• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Jaguar XF Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $41,748 - $43,582.

10/7.1

Based on 99 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Very impressive

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pros: "Everything but the LED screen"

Cons: "LED screen could be bigger"

"I have driven or owned most foreign luxury cars and I am here to tell you that the AWD 3.0L engine is incredible. Jaguar got this car right and it drives extremely well in bad weather. Corners and accelerates very well and drives like a dream. Better then my Audi A6 or the BMW's I have had. Since I just purchased this I do not have a reliability gauge as of yet but the fit and finish is really solid."

It's a head-turning Ebony Black JAG XF!

By on Sunday, November 09, 2014

Pros: "Power, Style, Uniqueness, Comfort, Driving Thrills"

Cons: "It doesn't spit fluffy bunnies out the exhaust."

"My first Jaguar after the brand earning first my attention by style and sport appeal, later by making the brand more reliable. The 2012 Jaguar XF Portfolio I have burns the road with 380 HP delivered by a strong 5.0L V8. It's the massive torque that throws the driver and passengers alike into their seats. It's covered in luxury with soft touch surfaces and plenty of leather. Quite a step up at an affordable price if looking to purchase this luxury car a year or two old. Even the V8 better's the listed MPG when your foot isn't pressed to the floor. But, you buy this car to drive, not gingerly putt putt through the city and highway. I'm 100% satisfied with my purchase consider it a better fit for a 40'ish male looking for luxury and sport but not willing to fit the mold held by BMW, Audi, and Mercedes."

Love the vehicle

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2014

"same as above"

In July 2014 I purchased the 2015 Jaguar XF AWD

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive!"

Cons: "no complaints!"

"This car is beautiful to look at; drive; and own. I purchased a black model. I get compliments on my car almost every day. I studied this car for 3 years before I purchased it. I am not disappointed. The new model is an excellent car. I believe I had the very first 2015 XF allowed to be released in the U.S. on the east coast."

great looking, handling,overall performance !

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

"Far better performance and comfort than the 2008 Mercedes SL 500 that I owned prior to this car."

Best Car I've had

By on Thursday, October 09, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "tpms faulty"

"The 2011 XF Jaguar is extremely nice driving and comfortable ride. The only complaint I have is the TPMS but that would be for all luxury rides."

Inconvenient

By on Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Pros: "Ride, Power"

Cons: "Navigation, computer, visibility, inconvenient"

"The strong point of this car is the ride and acceleration. Comfort in the back seat is very good. The downside is that electronics and human interfaces are horrible at almost every point. The Nav is stupid-unusable. The audio system is impossible unless you stay on one station all the time. Visibility is bad and the back up camera is so low resolution it is frustrating and embarrassing. The interface with the iPhone is very bad - sometimes I cannot use the radio because the car thinks I am on the phone. The gas gauge is not not accurate, trip computer is rudimentary. The video screen is small and the computer crashes periodically. The trunk is very big, but the opening is very small. Garage door remote is so weak I need to be 20' away."

What else need be said- It's a Jaguar!!

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "Handles well, quiet ride, fun to ride in and drive"

Cons: "NONE"

"I received this car from my husband as a gift in 2008. After receiving this vehicle, my husband and I took a trip to Philadelphia to visit family. On the way, and while stopping to refuel, we encountered countless questions and glances of amazement concerning this vehicle. People who were driving BMW's, Mercedes, Porsche's, as well as other high end vehicles, wanted to know what make and model of vehicle it was. We informed them it was Jaguar's new body style. There is no valid proof to my next comment, but I am almost positive that my car was the very first Jaguar, with this body style, to grace the highways on the East coast. AWESOME CAR!!!!"

Extremely fast, handles like a dream

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

"Picked this up used for a sales car and can't complain much. It's fun to drive and flat out runs. If I had to pick on anything- the low tire function is on a lot. The tires are inflated correctly, but the sensors are on when I start the car and go off later as they warm up. Minor, but wish it would stop. The looks of it are very sleek. It is not a car that stands out symbolically like a BMW or Benz, but it is much more subtle and though people may not know what it is- they know it's well built."

