• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Jaguar XF Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $41,305 - $43,276.

10/7.1

Based on 105 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Wait until you test drive this car...super power

By on Saturday, February 21, 2015

Pros: "fun drive, great price, super power,"

Cons: "burns more gas than I realized."

"I own a 2011 XF. I must say that this is the best car I have driven in a long time. I drove my 2004 BMW LI for 8 years before purchasing the Jag. When you compare the two, Jag wins hands down. I still drive my Beemer with over 250,000 miles to help reduce miles on my Jag. I definitely miss driving my Jag when I take the Beemer out. My boyfriend drives a 2006 E320 and that car drives the worst. No get up and go. Lastly, when it's time to trade or sell my Jag, I will stick with the XF. The XJF is too big but a beautiful car. The interior is luxury at its finest. My boyfriend is really looking at the XJF in brilliant black."

I am so happy - No regrets. Son loves.

By on Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pros: "Value compared to competitors, gorgeous, explosive"

Cons: "Tight for tall rear passengers"

"I own a 2014 XFR purchased new a couple of months ago. Jag exec drove around a bit - got a great deal. My original plan was to buy the 2015 470 HP XF at the end of the year because I had just recently ordered my wife the Mercedes ML400. This vehicle came available and could not pass up. All I can say is wow. I had to fly to Chicago to procure it, and drive home 400 miles, but that was a joy. This car is just simply beautiful, inside and out. The feel when you hit the gas gives you a knot in your stomach. Went from 60 to 100 mph in a blink of the eye. Also, coasting at 90 feels like 70, which is why I have a new Escort Passport Max 2 and use Escort live on phone! I have test drove the 3.0 AWD as well and it feels powerful as well. The 470HP would have been more than sufficient, but what can I say... The looks of the XFR are muscular and very cool looking. So now the details: The seats are really comfortable with plush leather and more seat adjustments than you need. Everything is convenient to reach and control, even when driving. There have been complaints by some professional critics with behind the times Nav and technology. I find no issue with this and it is very intuitive to use. Easy to sync phones and change from one to another. It has everything you need. Very slight pause when hitting a button but who cares. I think some cars are over the top with this, and I love technology, considering myself a first adopter. The sound system is supreme with great features. Read your manual! Back seats are comfortable; however, tall passengers will feel a bit tight with sloped rear. On my way back from purchasing I stopped by to take my son and roommates to dinner. They both felt comfortable in the back, but are under 6'. Plus, I did not buy this car to take out all my tall friends. I would not want changed design to accommodate taller passengers. Plus, we will have the ML400 if we need slightly more room. This car is simply stunning when you see it in person. Jag by far has the best look of any sports sedan. I do not like sedans, but need for work & family logistics and do not want another SUV. I drove Mercedes, Audi, and BMW and non compare to the Jags looks. I also feel it was the best overall vehicle. Audi may have drove slightly smoother, BMW tighter on curves, and Mercedes Benz's interior was close to Jag. However, all-in Jag was great in all categories and could have arguably finished slighter higher in all three of these categories based on driver opinions. The others were way short of Jag on at least one of the three areas. And the Jag is cheaper comparing similar features. I did not rate quality and reliability because it is a new car. I have a 100,000 mile warranty so they stand behind their product. If there is an issue I will simply take it in and get a loaner. Big deal. Plus, I have heard great things about Jag quality lately. All manufacturers will have cars out there with issues so take reviews with a grain of salt. I cannot comment on winter driving because I plan on getting snow tires for next winter. Currently driving Subaru Forester when bad since son is at school and daughter only has her permit. From all the forums I have read, snow tires & winter mode will provide all I need to enjoy during winter months. In conclusion this was a great purchase. I travel and when I text my wife "cannot wait to get home to see my baby" she knows I am talking about the car!"

After 2.5 years was the most reliable car I've had

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2015

"Owned BMWs Audis the lousy Jaguar S Sedan from the ford era had the most fun with this one."

Great car. Excelent driving characteristics

By on Monday, January 12, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive"

"Great car for the price. Does not have all wheel drive and frankly with snow tires and winter driving mode engaged had no problem driving in Chicago winter."

I love my Mercedes, until last week.

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Pros: "Take me to church! Sound, drive, looks, features."

Cons: "Will probably go deaf."

