• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2015 Jaguar XF Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $68,381 - $70,464.

10/7.0

Based on 105 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Wait until you test drive this car...super power

By on Saturday, February 21, 2015

Pros: "fun drive, great price, super power,"

Cons: "burns more gas than I realized."

"I own a 2011 XF. I must say that this is the best car I have driven in a long time. I drove my 2004 BMW LI for 8 years before purchasing the Jag. When you compare the two, Jag wins hands down. I still drive my Beemer with over 250,000 miles to help reduce miles on my Jag. I definitely miss driving my Jag when I take the Beemer out. My boyfriend drives a 2006 E320 and that car drives the worst. No get up and go. Lastly, when it's time to trade or sell my Jag, I will stick with the XF. The XJF is too big but a beautiful car. The interior is luxury at its finest. My boyfriend is really looking at the XJF in brilliant black."

I am so happy - No regrets. Son loves.

By on Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pros: "Value compared to competitors, gorgeous, explosive"

Cons: "Tight for tall rear passengers"

"I own a 2014 XFR purchased new a couple of months ago. Jag exec drove around a bit - got a great deal. My original plan was to buy the 2015 470 HP XF at the end of the year because I had just recently ordered my wife the Mercedes ML400. This vehicle came available and could not pass up. All I can say is wow. I had to fly to Chicago to procure it, and drive home 400 miles, but that was a joy. This car is just simply beautiful, inside and out. The feel when you hit the gas gives you a knot in your stomach. Went from 60 to 100 mph in a blink of the eye. Also, coasting at 90 feels like 70, which is why I have a new Escort Passport Max 2 and use Escort live on phone! I have test drove the 3.0 AWD as well and it feels powerful as well. The 470HP would have been more than sufficient, but what can I say... The looks of the XFR are muscular and very cool looking. So now the details: The seats are really comfortable with plush leather and more seat adjustments than you need. Everything is convenient to reach and control, even when driving. There have been complaints by some professional critics with behind the times Nav and technology. I find no issue with this and it is very intuitive to use. Easy to sync phones and change from one to another. It has everything you need. Very slight pause when hitting a button but who cares. I think some cars are over the top with this, and I love technology, considering myself a first adopter. The sound system is supreme with great features. Read your manual! Back seats are comfortable; however, tall passengers will feel a bit tight with sloped rear. On my way back from purchasing I stopped by to take my son and roommates to dinner. They both felt comfortable in the back, but are under 6'. Plus, I did not buy this car to take out all my tall friends. I would not want changed design to accommodate taller passengers. Plus, we will have the ML400 if we need slightly more room. This car is simply stunning when you see it in person. Jag by far has the best look of any sports sedan. I do not like sedans, but need for work & family logistics and do not want another SUV. I drove Mercedes, Audi, and BMW and non compare to the Jags looks. I also feel it was the best overall vehicle. Audi may have drove slightly smoother, BMW tighter on curves, and Mercedes Benz's interior was close to Jag. However, all-in Jag was great in all categories and could have arguably finished slighter higher in all three of these categories based on driver opinions. The others were way short of Jag on at least one of the three areas. And the Jag is cheaper comparing similar features. I did not rate quality and reliability because it is a new car. I have a 100,000 mile warranty so they stand behind their product. If there is an issue I will simply take it in and get a loaner. Big deal. Plus, I have heard great things about Jag quality lately. All manufacturers will have cars out there with issues so take reviews with a grain of salt. I cannot comment on winter driving because I plan on getting snow tires for next winter. Currently driving Subaru Forester when bad since son is at school and daughter only has her permit. From all the forums I have read, snow tires & winter mode will provide all I need to enjoy during winter months. In conclusion this was a great purchase. I travel and when I text my wife "cannot wait to get home to see my baby" she knows I am talking about the car!"

After 2.5 years was the most reliable car I've had

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2015

"Owned BMWs Audis the lousy Jaguar S Sedan from the ford era had the most fun with this one."

Great car. Excelent driving characteristics

By on Monday, January 12, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive"

"Great car for the price. Does not have all wheel drive and frankly with snow tires and winter driving mode engaged had no problem driving in Chicago winter."

I love my Mercedes, until last week.

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Pros: "Take me to church! Sound, drive, looks, features."

Cons: "Will probably go deaf."

"I love driving and want a new car every 2 or 3 years so I lease. The last vehicle I had was the Mercedes ML350 2012. I really love Mercedes and when it was time for a new car I tried the E350 and really wanted to love the CLS400 for 2015, it haad great features and pretty good Harmon Kardon sound system and I really liked the active seat that has bolsters that expand when you take corners and massage while driving. I wanted a beige interior and exterior color of blue or black or white. It was very hard to find the car with the options I wanted and black seems to be the most popular interior color as it is the color in 95 percent of the cars. Just don't care for black interiors. So I had the dealer locate a an E350 in blue with tan and it had all the options I wanted in the Mercedes, active seat, premium sound, blind spot and other safety features. It looked nice but so vanilla and sedan like and the interior was a little boring. So I went to look at the Audi A7 and it looked sleek and had a cool pop up screen, I really liked the looks, but the sound was just ok and it did ride really nice so it was probably my new 1st choice, which says a lot because a Mercedes has an incredible ride and has a great reputation. I thought I was done researching after 3 months of driving and researching like you are doing now. I waited until all the 2015's arrived and was prepared to make a decision.I had an appointment the next day to see the Blue E400 loaded and then the night before I saw a commercial for the Jaguar XF and thought it looked sharp so the next day I called my local Jaguar dealer and made an appointment to go in and drive a black one with a tan interior (in stock) I get there and the car is sitting in the lot and it looked so sleek with the 19 inch wheels and the chrome accents. So I meet with the salesman and he gives me the key and as soon as I sat in this car I knew I was done shopping, press the keyless button adn the shifter comes up out of the console it is a round knurled knob that you rotate to shift and then the vents turn up and open it is so nice and futuristic. Then we turn on the 825 watt Meridian surround system with 17 speakers and sync my phone up and listen to Areosmith Dream On blasting and I am smiling just thinking about it. The bang and olufson didn't sound this good and that is a $6000 upgrade and this system came standard, everything I asked the salesman about he kept saying that's standard, like blind spot detection, AWD, heated windshield and heated and cooling seats, heated steering wheel is a cold weather package option for a couple hundred dollars. So I take the 3.0 turbo charged V6 AWD out for a ride and it is sleek and smooth and the steering is tight and sporty, I am thinking the whole time that this must be a $70,000 car like the CLS400 from Mercedes that priced out to $78,000. When we get back the salesman tells me they are having a Special and that i can take $5000 off plus $2000 rebate and I can have this car for $55,000. $20,000 less than the A7 and Mercedes CLS400. Well I said lets see what they offer me for my ML350 I'm sure that will be low balled. He came back with an offer $500 below Mercedes and $2000 better than Audi. So I said where do I sign, no not really I lease and asked him to roll all up front into the lease payment and pay off the small difference in my trade and he came back with a payment $250 less per month than Mercedes. I had him knock another $20 off payment , done. Well, I have been driving my /jaguar for a week now and everyone who sees it compliments me on the looks and I will probably go a little deaf after my 39 months is up but until then rock on. Did I mention when I hit a passing gear on a slow rider in the high speed lane I zipped to 110 within a blink of an eye and I think I should use the speed regulator that it is equipped with to prevent this speed outburst in the future. In 3 years I will look at other cars again but with Jaguar I am excited to see what that looks like in 2018. If your looking at these cars do not skip a test ride in the Jaguar Xf"