Fun Car to Drive

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

"Bought this car for my girlfriend and now want one for myself. This car is fun to drive. I have to be careful not to get myself in trouble with the law. Performs well during acceleration, around corners and on the open highway. The car is so smooth on the highway that you easily find yourself speeding, I love driving on the highway between Austin and San Antonio where I can legally go 85 mph. I of course push it when I can. Also, at 6'6" 250 I don't fit in a lot of performance cars. I fit very well here. There is not a lot of back seat room, especially behind me but that is not an issue since it is mostly my girlfriend and I>"

Jaguar is the best kept secret in America.

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Cons: "Somewhat "busy" instrument panel."

"If I compare this Jaguar to a BMW 550, the Jaguar is easily the better vehicle. This was the last year with the V8 and is much preferred to the current turboed 4 cyl. A supercharged V8 is available in the current model."

Love it

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

Pros: "FUN"

Cons: "For some reason, re-sale value isn't great"

"I have had this car for 3 years now. It has had NO mechanical problems, no hardware problems. Actually, no problems of any kind. It is fun to drive, and has just been a pleasure to own"

Little Old Lady Likes Her Jag

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pros: "Power"

Cons: "Looks like a Buick"

"I've had my Jaguar XF for over a year, and I love its power! Merging into traffic used to terrify me, but the V-8 power allows me to almost teleport to where I want to be. I get great gas mileage, about 28 mpg combination city and highway. Had two repairs right after purchase (off-lease), brakes and a mass air flow sensor, but since then it has been perfect. To be honest, I do not love the styling. I had a 2001 S-Type for 10 years, and it was a dream car. The XF kinda looks like a Buick, ick, but it is a good car. And because I don't love it, I don't mind letting the dog or the grandbaby ride in it."

very beautiful car but runs horribly

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Cons: "the car is shaky engine and thermostat problms"

"i have owned a number of vehicles luxury and this is by far the worst. the car is very beautiful but the engine is no good. 2009 and newer models have many problems"

I Miss My Old Jag 2001 S Type

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "V-8 responsiveness is awesome; huge trunk"

Cons: "Looks like a Buick"

"I like my 2009 XF, but miss the sleeker styling of my old S-Type, which I cared for and loved for 10+ years. That being said, the XF is indeed a luxury car, and the best thing about it is that when I need a quick boost to merge onto a busy interstate or avoid some lunatic driver who does something stupid, it's as if the XF reads my mind, and I am instantaneously transported to the place of safety. Its responsiveness is unbelievable! I have never felt safer in a car than I do in the XF. That is worth every penny I paid for the car, especially because I have a grandbaby to transport on occasion. Have had a few repairs, brakes and a mass air flow sensor problem, but for a 5-year-old car, that's not too bad. Gas mileage is phenomenal, city mpg is almost 25, but I am a little old lady who drives like one. I occasionally get comments about the car, but not like I did when I had the S-Type."

Expect to see more on the road.

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Pros: "Outside styling, AWD, drives like a sports car"

Cons: "Slow touch screen interface"

"I couldn't be more pleased with my decision to go with the Jaguar. I tested the usual competition (Audi A6, Mercedes E-Class, and BMW 5-Series) but am thrilled I ended up with the Jaguar. It seems that every luxury car on the road are one of the aforementioned three. The Jaguar is different and unique, and I like that. It has unmatched styling, getting head-turns everywhere I go. Even attracting questions from strangers that see it. "What kind of car is that?", "Do you like it?" "How does it drive?". The conversation usually ends with them saying that it's the next car they are going to get. The stylized Jaguar grill, coupe-like back end, and running lights are my favorite outside features. Inside details are excellent and first rate. And while totally useless, the vents opening on start along with the shift knob that raising out of the center consul is really cool and always gets a reaction from new passengers. Not sure why they even have the 2.0 liter, get the 3.0 or higher and definitely AWD if you're in a northern climate where snow and ice are frequent. I suspect we'll all be seeing more Jag's on the road in the next couple years because this car is awesome."

