• 2014 Small Luxury Sport Sedans

2005 Jaguar XJ Series

Based on 18 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

I am a "car nut" and have owned many brands

By on Monday, February 03, 2014

"I have owned most major brands, Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Porsche, Volvo, Corvette, Cadillac, Lincoln and others. This jaguar has so impressed me that I now own three of them. I own an XK8 convertible and an S Type sedan. This XJ8L is still my favorite. It handles well, looks good, is very comfortable and has been reliable and easy to maintain. I highly recommend them."

Great Car - Incredible Ride

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Incredible ride."

Cons: "Does not hold value...."

"I love my Jag. The ride is out of this world incredible. Lots of power...Very quick but smooth. Very Reliable. 2004 xj8 and have had no problems. It is a head turner and fun to drive."

Great Car .... However

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, power, elegance"

Cons: "Design defect of air suspension are costly"

"The air suspension failures are costly and a real design defect"

By on Sunday, November 03, 2013

Pros: "Great Price Great driving it"

Cons: "No Compatibility with the iPhone"

"No major problem with it. Just the normal Schedule Maintenance. Great ride. Good Looking car. Every body has nothing but complements for the car."

Spectacular !

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "classic looks... incredible power"

Cons: "Maintenance expenses are not for cheapskates"

"While stationed at the USN submarine base aboard an operating submarine in New London Conn back in the late 60s , I bought a 1954 Jaguar XK120 from a shipmate who had just gotten married and needed money. I immediately fell in love with this now legendary car......the unmistakeable sound of its engine and exhaust....the uniqueness which is what Jaguars are all about. A few months back I had the good fortune to acquire a 2003 XJR super sedan. Wow ! in Anthracite with black leather interior in near mint condition with only 38000 miles on it ! I was astonished as to what a technological marvel had evolved from the "primitive" XK120. What I love most is that this car looks like a an older "rich guy's" elegant classic body style sedan. Don't be fooled . This car is an absolute monster when the supercharger cuts in and flogs 375 horsepower with incredible torque out of a relatively small 4 Liter block. Now I know what it must feel like to be a rhesus monkey on a rocket sled. My god this car is fast !Shockingly fast ! One must remember though, that much like a luxury boat , maintenance is expensive.I'm a "motor head" and a reasonably good mechanic. I bought the full service manual on line and quickly realized how much there is out of the scope of amateur mechanics abilities with unique and special test equipment required along with complex maintenance procedures . Don't even think, for example, of having its Mercede Benz transmission worked on at AMMCO . This is a "trophy car"for me that will never see bad weather that I plan to have for a long time. I give it all 10s because that's what it is in my opinion. Give yourself a treat and buy one"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Jaguar XJ Series near Honolulu. See local deals