• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Jaguar XF Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $41,366 - $43,505.

10/7.1

Based on 110 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

EYE CANDY

By on Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"THIS JAG CERTAINLY TURNS HEADS, GREAT EYE CANDY, PERFORMANCE IS 2ND TO NONE, A FEW PROUBLEMS WITH SOFTWARE AND NAVIGATION BUT OTHER THAN THAT THIS CAR IS SMOOTH"

2-Year Owner

By on Friday, February 19, 2010

"We have had our red XFSC for two years now - one of the first delivered in Connecticut. A few minor problems, but that's probably to be expected with a new model. The power, handling, styling and comfort of this car more than make up for the minor issues. Our lease is up next month, and we are so happy with the car, we have already decided to buy it!"

The sweetest car ever!

By on Saturday, May 23, 2015

Pros: "Great detail, divine luxury, great mpg for 340 hp"

Cons: "slow touch screen"

"I have owned my 2014 XF 3.0 Portfolio for one year now. I have almost 12,000 miles and this car could not be any more perfect. This car can easily do 100 mph with not a single vibration in any part of the car. Jaguar goes above and beyond to put features on their cars that no other make even thinks about. Example, the drive selector rises out of the console when you start the car, auto opening and closing vents, even down to the flashing heart beat on the start button when it senses the key is there. The LED lined headlights make this car look amazing. No matter where I go I get asked what kind of car it is or people are constantly pointing and gawking at the look of the car. The great thing is also that you don't see a thousand of them running around like the boring BMWs. The Meridian sound system is amazing. This car is true divine luxury mixed with the perfect balance of fast performance. I plan on having this car for many years to come and loving every minute of it!"

Complete sport sedan better than E55, M5 or S8

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pros: "Best sport sedan that I have owned among 12"

Cons: "Gas mileage but decent for power"

"Best high level sport sedan amoung the 12 that I have owned over the past 20 years."

Nice Kitty!

By on Thursday, January 13, 2011

"I am almost at the end of my lease for the XF SV8 and I am torn on whether to let it go or keep it. I love this car. It rides incredible (except in winter without snow tires...get them) and turns heads and gets great comments from everyone. It is a 4-door that looks like a 2-door and is a commuter car that wants to be a race car. The few complaints have been minimal due to 1st year model, but mostly I would suggest a few things: fog lights, sunglass holder, better GPS, AWD option and better plastic and carpet throughout. If you have not tried Jag lately, go check them out. The XF and XJ are as sleek and sexy as the XK. It looks like Tata is not messing with the folks in the UK and I am happy about that. Service is second to none."

Awesome car

By on Monday, January 04, 2010

"Outside of a finicky (rare occasion) of the driver info computer screen, this has been an AWESOME car. Fast enough to cause a nose bleed and very reliable. Driven for one year without any problems. All this with British panache. Makes the German cars look dowdy."

Wife loves it

By on Saturday, January 24, 2009

"Leased a 2009 XF for my wife. She loves the cars styling, fit, finish & feel. I love the handling & power. Upgraded sound system is superb & the touch NAV system is exceptional. A few electrical quirks to work out such as map light comes on without prompting occaisionally. Driver's seat comfort not as good as my wifes prior vehicle (Acura RL). Other than that looks like Jag has a winner in the XF."

Handles like a BMW and rides like a mercedes benz.

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Agility"

Cons: "slow nav system"

"Modern interior, very responsive 385 hp and 27 mpg on a trip. MPG falls to 19-20 around town, but that is to be expected. My other vehicle is a Mercedes E550 convertible so my review is objective. Yes, the nav screen is slow but I really don't care since handling and agility are far more important to me. Parking sensors front and rear as well the backup camera prove to be a safety consideration. Have had no problems or issues. Yes, Lucas Electrics are long gone."

I love this car

By on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Pros: "Awesome auto, prestiage & power"

Cons: "That I don't have a difference color for every day"

"I am not a car person but I love this Jaguar. It is fast, fun and sumptuous. Purchased new."

Most fun car I have ever owned, but also practical

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pros: "Very fast, comfortable, holds 3-4 sets of clubs"

Cons: "no sunglass holder"

"This is an unbelievably fast car for the money, but it also holds 4 people and 3-4 sets of golf clubs comfortably - not many cars out there today that can claim all those things."

First Jag for 40 years

By on Monday, February 28, 2011

"i was persuaded to try a jag again after a series of horribly unreliable ones in the 1960's. the XF is great. Plenty of power, superb handling, comfortable ride. However we have had a lot of snow this year and i really miss the AWD of my last 2 cadi's, as well as the remote start that allowed me to warm it up in cold weather. These two ommissions may make it my last Jag unless we move to a warmer state!"

Simply Amazing Vehicle

By on Tuesday, October 27, 2009

"The 09 Jag XF Supercharged is the most fun to drive vehicle that I have ever owned. It looks great, drives great and has break-neck acceleration. I have owned it since April and not had one problem. The best vehicle I have ever owned."

By on Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fantastic driver's car

By on Sunday, February 22, 2009

"This vehicle is a joy to drive and is still a looker after owning it for 9 months. Quality control has to be improved and the front seat bottoms are a tad short for comfort. Great value for money."

Believe it!

By on Friday, November 28, 2008

"Have owned Mercedes, Lexus, Porsche, Infiniti, etc. Never a Jag. Not only have they hit their target market, they have hit their target, period. This is one fantastic car to drive. I like sports cars and manual transmissions. I give no driving pleasure up to drive this rather than my Boxster S or my 911 Carrera. The power is always there, smooth and linear, the paddle shift is fast and the rev-matching downshifts are a bonus. This is our first Jaguar and I don't think it will be the last...kind of peeking at the XKR convertibles, now!! Drive this car and you WILL buy it."

