2007 Jaguar XJ Series

Based on 41 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

So much for your money

By on Sunday, June 23, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, power and Elegance."

Cons: "brakes are a little soft"

"I purchased my 04 XJ used with 22k miles. Loved it from day one. One of the best riding cars I have ever had. I have owned mutliple MBZ's and BMW's and this put them to shame. More power than expected, especaily on the freeway. Good comfort and a feel of security. I was surprised at the mileage it got on the freeway. A trip to Napa logged just over 29 MPG, amazing for such a big car. I was told maintenace is expensive but found that these cars can get the oil changed at the local jiffylube or equivalent for around $50.00 Word to the wise, make sure the mechanics are reliable as not all things can be done by your local mechanic. any big items probably should go to a certified jaguar shop. I now have 137,000 miles and have only $1,200 in bills total on this car outside of regular oil changes. Strong smooth and a refreshing car to drive. Heated seats in front and back and even the steering wheel heats up! adjustable pedals for comfort. All around you can't go wrong. One serious note- when buying used make sure the car is fully checked out for any lack of services or mistreated. These are a true find if you can get a one owner well cared for car."

Wonderful car, a dream to drive, & luxurious ride

By on Friday, January 18, 2013

"I have owned this car since it was just a couple of months old, so avoided the extra cost for being the first one to drive it off the car lot. It now has 47,000 miles on it and has had no problems other than simple maintenance. It's beautiful and eye catching; garnering more than it's fair share of admiring comments. The mileage is outstanding for a car of it's size... 32mpg on the freeway 20+ in town. Performance is exceptional. Easy to park and very comfortable for long or short trips. This car has been a joy to own."

Enjoying the entire experience

By on Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pros: "Value and complete experience"

Cons: "potential maintenance and repairs"

Black on black beaty

"I recently bought my dream car, a low-low mileage, little old man owned 2006 Jaguar XJ8. While I would have loved to have the XJR this fell into my lap in pristine condition (not a single dent or scratch on it, very much as new) and I had to bite. Taking advantage of the soft-market nature of used Jaguars you can get a lot of car for comparably low dollars. Most people are not aware of the intense Jaguar technology (all aluminum construction, Variable Valve Timing, computer controlled suspension, great fuel economy) and they are not aware that the Lucas Electrical system days (lots of failures) are long gone. This car drives like no other. Smooth, refined, powerful and handles well. The interior appointments leave little to be desired. One is hard pressed to find plastic because the car is all leather and wood inside lending to a feeling that can only be described as, "rich" and "comfortable". How many cars have you owned where you pop out to the garage and click on the blue-tooth just to make your phone call from the car. Well, it is worth it... I don't even have to drive this thing to love it. Driving across California and Nevada I've sported 28.4mpg average both on the computer and at the pump. Find a Mercedes S series that can do that.. you can't. And while the Mercedes peace sign is cool, it doesn't compare the Leaper. The front cockpit is both roomy and comfortable while snugging and supporting the driver at the same time. New cars, even the new Jag, has a very high center console that leaves me feeling like I'm down in a hole (jump in a Ford Taurus if you really want this feeling). The XJ8 arm rest is just right giving a feeling or openness while not feeling like a rolling couch (aka big Cadillac). I've not owned the car long enough to encounter any large maintenance bills save new shoes, which aren't cheap. I am aware of the 60-80,000 mile air suspension repairs common for this car and will just have to take my chances. I love the suspension and will enjoy it till the day it needs an expensive repair... still much cheaper than the Mercedes S series suspension repairs which are MORE common and much more expensive... Oh, I did have a new key made. That wasn't a fun $516 bill. Not much you can do, dealer is the only choice. Besides the great feeling, ride, comfort, fuel economy and power, the appeal of the car is fantastic. Pull up anywhere next to anything and unless it is a Bentley, RR or some other exotic, the Jag will take the ohhs and ahhhs. I gave one of our best friends and his wife a ride the other day. They are Hispanic immigrants. I began to tell the wife about the car and she stopped me mid sentence, saying, "No.. it is a Jaguar (which she pronounced ya-huar), that is all you need to say!" And she stepped in for her ride."

Black on black beaty

The most comfortable car I have ever owned.

By on Friday, August 9, 2013

Pros: "Worth every penny it cost."

Cons: "None."

"I bought the car a year ago from a Jaguar entusiast who had tended to every little mechanical and cosmetic issue, and rigorously maintained it. I have carried on with the policy of frequent oil changes, regular service, and keeping it meticulously clean outside and inside. I continue to marvel at the silent, silky ride, plenty of power, and plethora of features which make the occupants as comfortable as is possible in any autombile. This car represents the best example of how to keep a Jaguar happy and hearty. (Treat it like you would a beautiful woman and it will reward you with all your heart's desires.)"

Spectacular !

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "classic looks... incredible power"

Cons: "Maintenance expenses are not for cheapskates"

"While stationed at the USN submarine base aboard an operating submarine in New London Conn back in the late 60s , I bought a 1954 Jaguar XK120 from a shipmate who had just gotten married and needed money. I immediately fell in love with this now legendary car......the unmistakeable sound of its engine and exhaust....the uniqueness which is what Jaguars are all about. A few months back I had the good fortune to acquire a 2003 XJR super sedan. Wow ! in Anthracite with black leather interior in near mint condition with only 38000 miles on it ! I was astonished as to what a technological marvel had evolved from the "primitive" XK120. What I love most is that this car looks like a an older "rich guy's" elegant classic body style sedan. Don't be fooled . This car is an absolute monster when the supercharger cuts in and flogs 375 horsepower with incredible torque out of a relatively small 4 Liter block. Now I know what it must feel like to be a rhesus monkey on a rocket sled. My god this car is fast !Shockingly fast ! One must remember though, that much like a luxury boat , maintenance is expensive.I'm a "motor head" and a reasonably good mechanic. I bought the full service manual on line and quickly realized how much there is out of the scope of amateur mechanics abilities with unique and special test equipment required along with complex maintenance procedures . Don't even think, for example, of having its Mercede Benz transmission worked on at AMMCO . This is a "trophy car"for me that will never see bad weather that I plan to have for a long time. I give it all 10s because that's what it is in my opinion. Give yourself a treat and buy one"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Jaguar XJ Series near Honolulu. See local deals