• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2009 Jaguar XF

Based on 103 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

After 2.5 years was the most reliable car I've had

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2015

"Owned BMWs Audis the lousy Jaguar S Sedan from the ford era had the most fun with this one."

Great car. Excelent driving characteristics

By on Monday, January 12, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive"

"Great car for the price. Does not have all wheel drive and frankly with snow tires and winter driving mode engaged had no problem driving in Chicago winter."

I love my Mercedes, until last week.

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Pros: "Take me to church! Sound, drive, looks, features."

Cons: "Will probably go deaf."

"I love driving and want a new car every 2 or 3 years so I lease. The last vehicle I had was the Mercedes ML350 2012. I really love Mercedes and when it was time for a new car I tried the E350 and really wanted to love the CLS400 for 2015, it haad great features and pretty good Harmon Kardon sound system and I really liked the active seat that has bolsters that expand when you take corners and massage while driving. I wanted a beige interior and exterior color of blue or black or white. It was very hard to find the car with the options I wanted and black seems to be the most popular interior color as it is the color in 95 percent of the cars. Just don't care for black interiors. So I had the dealer locate a an E350 in blue with tan and it had all the options I wanted in the Mercedes, active seat, premium sound, blind spot and other safety features. It looked nice but so vanilla and sedan like and the interior was a little boring. So I went to look at the Audi A7 and it looked sleek and had a cool pop up screen, I really liked the looks, but the sound was just ok and it did ride really nice so it was probably my new 1st choice, which says a lot because a Mercedes has an incredible ride and has a great reputation. I thought I was done researching after 3 months of driving and researching like you are doing now. I waited until all the 2015's arrived and was prepared to make a decision.I had an appointment the next day to see the Blue E400 loaded and then the night before I saw a commercial for the Jaguar XF and thought it looked sharp so the next day I called my local Jaguar dealer and made an appointment to go in and drive a black one with a tan interior (in stock) I get there and the car is sitting in the lot and it looked so sleek with the 19 inch wheels and the chrome accents. So I meet with the salesman and he gives me the key and as soon as I sat in this car I knew I was done shopping, press the keyless button adn the shifter comes up out of the console it is a round knurled knob that you rotate to shift and then the vents turn up and open it is so nice and futuristic. Then we turn on the 825 watt Meridian surround system with 17 speakers and sync my phone up and listen to Areosmith Dream On blasting and I am smiling just thinking about it. The bang and olufson didn't sound this good and that is a $6000 upgrade and this system came standard, everything I asked the salesman about he kept saying that's standard, like blind spot detection, AWD, heated windshield and heated and cooling seats, heated steering wheel is a cold weather package option for a couple hundred dollars. So I take the 3.0 turbo charged V6 AWD out for a ride and it is sleek and smooth and the steering is tight and sporty, I am thinking the whole time that this must be a $70,000 car like the CLS400 from Mercedes that priced out to $78,000. When we get back the salesman tells me they are having a Special and that i can take $5000 off plus $2000 rebate and I can have this car for $55,000. $20,000 less than the A7 and Mercedes CLS400. Well I said lets see what they offer me for my ML350 I'm sure that will be low balled. He came back with an offer $500 below Mercedes and $2000 better than Audi. So I said where do I sign, no not really I lease and asked him to roll all up front into the lease payment and pay off the small difference in my trade and he came back with a payment $250 less per month than Mercedes. I had him knock another $20 off payment , done. Well, I have been driving my /jaguar for a week now and everyone who sees it compliments me on the looks and I will probably go a little deaf after my 39 months is up but until then rock on. Did I mention when I hit a passing gear on a slow rider in the high speed lane I zipped to 110 within a blink of an eye and I think I should use the speed regulator that it is equipped with to prevent this speed outburst in the future. In 3 years I will look at other cars again but with Jaguar I am excited to see what that looks like in 2018. If your looking at these cars do not skip a test ride in the Jaguar Xf"

V8 engine Excellent Drive

By on Sunday, December 28, 2014

Pros: "Driving expereince, performance and style"

Cons: "Buy for the experience not the resale value"

"NA V8 Excellent car ! It offers a superior driving experience. Gorgeous design and road handling. This is one of the best luxury sports sedans on the market. The V8 engine or Supercharged models are really fast. The consumer market undervalues the car. It is a great executive car - aggressive style and performance. Highly recommend."

Very impressive

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pros: "Everything but the LED screen"

Cons: "LED screen could be bigger"

"I have driven or owned most foreign luxury cars and I am here to tell you that the AWD 3.0L engine is incredible. Jaguar got this car right and it drives extremely well in bad weather. Corners and accelerates very well and drives like a dream. Better then my Audi A6 or the BMW's I have had. Since I just purchased this I do not have a reliability gauge as of yet but the fit and finish is really solid."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Jaguar XF near Honolulu. See local deals