• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2011 Jaguar XJ Series

Based on 15 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

9.9/10
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Electric System

By on Friday, February 20, 2015

Pros: "great ride, good power,stylish look"

Cons: "not dependable to start up"

"Wonderful car, but has power drain. the battery will go dead any time auto not used for over 24 hours. Jaguar customer service has made effort after effort to no advail. Problem has existed for life of lease. Jaguar finally threw in towel and offered a trickle charger as answer. Wonder how that works when left in airport parking lot. I have owned or leased Jags since 1978"

20104 JAGUAR XJL AWD A DRIVERS CAR

By on Thursday, January 29, 2015

Pros: "HYW fuel economy, interior design, powertrain"

Cons: "touch screen a little slow on some functions"

"I recently purchased the awd XJL after driving the audi A8, bmw 750li, and Mercedes S550. I have owned all 4 luxury brands over the years. The jaguar awd version was the quietest and best driving of the 2014 XJ sedans I tested. I also had multiple drives in the competitors vehicles. The jaguar is more of a drivers car and felt like a smaller coupe. It was much more nimble and fun to drive than the competitors, which felt numb and big. The BMW and Audi were nice just uninspiring, and not fun to drive. The Mercedes was an excellent car as well but made me feel older than I am. The jaguar reliability is much improved over past generations, and the v6 is an excellent choice for a daily driver. I spoke with a trusted service advisor at the jaguar\land rover dealer and the engine and car are rock solid now. My friend told me he sees the cars when they purchased and only for the 15k routine service. I have the same v6 in my 2015 Range rover and it is just as smooth. I purchased this for a daily driver and long road trips. I recently drove 1000miles roundtrip and the car was very comfortable and returned 30.2mpg at 75. Amazing for such a big car. I love the dual pane sunroof. The 2014 car was retuned for better drive and ride, so I'd buy a 2014 forward. I looked at sales numbers and 4000 cars are sold in the US annually compared to 6000 A8, and 21000 S550. I heard the same comments about reliability from friends, but comments were based on older versions. JD Power shows they have made good improvements. I am content with my purchase and the reliability of the new v6. If you want a large road car this is fun to drive, I would give this car a try."

Watch out Snow!

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "Elegant and distinctive design"

Cons: "$95k but worth it"

"Took delivery of the car during the worst snow storm of 2014 and she plowed through the elements like the Land Rover I traded in. The V-6 is amazing with immediate power and even at 70 mph, quick acceleration to 100 in a nano second. The back seat is luxurious and comfortable for 6'3" persons. No service issues what so ever - I think the historic quality issues are behind them."

Amazing Drivers Car

By on Saturday, August 23, 2014

Pros: "Driving Dynamics, Head turner, the GROWL!"

Cons: "slight occassional rattles from the headliner."

"I bought this car couple of years back. It has been my everyday driver ever since. It's probably one of the best looking cars out on the road - definitely draws a lot of attention. The driving dynamics of this car is amazing. The Jaguar V8 sounds awesome. I have the base model - which comes standard with Blind Spot mointor, parking sensors/camera, all the goodies & an amazing sound system as a base. I am very picky about interior rattles or any other sound out of the ordinary. My only gripe would be sometimes there are very slight rattles from the headliner & sometimes on the driver's door. It doesn't happen always but still bothers me couple of times a month. The navigation is very good but input is extremely slow - I wish the Nav unit had a speedier processor. Excellent car nonetheless."

great all around car, with great value

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive and great value"

"This is a fantastic car, great to look at and fun to drive, with appointments that compare or are better than the more common luxury cars. You get great value for your buck on purchase."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Jaguar XJ Series near Honolulu. See local deals