"I love driving and want a new car every 2 or 3 years so I lease. The last vehicle I had was the Mercedes ML350 2012. I really love Mercedes and when it was time for a new car I tried the E350 and really wanted to love the CLS400 for 2015, it haad great features and pretty good Harmon Kardon sound system and I really liked the active seat that has bolsters that expand when you take corners and massage while driving. I wanted a beige interior and exterior color of blue or black or white. It was very hard to find the car with the options I wanted and black seems to be the most popular interior color as it is the color in 95 percent of the cars. Just don't care for black interiors. So I had the dealer locate a an E350 in blue with tan and it had all the options I wanted in the Mercedes, active seat, premium sound, blind spot and other safety features. It looked nice but so vanilla and sedan like and the interior was a little boring. So I went to look at the Audi A7 and it looked sleek and had a cool pop up screen, I really liked the looks, but the sound was just ok and it did ride really nice so it was probably my new 1st choice, which says a lot because a Mercedes has an incredible ride and has a great reputation. I thought I was done researching after 3 months of driving and researching like you are doing now. I waited until all the 2015's arrived and was prepared to make a decision.I had an appointment the next day to see the Blue E400 loaded and then the night before I saw a commercial for the Jaguar XF and thought it looked sharp so the next day I called my local Jaguar dealer and made an appointment to go in and drive a black one with a tan interior (in stock) I get there and the car is sitting in the lot and it looked so sleek with the 19 inch wheels and the chrome accents. So I meet with the salesman and he gives me the key and as soon as I sat in this car I knew I was done shopping, press the keyless button adn the shifter comes up out of the console it is a round knurled knob that you rotate to shift and then the vents turn up and open it is so nice and futuristic. Then we turn on the 825 watt Meridian surround system with 17 speakers and sync my phone up and listen to Areosmith Dream On blasting and I am smiling just thinking about it. The bang and olufson didn't sound this good and that is a $6000 upgrade and this system came standard, everything I asked the salesman about he kept saying that's standard, like blind spot detection, AWD, heated windshield and heated and cooling seats, heated steering wheel is a cold weather package option for a couple hundred dollars. So I take the 3.0 turbo charged V6 AWD out for a ride and it is sleek and smooth and the steering is tight and sporty, I am thinking the whole time that this must be a $70,000 car like the CLS400 from Mercedes that priced out to $78,000. When we get back the salesman tells me they are having a Special and that i can take $5000 off plus $2000 rebate and I can have this car for $55,000. $20,000 less than the A7 and Mercedes CLS400. Well I said lets see what they offer me for my ML350 I'm sure that will be low balled. He came back with an offer $500 below Mercedes and $2000 better than Audi. So I said where do I sign, no not really I lease and asked him to roll all up front into the lease payment and pay off the small difference in my trade and he came back with a payment $250 less per month than Mercedes. I had him knock another $20 off payment , done. Well, I have been driving my /jaguar for a week now and everyone who sees it compliments me on the looks and I will probably go a little deaf after my 39 months is up but until then rock on. Did I mention when I hit a passing gear on a slow rider in the high speed lane I zipped to 110 within a blink of an eye and I think I should use the speed regulator that it is equipped with to prevent this speed outburst in the future. In 3 years I will look at other cars again but with Jaguar I am excited to see what that looks like in 2018. If your looking at these cars do not skip a test ride in the Jaguar Xf"

V8 engine Excellent Drive

By on Sunday, December 28, 2014

Pros: "Driving expereince, performance and style"

Cons: "Buy for the experience not the resale value"

"NA V8 Excellent car ! It offers a superior driving experience. Gorgeous design and road handling. This is one of the best luxury sports sedans on the market. The V8 engine or Supercharged models are really fast. The consumer market undervalues the car. It is a great executive car - aggressive style and performance. Highly recommend."

Very impressive

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pros: "Everything but the LED screen"

Cons: "LED screen could be bigger"

"I have driven or owned most foreign luxury cars and I am here to tell you that the AWD 3.0L engine is incredible. Jaguar got this car right and it drives extremely well in bad weather. Corners and accelerates very well and drives like a dream. Better then my Audi A6 or the BMW's I have had. Since I just purchased this I do not have a reliability gauge as of yet but the fit and finish is really solid."

It's a head-turning Ebony Black JAG XF!

