2014 Jaguar XF Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $41,264 - $43,607.

10/7.1

Based on 114 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

I am so happy - No regrets. Son loves.

By on Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pros: "Value compared to competitors, gorgeous, explosive"

Cons: "Tight for tall rear passengers"

"I own a 2014 XFR purchased new a couple of months ago. Jag exec drove around a bit - got a great deal. My original plan was to buy the 2015 470 HP XF at the end of the year because I had just recently ordered my wife the Mercedes ML400. This vehicle came available and could not pass up. All I can say is wow. I had to fly to Chicago to procure it, and drive home 400 miles, but that was a joy. This car is just simply beautiful, inside and out. The feel when you hit the gas gives you a knot in your stomach. Went from 60 to 100 mph in a blink of the eye. Also, coasting at 90 feels like 70, which is why I have a new Escort Passport Max 2 and use Escort live on phone! I have test drove the 3.0 AWD as well and it feels powerful as well. The 470HP would have been more than sufficient, but what can I say... The looks of the XFR are muscular and very cool looking. So now the details: The seats are really comfortable with plush leather and more seat adjustments than you need. Everything is convenient to reach and control, even when driving. There have been complaints by some professional critics with behind the times Nav and technology. I find no issue with this and it is very intuitive to use. Easy to sync phones and change from one to another. It has everything you need. Very slight pause when hitting a button but who cares. I think some cars are over the top with this, and I love technology, considering myself a first adopter. The sound system is supreme with great features. Read your manual! Back seats are comfortable; however, tall passengers will feel a bit tight with sloped rear. On my way back from purchasing I stopped by to take my son and roommates to dinner. They both felt comfortable in the back, but are under 6'. Plus, I did not buy this car to take out all my tall friends. I would not want changed design to accommodate taller passengers. Plus, we will have the ML400 if we need slightly more room. This car is simply stunning when you see it in person. Jag by far has the best look of any sports sedan. I do not like sedans, but need for work & family logistics and do not want another SUV. I drove Mercedes, Audi, and BMW and non compare to the Jags looks. I also feel it was the best overall vehicle. Audi may have drove slightly smoother, BMW tighter on curves, and Mercedes Benz's interior was close to Jag. However, all-in Jag was great in all categories and could have arguably finished slighter higher in all three of these categories based on driver opinions. The others were way short of Jag on at least one of the three areas. And the Jag is cheaper comparing similar features. I did not rate quality and reliability because it is a new car. I have a 100,000 mile warranty so they stand behind their product. If there is an issue I will simply take it in and get a loaner. Big deal. Plus, I have heard great things about Jag quality lately. All manufacturers will have cars out there with issues so take reviews with a grain of salt. I cannot comment on winter driving because I plan on getting snow tires for next winter. Currently driving Subaru Forester when bad since son is at school and daughter only has her permit. From all the forums I have read, snow tires & winter mode will provide all I need to enjoy during winter months. In conclusion this was a great purchase. I travel and when I text my wife "cannot wait to get home to see my baby" she knows I am talking about the car!"

Inconvenient

By on Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Pros: "Ride, Power"

Cons: "Navigation, computer, visibility, inconvenient"

"The strong point of this car is the ride and acceleration. Comfort in the back seat is very good. The downside is that electronics and human interfaces are horrible at almost every point. The Nav is stupid-unusable. The audio system is impossible unless you stay on one station all the time. Visibility is bad and the back up camera is so low resolution it is frustrating and embarrassing. The interface with the iPhone is very bad - sometimes I cannot use the radio because the car thinks I am on the phone. The gas gauge is not not accurate, trip computer is rudimentary. The video screen is small and the computer crashes periodically. The trunk is very big, but the opening is very small. Garage door remote is so weak I need to be 20' away."

Car is excellent shape, very comfortable and relia

By on Friday, June 05, 2015

"No problems with the car has been very reliable"

Jaguar is the best kept secret in America.

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Cons: "Somewhat "busy" instrument panel."

"If I compare this Jaguar to a BMW 550, the Jaguar is easily the better vehicle. This was the last year with the V8 and is much preferred to the current turboed 4 cyl. A supercharged V8 is available in the current model."

What else need be said- It's a Jaguar!!

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "Handles well, quiet ride, fun to ride in and drive"

Cons: "NONE"

"I received this car from my husband as a gift in 2008. After receiving this vehicle, my husband and I took a trip to Philadelphia to visit family. On the way, and while stopping to refuel, we encountered countless questions and glances of amazement concerning this vehicle. People who were driving BMW's, Mercedes, Porsche's, as well as other high end vehicles, wanted to know what make and model of vehicle it was. We informed them it was Jaguar's new body style. There is no valid proof to my next comment, but I am almost positive that my car was the very first Jaguar, with this body style, to grace the highways on the East coast. AWESOME CAR!!!!"