Great car

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

"The handling of this car is wonderful. People compliment the looks as well so often, part of which is due to the color which is indigo blue. I had the S-type before but this is a better car. About the only complaint I have is there is no place for your sunglasses which the S-type did have."

Love -LOve_LOVe-LOVE my JAGUAR!

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pros: "Everything"

"I love my Jaguar. Nothing but compliments. I purchased new with only 8 miles on it (test drives), have taken very good care of it, and it has taken very good care of me. I have not experienced any problems with my vehicle. Guess I got one of the true Juguars."

Handles like a BMW and rides like a mercedes benz.

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Agility"

Cons: "slow nav system"

"Modern interior, very responsive 385 hp and 27 mpg on a trip. MPG falls to 19-20 around town, but that is to be expected. My other vehicle is a Mercedes E550 convertible so my review is objective. Yes, the nav screen is slow but I really don't care since handling and agility are far more important to me. Parking sensors front and rear as well the backup camera prove to be a safety consideration. Have had no problems or issues. Yes, Lucas Electrics are long gone."

very smooth and handles well

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

"very smooth and handles well back seats could be an bit bigger but then just get the XJ overall love it looks good and handles really well in the snow as well in the dry"

I love this car

By on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Pros: "Awesome auto, prestiage & power"

Cons: "That I don't have a difference color for every day"

"I am not a car person but I love this Jaguar. It is fast, fun and sumptuous. Purchased new."

To many repairs.

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "Jagaur has done much to make it right"

Cons: "Owned better cars for less money"

"For the money, mine has been a joke. The rear lights leak water. The dashboard leather wrinkled. the brake system has given me fits. The dash lights have come on and off several times. I have received much better service from cars that cost a whole lot less than this one. My car only has 39,000 miles on it and has been garage kept since it was new."

Extraordinary materials, engine, and design!

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "POWER - LUXURY - PRESTIGE - POWER - POWER - POWER"

Cons: "Side bolsters for seats way too small"

"Bought used, after having owned BMW M3, Mercedes e55 AMG, and other quality Lexus and Land Rover vehicles, and was over-the-top impressed with attention to details inside and out! First the bad -- 1. Jag should steal the seats out of the BMW M5 2. Jag should 'glue' down the dash leather better - coming up in areas where sun has baked it in California for 3 years 3. Jag should have the USB connection also able to stream audio without using separate cable 4. Sometimes the start button doesn't work - so you have to leave the vehicle and come back to it - Old Jag Electrical nightmares live on - land rover still beats them with electrical errors though 5. should have bigger sunroof 6. should have had back sunroof or full glass roof 7. breaks a little too touchy 8. lights don't turn in to corners - adaptive lighting should be mandatory feature 9. Back trunk button stopped working 10. Car should ask if you want it started when you sit down in the driver's seat - why push the button? Now the outstanding! 1. POWER - with the 470 HP engine! You run out of courage before running out of power 2. Stereo System - simply incredibly amazing - 17 speakers 3. Feel of the leather - everywhere and softness of the carpet! I go barefoot a lot, so the carpet is awesome 4. Leather seating is so supremely soft 5. Heating and Cooling seats - works!!! 6. Heated steering wheel - works! 7. Telling friends / co-workers - Want to grab lunch in the Jag?"

Fabulous

By on Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "My daughter wants to drive it. ( NO WAY)"

"I have had this 2011 jag for two years now. It has been a wonderful car. No mechanical issues, and it drives beautifully. Dealer has been wonderful. Free loaner when I go in for routine maintenance. All the way around, it has been a pleasure to own."

love this car

By on Sunday, October 13, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, sleek look, great rims, fast"

Cons: "not a fan of the a/c covers flipping up"

"I've had this car for a year and I absolutely love it. It's sleek, comfortable, fast and a dream to drive. I love the LED daytime lights!"

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next