Supercharged NUKE!

By on Sunday, September 07, 2008

"when you take the car out for a test drive, you say i like it. but when you take the car home, and wake up 6am to drive 150 mph down a windy road. You will walk get out that car and talk to your self about how GREAT it is!"

New XF owner

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2008

"This vehicle is completely re-engineered. First time I had to read the manual in about 20 years. Exceptional Vehicle. Blows all others away in its class"

great car but

By on Sunday, October 23, 2011

"this car is both gorgeous and very fast..handles great.....no mechanical problems with 22 thousand miles....would like to see better gas mileage....only getting around 16 mpg city..and maybe 21 highway......needed brakes after 15000, to the tune of 800.00....questioned dealer as to why brakes after only 15k....explained i purchase a new car every 3 years and have never needed breaks for at least 35-40,000 miles....those cars included a bmw and two infinitys....dealer stated they have been seeing that a lot with the jaguar.....so i put in a complaint to jaguar usa....of course they said they looked into and nothing they could do...its normal ....which is nonsense since i do not drive fast, ride the break or break sharply........to me the brakes are a defect in this vehicle .....otherewise i love everything else about the car...."

Shockingly perfect

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, beautiful, priceless to be seen in"

Cons: "60k sticker price is expensive, but worth it."

"I bought my 2011 XF (385 hp) in May of 2010 and now have 52,000 miles on the car. Not one single hitch has gone wrong, not one technical detail and not one mechanical aspect. I was expecting a few hiccups being it is a new car and well lets be honest, its a Jaguar. Went from a 5 series to this and the attention I get now is far far beyond my BMW. I am a single 29 year old and lets just say its not hurting my chances! I bought the car because of its styling and performance and score it perfectly because of that. Again I am shocked at the quality of the car and am happy to give it a perfect score there as well, agian not a single dime spent by anyone on fixing anything in over 50k miles! Buy this car if you can, you wont be sorry."

Not Your Parents Jaguar

By on Monday, March 24, 2008

"A few days ago I traded in my BMW535i for the new premium luxury XF, a step I wouldn't have taken in years, but as soon as i test drove the XF, I loved it. The exterior, as well as the interior were gorgeous. All the interior features - a more advanced Navigation and smoother transmission and just the layout of all the instruments - were hands-on the best in its class"

Like a beautiful woman

By on Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Pros: "best combination of style, luxury and performance"

Cons: "some minor design flaws"

"I bought this car after falling in love with her on my favorite car lot. She's a black beauty with amazing lines and subtle design characteristics that set her apart from fairly common sedan styling. At a glance she could be mistaken for a Nissan but give her a 2 second stare and you're hooked! High end interior materials and the coolest vent system I've ever seen let's you know this is no ordinary ride. The best part is when you start the engine and the gear shifter rises from the console and the exhaust sounds like a symphony. And that's still in park! I moved from a Mercedes to the Jag and never looked back. The power, handling, exterior design and interior luxury are worth the risk. By risk I mean this car is like a beautiful woman - temperamental and a little high on maintenance but worth ever bit of time, effort and money. The tire pressure system had to be replaced (by dealer at their cost) but otherwise simple things that did not cost me anything. Do a little research on her flaws and the fixes are easy. For example, one knock is the battery drains. It's true, but the fix is to lock the doors. If you lock the car it turns the monitoring system off and I've never had an issue since. The gear shifter sometimes does not work properly but if you turn the car off and back on she always comes back to proper operation. The Jag is not a sturdy as the Mercedes and likely will have more issues down the road, but would you rather be seen with a hausfrau or a super model?"

a pleasure to drive, co.fort, performance

By on Sunday, September 02, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, eye catching looks. Sensible pricing"

Cons: "Some body rattles, Slow responding electronics"

"The styling, and performance lured me in, but as a long term owner I continue to be impressed, especially with better than anticipated reliability. Even the fuel consumption is reasonable for a mid size v8 vehicle. It comes completely equipped without the endless extras on BMW or Mercedes, that run the final price through the roof."

22010 XF Premiem Portfolio

By on Sunday, July 04, 2010

"I have owned many luxury cars and I must say this is absoutely the most beautifull car both inside and out I have ever owned. I love the interior, the car is very quiet, fast and for the size of the engine gets decent fuel economy. No other car has more standard eqippment than my Jag. All the german cars nickle and time you for items that should be standard in the price range. The truck is huge and the rear seat folds down if you need additional storage. The HID lights are excellant too. If I have an issue it's the GPS sytem. It's OK but not the best out there. Everyday I see more on the road so I know I'm not alone in my choice. I own the car now for four months and have 0 issues."

Great vehcile

By on Sunday, January 25, 2009

"We have had ours for about a year now and find it to be an exceptional vehicle. We have owned high end Audis (S's) and BMWs. They do not compare to the power, comfort and styling package this car possess. We have had a few minor annoying electrical issues that never affected the drive. (ex. dome lights not working/turn signal noise not audible)..both were software fixes. My wife isa 'pedal to the medal' gal and I rarely get to drive it anymore! The vehicle is a real 'head turner' and for the price (while high) comes fully loaded."

Amazing Car but RELIABILITY ISSUES

By on Friday, March 20, 2015

Pros: "Luxury, Styling, Character, Soul, Handling,"

Cons: "RELIABILITY, CANT GO 200 MILES ENGINE LIGHT IS ON"

"I love my car and as an idiot would purchased it again, even if i knew the future reliability issues. The manufacturer should address the reliability issues and then sky is the limit. You would be spending 3 - 6K each year for its maintenance !!!"