• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Jaguar XJ Series Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $66,715 - $70,696.

Based on 15 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

9.9/10
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

20104 JAGUAR XJL AWD A DRIVERS CAR

By on Thursday, January 29, 2015

Pros: "HYW fuel economy, interior design, powertrain"

Cons: "touch screen a little slow on some functions"

"I recently purchased the awd XJL after driving the audi A8, bmw 750li, and Mercedes S550. I have owned all 4 luxury brands over the years. The jaguar awd version was the quietest and best driving of the 2014 XJ sedans I tested. I also had multiple drives in the competitors vehicles. The jaguar is more of a drivers car and felt like a smaller coupe. It was much more nimble and fun to drive than the competitors, which felt numb and big. The BMW and Audi were nice just uninspiring, and not fun to drive. The Mercedes was an excellent car as well but made me feel older than I am. The jaguar reliability is much improved over past generations, and the v6 is an excellent choice for a daily driver. I spoke with a trusted service advisor at the jaguar\land rover dealer and the engine and car are rock solid now. My friend told me he sees the cars when they purchased and only for the 15k routine service. I have the same v6 in my 2015 Range rover and it is just as smooth. I purchased this for a daily driver and long road trips. I recently drove 1000miles roundtrip and the car was very comfortable and returned 30.2mpg at 75. Amazing for such a big car. I love the dual pane sunroof. The 2014 car was retuned for better drive and ride, so I'd buy a 2014 forward. I looked at sales numbers and 4000 cars are sold in the US annually compared to 6000 A8, and 21000 S550. I heard the same comments about reliability from friends, but comments were based on older versions. JD Power shows they have made good improvements. I am content with my purchase and the reliability of the new v6. If you want a large road car this is fun to drive, I would give this car a try."

Flawless. Not one problem in 2 years

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

Pros: "Style, price, reliability"

"Style beyond its way too common German competitors. Not one single maintenance issue after 28 months. Wish my commute was longer. Sound system is incredible."

Electric System

By on Friday, February 20, 2015

Pros: "great ride, good power,stylish look"

Cons: "not dependable to start up"

"Wonderful car, but has power drain. the battery will go dead any time auto not used for over 24 hours. Jaguar customer service has made effort after effort to no advail. Problem has existed for life of lease. Jaguar finally threw in towel and offered a trickle charger as answer. Wonder how that works when left in airport parking lot. I have owned or leased Jags since 1978"

great all around car, with great value

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive and great value"

"This is a fantastic car, great to look at and fun to drive, with appointments that compare or are better than the more common luxury cars. You get great value for your buck on purchase."

design errors compromise the car

By on Thursday, January 10, 2013

"the double moon roof is a constant rattle which apparently cannot be fixed although in the shop 4-5 times the car is too long and is difficult to park and maneuver.. although the interior is as nice as they come the electronic navigation and entertainment system is bulky and unresponsive at times..the design was new at the time but of course other car makers have copied and or done better..the mercedes CLS in designo mode after two more years should be a much better choice for handling and for reliability....the larger flagships of all makers are now really designed not for driving pleasure but to be driven around in....smaller is better"

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next