By on Sunday, November 09, 2014

Pros: "Power, Style, Uniqueness, Comfort, Driving Thrills"

Cons: "It doesn't spit fluffy bunnies out the exhaust."

"My first Jaguar after the brand earning first my attention by style and sport appeal, later by making the brand more reliable. The 2012 Jaguar XF Portfolio I have burns the road with 380 HP delivered by a strong 5.0L V8. It's the massive torque that throws the driver and passengers alike into their seats. It's covered in luxury with soft touch surfaces and plenty of leather. Quite a step up at an affordable price if looking to purchase this luxury car a year or two old. Even the V8 better's the listed MPG when your foot isn't pressed to the floor. But, you buy this car to drive, not gingerly putt putt through the city and highway. I'm 100% satisfied with my purchase consider it a better fit for a 40'ish male looking for luxury and sport but not willing to fit the mold held by BMW, Audi, and Mercedes."

Love the vehicle

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2014

"same as above"

In July 2014 I purchased the 2015 Jaguar XF AWD

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive!"

Cons: "no complaints!"

"This car is beautiful to look at; drive; and own. I purchased a black model. I get compliments on my car almost every day. I studied this car for 3 years before I purchased it. I am not disappointed. The new model is an excellent car. I believe I had the very first 2015 XF allowed to be released in the U.S. on the east coast."

great looking, handling,overall performance !

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

"Far better performance and comfort than the 2008 Mercedes SL 500 that I owned prior to this car."

Best Car I've had

By on Thursday, October 09, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "tpms faulty"

"The 2011 XF Jaguar is extremely nice driving and comfortable ride. The only complaint I have is the TPMS but that would be for all luxury rides."

Inconvenient

By on Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Pros: "Ride, Power"

Cons: "Navigation, computer, visibility, inconvenient"

"The strong point of this car is the ride and acceleration. Comfort in the back seat is very good. The downside is that electronics and human interfaces are horrible at almost every point. The Nav is stupid-unusable. The audio system is impossible unless you stay on one station all the time. Visibility is bad and the back up camera is so low resolution it is frustrating and embarrassing. The interface with the iPhone is very bad - sometimes I cannot use the radio because the car thinks I am on the phone. The gas gauge is not not accurate, trip computer is rudimentary. The video screen is small and the computer crashes periodically. The trunk is very big, but the opening is very small. Garage door remote is so weak I need to be 20' away."

What else need be said- It's a Jaguar!!

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "Handles well, quiet ride, fun to ride in and drive"

Cons: "NONE"

"I received this car from my husband as a gift in 2008. After receiving this vehicle, my husband and I took a trip to Philadelphia to visit family. On the way, and while stopping to refuel, we encountered countless questions and glances of amazement concerning this vehicle. People who were driving BMW's, Mercedes, Porsche's, as well as other high end vehicles, wanted to know what make and model of vehicle it was. We informed them it was Jaguar's new body style. There is no valid proof to my next comment, but I am almost positive that my car was the very first Jaguar, with this body style, to grace the highways on the East coast. AWESOME CAR!!!!"

Extremely fast, handles like a dream

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

"Picked this up used for a sales car and can't complain much. It's fun to drive and flat out runs. If I had to pick on anything- the low tire function is on a lot. The tires are inflated correctly, but the sensors are on when I start the car and go off later as they warm up. Minor, but wish it would stop. The looks of it are very sleek. It is not a car that stands out symbolically like a BMW or Benz, but it is much more subtle and though people may not know what it is- they know it's well built."

Fun Car to Drive

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

"Bought this car for my girlfriend and now want one for myself. This car is fun to drive. I have to be careful not to get myself in trouble with the law. Performs well during acceleration, around corners and on the open highway. The car is so smooth on the highway that you easily find yourself speeding, I love driving on the highway between Austin and San Antonio where I can legally go 85 mph. I of course push it when I can. Also, at 6'6" 250 I don't fit in a lot of performance cars. I fit very well here. There is not a lot of back seat room, especially behind me but that is not an issue since it is mostly my girlfriend and I>"

Jaguar is the best kept secret in America.

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Cons: "Somewhat "busy" instrument panel."

"If I compare this Jaguar to a BMW 550, the Jaguar is easily the better vehicle. This was the last year with the V8 and is much preferred to the current turboed 4 cyl. A supercharged V8 is available in the current model."

