• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Jaguar XF Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $43,070 - $44,623.

10/7.1

Based on 93 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Inconvenient

By on Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Pros: "Ride, Power"

Cons: "Navigation, computer, visibility, inconvenient"

"The strong point of this car is the ride and acceleration. Comfort in the back seat is very good. The downside is that electronics and human interfaces are horrible at almost every point. The Nav is stupid-unusable. The audio system is impossible unless you stay on one station all the time. Visibility is bad and the back up camera is so low resolution it is frustrating and embarrassing. The interface with the iPhone is very bad - sometimes I cannot use the radio because the car thinks I am on the phone. The gas gauge is not not accurate, trip computer is rudimentary. The video screen is small and the computer crashes periodically. The trunk is very big, but the opening is very small. Garage door remote is so weak I need to be 20' away."

What else need be said- It's a Jaguar!!

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "Handles well, quiet ride, fun to ride in and drive"

Cons: "NONE"

"I received this car from my husband as a gift in 2008. After receiving this vehicle, my husband and I took a trip to Philadelphia to visit family. On the way, and while stopping to refuel, we encountered countless questions and glances of amazement concerning this vehicle. People who were driving BMW's, Mercedes, Porsche's, as well as other high end vehicles, wanted to know what make and model of vehicle it was. We informed them it was Jaguar's new body style. There is no valid proof to my next comment, but I am almost positive that my car was the very first Jaguar, with this body style, to grace the highways on the East coast. AWESOME CAR!!!!"

Extremely fast, handles like a dream

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

"Picked this up used for a sales car and can't complain much. It's fun to drive and flat out runs. If I had to pick on anything- the low tire function is on a lot. The tires are inflated correctly, but the sensors are on when I start the car and go off later as they warm up. Minor, but wish it would stop. The looks of it are very sleek. It is not a car that stands out symbolically like a BMW or Benz, but it is much more subtle and though people may not know what it is- they know it's well built."

Fun Car to Drive

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

"Bought this car for my girlfriend and now want one for myself. This car is fun to drive. I have to be careful not to get myself in trouble with the law. Performs well during acceleration, around corners and on the open highway. The car is so smooth on the highway that you easily find yourself speeding, I love driving on the highway between Austin and San Antonio where I can legally go 85 mph. I of course push it when I can. Also, at 6'6" 250 I don't fit in a lot of performance cars. I fit very well here. There is not a lot of back seat room, especially behind me but that is not an issue since it is mostly my girlfriend and I>"

Jaguar is the best kept secret in America.

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Cons: "Somewhat "busy" instrument panel."

"If I compare this Jaguar to a BMW 550, the Jaguar is easily the better vehicle. This was the last year with the V8 and is much preferred to the current turboed 4 cyl. A supercharged V8 is available in the current model."

Love it

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

Pros: "FUN"

Cons: "For some reason, re-sale value isn't great"

"I have had this car for 3 years now. It has had NO mechanical problems, no hardware problems. Actually, no problems of any kind. It is fun to drive, and has just been a pleasure to own"

Little Old Lady Likes Her Jag

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pros: "Power"

Cons: "Looks like a Buick"

"I've had my Jaguar XF for over a year, and I love its power! Merging into traffic used to terrify me, but the V-8 power allows me to almost teleport to where I want to be. I get great gas mileage, about 28 mpg combination city and highway. Had two repairs right after purchase (off-lease), brakes and a mass air flow sensor, but since then it has been perfect. To be honest, I do not love the styling. I had a 2001 S-Type for 10 years, and it was a dream car. The XF kinda looks like a Buick, ick, but it is a good car. And because I don't love it, I don't mind letting the dog or the grandbaby ride in it."

very beautiful car but runs horribly

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Cons: "the car is shaky engine and thermostat problms"

"i have owned a number of vehicles luxury and this is by far the worst. the car is very beautiful but the engine is no good. 2009 and newer models have many problems"

I Miss My Old Jag 2001 S Type

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "V-8 responsiveness is awesome; huge trunk"

Cons: "Looks like a Buick"

"I like my 2009 XF, but miss the sleeker styling of my old S-Type, which I cared for and loved for 10+ years. That being said, the XF is indeed a luxury car, and the best thing about it is that when I need a quick boost to merge onto a busy interstate or avoid some lunatic driver who does something stupid, it's as if the XF reads my mind, and I am instantaneously transported to the place of safety. Its responsiveness is unbelievable! I have never felt safer in a car than I do in the XF. That is worth every penny I paid for the car, especially because I have a grandbaby to transport on occasion. Have had a few repairs, brakes and a mass air flow sensor problem, but for a 5-year-old car, that's not too bad. Gas mileage is phenomenal, city mpg is almost 25, but I am a little old lady who drives like one. I occasionally get comments about the car, but not like I did when I had the S-Type."

Expect to see more on the road.

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Pros: "Outside styling, AWD, drives like a sports car"

Cons: "Slow touch screen interface"

"I couldn't be more pleased with my decision to go with the Jaguar. I tested the usual competition (Audi A6, Mercedes E-Class, and BMW 5-Series) but am thrilled I ended up with the Jaguar. It seems that every luxury car on the road are one of the aforementioned three. The Jaguar is different and unique, and I like that. It has unmatched styling, getting head-turns everywhere I go. Even attracting questions from strangers that see it. "What kind of car is that?", "Do you like it?" "How does it drive?". The conversation usually ends with them saying that it's the next car they are going to get. The stylized Jaguar grill, coupe-like back end, and running lights are my favorite outside features. Inside details are excellent and first rate. And while totally useless, the vents opening on start along with the shift knob that raising out of the center consul is really cool and always gets a reaction from new passengers. Not sure why they even have the 2.0 liter, get the 3.0 or higher and definitely AWD if you're in a northern climate where snow and ice are frequent. I suspect we'll all be seeing more Jag's on the road in the next couple years because this car is awesome."