speaks for itself..you cannot go wrong with the inline 6 engine..love this jeep."

Best vehicle I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable, and will run FOREVER"

Cons: "interior is basic but more than enough for me"

Only on a Jeep

"I have put over 450,000 miles on this car believe it or not, and have had very few problems. Jeeps just aren't built like this anymore. It's been rolled twice and still looks good. I will drive this car until it rusts in half, then I'll weld it back together and keep driving it."

Only on a Jeep

Most Reliable

By on Monday, August 13, 2007

"I am currently on my second cherokee -- same year, same engine, different color. My first was awesome. I would have driven it into the ground if it hadn't have been stolen. The engine had over 350,000 miles on it and was still running like a champ! My current cherokee is just as wonderful with over 205,000 miles. You just can't beat that 4cyl engine. I would recommend this vehicle to a friend any day."

I love my car

By on Monday, August 22, 2011

Pros: "goes anywhere, anytime. Lived in Texas for awhile, great in snow or sand"

Cons: "favorite car to be stolen and taken to Mexico"

"I had the engine replaced 1000 miles ago. Broken motor mount tweeked engine into the radiator. Original mileage was 245,000 miles. No trouble with the car, excellent experience. I live in the desert, so tough on paint job, but 4wd is a thrill. weather is just as tough on upholstery"

Made from the best stuff on earth

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"I have been a Jeep Tech since 1993. When I bought my Cherokee in 96 I could have afforded almost any car I wanted. After 3 years of working in a dealer I new that this was the best product for the money. Here I am 12 years and 155,000 miles later still praising my Jeep. I have never had anything major replaced. I have had this thing in mud up to the doors, snow 36" deep and even in the surf at the jersey shore. It never has failed me once. In 12 years I have replaced only a few bulbs, the O2 sensor, TPS sensor, recently the radiator, and normal maintence. If you are looking for old faithful then this is the vehicle that I have said for 15 years is "Made From The Best Stuff on Earth""