Love it

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

Pros: "FUN"

Cons: "For some reason, re-sale value isn't great"

"I have had this car for 3 years now. It has had NO mechanical problems, no hardware problems. Actually, no problems of any kind. It is fun to drive, and has just been a pleasure to own"

Little Old Lady Likes Her Jag

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pros: "Power"

Cons: "Looks like a Buick"

"I've had my Jaguar XF for over a year, and I love its power! Merging into traffic used to terrify me, but the V-8 power allows me to almost teleport to where I want to be. I get great gas mileage, about 28 mpg combination city and highway. Had two repairs right after purchase (off-lease), brakes and a mass air flow sensor, but since then it has been perfect. To be honest, I do not love the styling. I had a 2001 S-Type for 10 years, and it was a dream car. The XF kinda looks like a Buick, ick, but it is a good car. And because I don't love it, I don't mind letting the dog or the grandbaby ride in it."

very beautiful car but runs horribly

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Cons: "the car is shaky engine and thermostat problms"

"i have owned a number of vehicles luxury and this is by far the worst. the car is very beautiful but the engine is no good. 2009 and newer models have many problems"

I Miss My Old Jag 2001 S Type

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "V-8 responsiveness is awesome; huge trunk"

Cons: "Looks like a Buick"

"I like my 2009 XF, but miss the sleeker styling of my old S-Type, which I cared for and loved for 10+ years. That being said, the XF is indeed a luxury car, and the best thing about it is that when I need a quick boost to merge onto a busy interstate or avoid some lunatic driver who does something stupid, it's as if the XF reads my mind, and I am instantaneously transported to the place of safety. Its responsiveness is unbelievable! I have never felt safer in a car than I do in the XF. That is worth every penny I paid for the car, especially because I have a grandbaby to transport on occasion. Have had a few repairs, brakes and a mass air flow sensor problem, but for a 5-year-old car, that's not too bad. Gas mileage is phenomenal, city mpg is almost 25, but I am a little old lady who drives like one. I occasionally get comments about the car, but not like I did when I had the S-Type."

Expect to see more on the road.

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Pros: "Outside styling, AWD, drives like a sports car"

Cons: "Slow touch screen interface"

"I couldn't be more pleased with my decision to go with the Jaguar. I tested the usual competition (Audi A6, Mercedes E-Class, and BMW 5-Series) but am thrilled I ended up with the Jaguar. It seems that every luxury car on the road are one of the aforementioned three. The Jaguar is different and unique, and I like that. It has unmatched styling, getting head-turns everywhere I go. Even attracting questions from strangers that see it. "What kind of car is that?", "Do you like it?" "How does it drive?". The conversation usually ends with them saying that it's the next car they are going to get. The stylized Jaguar grill, coupe-like back end, and running lights are my favorite outside features. Inside details are excellent and first rate. And while totally useless, the vents opening on start along with the shift knob that raising out of the center consul is really cool and always gets a reaction from new passengers. Not sure why they even have the 2.0 liter, get the 3.0 or higher and definitely AWD if you're in a northern climate where snow and ice are frequent. I suspect we'll all be seeing more Jag's on the road in the next couple years because this car is awesome."

Great car

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

"The handling of this car is wonderful. People compliment the looks as well so often, part of which is due to the color which is indigo blue. I had the S-type before but this is a better car. About the only complaint I have is there is no place for your sunglasses which the S-type did have."

Love -LOve_LOVe-LOVE my JAGUAR!

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pros: "Everything"

"I love my Jaguar. Nothing but compliments. I purchased new with only 8 miles on it (test drives), have taken very good care of it, and it has taken very good care of me. I have not experienced any problems with my vehicle. Guess I got one of the true Juguars."

Handles like a BMW and rides like a mercedes benz.

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Agility"

Cons: "slow nav system"

"Modern interior, very responsive 385 hp and 27 mpg on a trip. MPG falls to 19-20 around town, but that is to be expected. My other vehicle is a Mercedes E550 convertible so my review is objective. Yes, the nav screen is slow but I really don't care since handling and agility are far more important to me. Parking sensors front and rear as well the backup camera prove to be a safety consideration. Have had no problems or issues. Yes, Lucas Electrics are long gone."