2014 Jaguar XJ Series Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $66,003 - $70,203.

Based on 16 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

9.8/10

Best ultra luxury car in the world.

By on Sunday, January 13, 2013

Pros: "heads turn,priced effectively,throttle response"

Cons: "No cons the car is perfect"

"A head turner better than the previous luxury cars I have owned such as Bentleys,AMG benzes etc the interior is gorgeous as is the exterior and its a pleasure to drive that 5.0 V8 in sport mode it makes the best exhaust noise better than that of the maserati quattroporte and it has best in class resale value so I am also being a smart consumer."

price and quality cannot be beat

By on Monday, November 04, 2013

"Best looking large sedan,more fun to drive,leather and wood everywhere,unique styling...."

What a VERY pleasant surprise

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "No power window shades in rear passenger"

"Have purchased 10 BMW over past 5 years. 3 series, 4 series,6series x3,x5,x6 and 7 series. My 2014 xjl portfolio beats them all in luxury,comfort,performance,style and RELIABILITY"

Beautiful Black Classic Jaguar = new start in 2011

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, hugs the road, LUXURY!"

Cons: "YOU DO NOT HAVE IT YET!!"

"This is a wonderful example of a beautiful black Jaguar XJ Supercharged vehicle. It;s interior is the beautiful London Tan all stitched. The headliner is cashmere in a lighter tan. This a beautiful powerful Automobile. 2011 is the first year Jaguar went back to the high quality car it once was. The 2014 XJ looks exactly like the 2011 only a few tech. upgrades. I bought this car in Dec 2013 from the dealer but recently had to place my wife in a nursing home. Motivated & must sell!!"

Best vehicle owned

By on Friday, February 08, 2013

Pros: "(fast)Joy to drive,Head turner,Best Resale value"

"A pleasure to drive throttle response in excellent better interior than that of a Bentley or Maserati and it has best in class resale value so I am making a smarter investment than if I had bought a bentley or Mercedes S-Class which lose 30% of theyre value in 2 years while the Jag loses 15% over 2 years."

THE BEST

By on Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pros: "FUN TO DRIVE"

Cons: "NO HEADS UP DISPLAY"

"I'VE HAVE OWNED MY JAG FOR ALMOST A YEAR AND ALTHOUGH I DO NOT DRIVE IT EVERYDAY, WHEN I DO ITS LIKE FALLING IN LOVE WITH IT ALL OVER AGAIN. I'VE OWNED LEXUS AND BMW AND THE JAG IS ON A WHOLE OTHER LEVEL AS FAR AS DRIVING DYNAMICS. AS ANOTHER REVIEWER STATED, THE EXHAUST SOUND IS MUSIC TO MY EARS, AS NICE AS THE SOUND SYSTEM IS, I TURN IT DOWN JUST TO HEAR IT COME ALIVE."

Watch out Snow!

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "Elegant and distinctive design"

Cons: "$95k but worth it"

"Took delivery of the car during the worst snow storm of 2014 and she plowed through the elements like the Land Rover I traded in. The V-6 is amazing with immediate power and even at 70 mph, quick acceleration to 100 in a nano second. The back seat is luxurious and comfortable for 6'3" persons. No service issues what so ever - I think the historic quality issues are behind them."

Agile, fast and handles like a sports car

By on Friday, May 09, 2014

Pros: "Handles like a BMW, and rides like a Mercedes Benz"

Cons: "Trunk is fine but small for 4 sets of golf clubs."

"Best parking assist and backup camera out there. Standard equipment is all inclusive including blind spot tech,Meridian surround sound electronics, GPS navigation., digital displays etc. Beautiful design and execution. Remember, this is the Jaguar flagship and reflects the accomodations that an English gentleman would expect."

Amazing Drivers Car

By on Saturday, August 23, 2014

Pros: "Driving Dynamics, Head turner, the GROWL!"

Cons: "slight occassional rattles from the headliner."

"I bought this car couple of years back. It has been my everyday driver ever since. It's probably one of the best looking cars out on the road - definitely draws a lot of attention. The driving dynamics of this car is amazing. The Jaguar V8 sounds awesome. I have the base model - which comes standard with Blind Spot mointor, parking sensors/camera, all the goodies & an amazing sound system as a base. I am very picky about interior rattles or any other sound out of the ordinary. My only gripe would be sometimes there are very slight rattles from the headliner & sometimes on the driver's door. It doesn't happen always but still bothers me couple of times a month. The navigation is very good but input is extremely slow - I wish the Nav unit had a speedier processor. Excellent car nonetheless."

20104 JAGUAR XJL AWD A DRIVERS CAR

By on Thursday, January 29, 2015

Pros: "HYW fuel economy, interior design, powertrain"

Cons: "touch screen a little slow on some functions"

"I recently purchased the awd XJL after driving the audi A8, bmw 750li, and Mercedes S550. I have owned all 4 luxury brands over the years. The jaguar awd version was the quietest and best driving of the 2014 XJ sedans I tested. I also had multiple drives in the competitors vehicles. The jaguar is more of a drivers car and felt like a smaller coupe. It was much more nimble and fun to drive than the competitors, which felt numb and big. The BMW and Audi were nice just uninspiring, and not fun to drive. The Mercedes was an excellent car as well but made me feel older than I am. The jaguar reliability is much improved over past generations, and the v6 is an excellent choice for a daily driver. I spoke with a trusted service advisor at the jaguar\land rover dealer and the engine and car are rock solid now. My friend told me he sees the cars when they purchased and only for the 15k routine service. I have the same v6 in my 2015 Range rover and it is just as smooth. I purchased this for a daily driver and long road trips. I recently drove 1000miles roundtrip and the car was very comfortable and returned 30.2mpg at 75. Amazing for such a big car. I love the dual pane sunroof. The 2014 car was retuned for better drive and ride, so I'd buy a 2014 forward. I looked at sales numbers and 4000 cars are sold in the US annually compared to 6000 A8, and 21000 S550. I heard the same comments about reliability from friends, but comments were based on older versions. JD Power shows they have made good improvements. I am content with my purchase and the reliability of the new v6. If you want a large road car this is fun to drive, I would give this car a try."