2014 Jaguar XK Series Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $70,686 - $74,609.

10/7.2

Based on 78 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Most gorgeous car ever.

By on Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive."

Cons: "No oil dip stick or temperature guage."

"Pros include styling, reliability, handling under most conditions except snow & ice. It's a "hoot" to drive & quite a head turner. Cons include poor back seat space and poor trunk space. I can fit one or two golf club sets inside, but must remove the long clubs & place them back into the trunk after putting in the bags. Navigation screen is "fiddley". This is my 4th Jaguar - always buy used w low mileage."

this cat purrs

By on Tuesday, June 26, 2007

"I had ferraris, lambo,meserati,NSX,3 porsches,mercedes and so far this car have the best combination of performance, comfort,looks,ergonomics,reliability and even fuel economy! I still get amazed by the quietness of this soft top at 110 MPH! It is fast and just easy to drive, it is soothing and exicting at the same time. Ok i did have a few performance upgrades and cosmetic changes but all in all even with the $ spent on the mods, it is by far the best performance car for the money and i am so glad that my lamborghini mechanic had to move to a smaller house without my monthly support! Buy it, you will love it, the supercharger version is a must and down right bargin for what you get for the few extra dollars.my only complaint is the roof tend to hit you in the temple during ingress, and make sure you put in high octane gas as the super charger tends to be demanding of waht gas you use.45000 miles and so far nothing wrong with it."

Suprise Value Loss

By on Sunday, September 20, 2009

"I have owned this car for two trouble free years. My only complaint is that the local Dealer states that my car, which has under 10,000 miles, is only now valued at $55,000 and Kbb value today is $57,805. I would very interested if some one could tell me even in this soft market how such a great car has lost 50% of it's value. If Jaguar's can't hold a respectable value over such a short period of time it will sadly be my last."

beauiful but uncomfortible

By on Wednesday, September 22, 2010

"Bought the XK convertible 4 months ago. Styling and reliability-unquestioned. Originally looked at the new Maserati convertible that debuted in the Spring. Very similar styling and didn't feel that it was worth $45,000 more. XK--same designer for the Aston Martin. I traded in my Porsche 928--which was much more comfortible. Felt more like a sports car. Inside the XK-you feel that you are in a small car and wouldn't know that it was a sportscar. The only fault--are the seats which are very uncomfortible. They are hard (there is a steel bar located on the rear of the seat-that you can feel). I brought the car back to the dealer who agreed that the seats are hard--but not defective. By the way--the brakes rub (grind). He also convinced me that all Jaguars have this issue. I was given a 2011 loaner XF last week with 200 miles--the brakes grind. Overall-I am very satisfied (except for the seats). Also have a Jaguar Van den Plas-for 9 years--without any problems; another reason that I trusted the Jaguar brand. The BMW 650--to me is dull (not a BMW fan), and the Mercedes SL did nothing for me. Of course the XK has tremendous depreciation--but that is to be expected (as I have learned). The car now has 950 miles with no other issues. By the way--I recently experienced what is known as "bumper rash", which I was able to fix for $120.00. Interestingly-when I searched the internet for companies that repair the rims--several sites showed the Jaguar XK's wheels as an example. There must be something with the design that makes the rims more susceptible to this damage. I never had this with any other car. Hope that this was useful."

Huge disappointment in value

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "A kick to drive"

Cons: "Too many problems"

"There have been a series of problems with the car. Interior issues with fading, cracking, leather lifting. Broken drain pipe under dash. Right after that was taken care of, another $500 mechanical repair...Now there is a whirring noise that I will have to pay to fix and based on everything else, it is bound to be major. I love to drive the car and appearance is unique but it has been a waste of money. The current value is way less than half of what I paid for it. Buttons stick, temperature shows up as 0 at least half the time. Display screen has begun to do unpredictable things."

MORE ADDICTIVE THAN DRUGS!!!!

By on Monday, October 08, 2007

"This car is my 2nd. Jauguar purchsed since 2004. My first was an '04 XJR. This car has more features, better brakes & looks! I have owned this car for 1 month now & can't stop driving it! I get lots of looks & compliments! My wife gets jeleaous due to all the attention I get! I chose this car over a Mercedes S-600. I am glad I made this choice. This is a great car for the value....also great fuel economy & ride characteristics as well. Good job Jaguar!"

Most beautiful car I have ever seen!

By on Saturday, December 24, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, head turner"

"This car has stunning performance, fast, and handles like a dream. Very few cars have the same performance specs until you get into a car worth $150k or more. Very comfortable interior for myself at 6'5"."

My favorite car...ever.

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "looks, local-driving comfort and fun"

Cons: "bluetooth for phone, not a long-range cruiser"

"This car has the looks (almost annoying sometimes with the people that want to talk to you :-) )the performance and for the 5 years old it is...reliability with no repairs major or minor that I've always looked for. The only thing not good is the bluetooth for the cell phone. It was iffy at best all along (the Service mgr told me admittedly that this was Jaguar's weakest point) and failed about 6 months ago completely. With the laws that may change on cellphones in cars, I left it out. But that is NOTHING compared to the overall car which I will never regret buying. Love it!"

Best vehicle ever bought

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "Awesome power but very controllable"

Cons: "The sat-nav absolutely sucks!!!"

"I have owned high end Mercedes before, this Jaguar is my best car by far. It's power is awesome but never feels unsafe and the ride is not too hard, unlike some pure play sports cars. This is definitely a grand tourer and ideal for the quintessential "road trip". But the best thing by far is the fact that it is dead drop gorgeous - one of the hottest looking cars ever, sleek, sophisticated and stylish. The only downside comes with the toys, the sound system is great but the GPS is an absolute nightmare."

3 excellent cars in one

By on Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Pros: "that sound, and the effortless power"

"New MY12 convertible XKR Combines a luxury GT with a topless beauty and an exhilarating sports car all in one. Very comfortable on long trips, good sound system, comfortable seats, great climate control. Top down is fabulous - able to have conversations at speed, with little wind buffeting. Exhilarating performance, especially in gear acceleration. Effortless power - no lag from transmission, no delay or hesitation, just a steady stream of power. Head turning looks, much rarer than a 911, and just as quick. Best car I am ever likely to own, and so far just can't get enough of its fabulous sound. Something to look forward to driving at every opportunity."