2004 Jaguar XK Series

Based on 181 Ratings for the 1997 - 2006 models.

Amazing car overall but with problems later on...

By on Monday, December 21, 2009

"I've had this car since it was new and the fact that I still have it is a testament to how amazing this car is. The coupe is a stunner and STILL a huge head-turner even after all these years. The engine is smooth and powerful, while making a utterly sweet sound that is feline in nature and fantastically pleasing to the auditory senses. The interior ages well and the leather still smells new. The burled-walnut wood and old-school instruments are eternally classy and luxurious. The car ran perfectly for about 8 years with no problems whatsoever. Like all cars things start to break and need to be replaced. You also have to consider that this was the first year the car was produced and that always comes along with premature failure of certain parts. These parts were mostly redesigned in later years and are typically compatible with the 97 model year. I'd recmmend keeping the car garaged since the last two years I have it outside in the hot florida sun. This has degraded certain rubber parts on the car, caused the headliner glue to fail, and caused premature fracture of certain interior retaining-plastic clips that now rattle. The wood also seems to have been negatively affected by the heat/sun. Of course, fixing anything on this car cost a fortune. The parts are super-expensive, but after all this is a Jaguar and that comes along with owning a luxury car. Overall, even with all its issues in its old age, I truly enjoy every moment I'm with the car and I have yet to drive or see another car that even comes close to it's overall balace, feel, athleticism, luxury, smootheness, classiness, and timelesness. This car is extremly predictable and really gives the sense that it is merely an extension of self while driving. I can think of no better car that allows one to achieve a unity and sense of oneness with the road and the driving experience. I don't think that anyone who drove this car would disagree. Jaguar set out the achieve the true definition of a mechanical cat, and in my opinion, they have achieved just that."

cannot beat the price

By on Thursday, September 16, 2010

"bought this 1997 xk convertible in 2004. only problem since was a factory recall on the computer. where can you get a $80,000 car for $10,000 many available now with low miles in excellant condition. classic lines, handles great, even gets good gas mileage(24 on road). only problem i have is getting in and out of the car even with telescoping wheel. no problem for the young. give it a few more years and it will be a classic."

Very Hot Car!!!

By on Sunday, August 02, 2009

"I have always dreamed of owning a Jaguar and in March 2008, my dream came true. A wealthy friend of mine was selling his 2002 Jaguar XK8 Convertible and the deal was so good I couldn't pass it up, am I glad I didn't. The car is extremely fun to drive and since I am a blonde when the top is down everyone looks and that makes it more fun. You will get a lot of looks and compliments when you are driving this vehicle. People will come up to you when you are pumping gas just to have a look, makes you feel special. My husband loves the car also and he was the one that talked me into buying it. It has had a few problems when the original prior owner had it and a few with me but it only has 38,000 original miles. I found a great repair shop that is reasonable and they only repair Jags, Benz's, Porsches and other luxury vehicles. I have found that the dealers here in Houston are clueless when it comes to the car. You would think that when you have a high dollar automobile the service would be exemplary, but it is no different than owning a Chevy or Pontiac as far as the service goes. Hopefully the car won't have any more problems and will last a good while. My mechanic advised me to drive the car and don't let it sit around because it will start having problems if it is not driven regularly. The depreciation is terrible so unless you are rich, you will have to hang on to the car for a while. I only paid $22,000 last year, great car for such a price compared to others on the market. My dad passed away the Sunday before I closed on the loan and it has helped me to cope with his passing. Buy one if you have a chance, you only live once so enjoy it!!!"

My Knight In Shining Armor

By on Thursday, February 05, 2009

"We purchased our '99 XK8 in '07 from my in-laws who purchased it new. They took amazing care and did not drive it often (35,000/mi in '07). I garage it during the winter (New England) and use it on the weekends during the other seasons. I do not baby this car when I am driving it. The roof if up/down all day long (don't leave it down when out running errands/shopping) and run it @ approx. 80mph when on the highway. My mother-in-law did baby it when driving and we were told that is the worst thing to do - these cars are made to be driven and driven FAST!! It puts a smile on my face every time I put the key in the ignition. My father-in-law has an '08 XJ supercharged that I've driven....what a dream. If you can buy a Jag, you will not be disappointed."

It makes you happy you bought it!

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2008

"I bought this car when it was new, and I've never--not once--regretted the decision. Every time I pull it out of the garage it reminds me how happy I am to own it. The performance is great, I've never had any problems other than general maintenance, my dealer treats me like a king, and believe me--it gets noticed! When I bought it, I had the finances to buy any luxury sports car available in America. Go too exotic, and you're afraid to drive it if there's a drop of rain on the road (or even a cloud on the horizon!). And you're going to attract TOO much attention. Go too plain-vanilla, dime-a-dozen (read Mercedes) and you're just like every other successful guy (or gal) out there. So I decided to save a bunch of cash, be a little out of the ordinary, and bought my first Jaguar. I've never regretted my decision. You won't either--go for it!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Jaguar XK Series near Honolulu. See local deals