2008 Jaguar X-Type

7.8

Based on 355 Ratings for the 2002 - 2008 models.

Time to say goodbye

By on Saturday, October 24, 2009

"Bought 04 X-type 3.0 for wife to replace problematic Pontiac GA. This car was worse. It never left us sit, but small stuff keeps breaking and big stuff( water pump, prop shaft, axle seals, transfer case, shocks, struts) keep wearing out long before their time. After just 78K miles, have replaced most everything under the car except engine and actual transmission and on fourth set of tires. And the A/C compressor isn't sounding good. Exceptional on ice and in the snow, very comfortable and easy to park. My elderly infermed MIL raves about how easy to get in and out of. The car is like dating a supermodel: great to look at, but really high maintenance."

I absolutely love this car!

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros: "Every feature is just how I would plan it."

Cons: "Take care not to scratch thin dashboard leather."

"I have driven this car almost every day since purchasing it as a used car nearly three years ago. It has performed admirably in both sub-zero (down to minus 30 degrees, not counting the wind chill factor) and stiffling heat (+110) conditions, and even though it always was parked outside, it always started on the first attempt. This model does not have the horsepower of my old Jensen Healey, but it is more than adequate for regular driving needs. The steering is immediately responsive and concise, and thanks to the all-wheel drive, I can safely drive even in deep snow where large SUVs are fishtailing. It has extremely comfortable seating with many different adjustments available. I have no concerns or complaints about anything involving the maintenance, performance, or reliability of this great car. I only wish they still made this model."

It is a real pleasure to drive and has alot of zip

By on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pros: "Pleasure to drive and I feel special in a Jaguar"

Cons: "small cup holders and expensive to repair"

"The only problem is the repairs are very expensive. It cost almost $600 to repair the front brakes at the dealer. The rotors are one time use!!!! I have taken the car elsewhere and had to take it to the dealer to repair what the other person did. My horn also was not working and after paying alot to fix it the horn is still not right. It honks for no apparent reason and the dealer cannot figure it out."

a Ford Taurus

By on Thursday, July 05, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, handles well in winter"

"Water pump just went out. Common problem with Jaguar X types. This car is enjoyable to operate. I have sports model, 2004. 3.0 liter. Handles well in Mouintains of Colorado in winter. Get one if you like a good ride."

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT

By on Friday, June 08, 2007

"I can't say enough great things about this car. I thought when I bought it, it was the Jag of years past. (You better have a spare.) Not anymore. I've owned it for 3 years and it's only been to the dealer for oil changes...it currently has 38K miles. It's fast, reliable, fun, sexy and comfortable. Gets 18 mpg in the city, but I am always first off the line. I LOVE IT!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Jaguar X-Type near Honolulu. See local deals