• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2009 Jaguar XF

Based on 107 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Beauty, performance and quality in one car.

By on Monday, March 23, 2015

"see above"

Amazing Car but RELIABILITY ISSUES

By on Friday, March 20, 2015

Pros: "Luxury, Styling, Character, Soul, Handling,"

Cons: "RELIABILITY, CANT GO 200 MILES ENGINE LIGHT IS ON"

"I love my car and as an idiot would purchased it again, even if i knew the future reliability issues. The manufacturer should address the reliability issues and then sky is the limit. You would be spending 3 - 6K each year for its maintenance !!!"

Wait until you test drive this car...super power

By on Saturday, February 21, 2015

Pros: "fun drive, great price, super power,"

Cons: "burns more gas than I realized."

"I own a 2011 XF. I must say that this is the best car I have driven in a long time. I drove my 2004 BMW LI for 8 years before purchasing the Jag. When you compare the two, Jag wins hands down. I still drive my Beemer with over 250,000 miles to help reduce miles on my Jag. I definitely miss driving my Jag when I take the Beemer out. My boyfriend drives a 2006 E320 and that car drives the worst. No get up and go. Lastly, when it's time to trade or sell my Jag, I will stick with the XF. The XJF is too big but a beautiful car. The interior is luxury at its finest. My boyfriend is really looking at the XJF in brilliant black."

I am so happy - No regrets. Son loves.

By on Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pros: "Value compared to competitors, gorgeous, explosive"

Cons: "Tight for tall rear passengers"

"I own a 2014 XFR purchased new a couple of months ago. Jag exec drove around a bit - got a great deal. My original plan was to buy the 2015 470 HP XF at the end of the year because I had just recently ordered my wife the Mercedes ML400. This vehicle came available and could not pass up. All I can say is wow. I had to fly to Chicago to procure it, and drive home 400 miles, but that was a joy. This car is just simply beautiful, inside and out. The feel when you hit the gas gives you a knot in your stomach. Went from 60 to 100 mph in a blink of the eye. Also, coasting at 90 feels like 70, which is why I have a new Escort Passport Max 2 and use Escort live on phone! I have test drove the 3.0 AWD as well and it feels powerful as well. The 470HP would have been more than sufficient, but what can I say... The looks of the XFR are muscular and very cool looking. So now the details: The seats are really comfortable with plush leather and more seat adjustments than you need. Everything is convenient to reach and control, even when driving. There have been complaints by some professional critics with behind the times Nav and technology. I find no issue with this and it is very intuitive to use. Easy to sync phones and change from one to another. It has everything you need. Very slight pause when hitting a button but who cares. I think some cars are over the top with this, and I love technology, considering myself a first adopter. The sound system is supreme with great features. Read your manual! Back seats are comfortable; however, tall passengers will feel a bit tight with sloped rear. On my way back from purchasing I stopped by to take my son and roommates to dinner. They both felt comfortable in the back, but are under 6'. Plus, I did not buy this car to take out all my tall friends. I would not want changed design to accommodate taller passengers. Plus, we will have the ML400 if we need slightly more room. This car is simply stunning when you see it in person. Jag by far has the best look of any sports sedan. I do not like sedans, but need for work & family logistics and do not want another SUV. I drove Mercedes, Audi, and BMW and non compare to the Jags looks. I also feel it was the best overall vehicle. Audi may have drove slightly smoother, BMW tighter on curves, and Mercedes Benz's interior was close to Jag. However, all-in Jag was great in all categories and could have arguably finished slighter higher in all three of these categories based on driver opinions. The others were way short of Jag on at least one of the three areas. And the Jag is cheaper comparing similar features. I did not rate quality and reliability because it is a new car. I have a 100,000 mile warranty so they stand behind their product. If there is an issue I will simply take it in and get a loaner. Big deal. Plus, I have heard great things about Jag quality lately. All manufacturers will have cars out there with issues so take reviews with a grain of salt. I cannot comment on winter driving because I plan on getting snow tires for next winter. Currently driving Subaru Forester when bad since son is at school and daughter only has her permit. From all the forums I have read, snow tires & winter mode will provide all I need to enjoy during winter months. In conclusion this was a great purchase. I travel and when I text my wife "cannot wait to get home to see my baby" she knows I am talking about the car!"

After 2.5 years was the most reliable car I've had

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2015

"Owned BMWs Audis the lousy Jaguar S Sedan from the ford era had the most fun with this one."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Jaguar XF near Honolulu. See local deals