2002 Jaguar X-Type

7.8

Based on 360 Ratings for the 2002 - 2008 models.

I absolutely love this car!

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros: "Every feature is just how I would plan it."

Cons: "Take care not to scratch thin dashboard leather."

"I have driven this car almost every day since purchasing it as a used car nearly three years ago. It has performed admirably in both sub-zero (down to minus 30 degrees, not counting the wind chill factor) and stiffling heat (+110) conditions, and even though it always was parked outside, it always started on the first attempt. This model does not have the horsepower of my old Jensen Healey, but it is more than adequate for regular driving needs. The steering is immediately responsive and concise, and thanks to the all-wheel drive, I can safely drive even in deep snow where large SUVs are fishtailing. It has extremely comfortable seating with many different adjustments available. I have no concerns or complaints about anything involving the maintenance, performance, or reliability of this great car. I only wish they still made this model."

It is a real pleasure to drive and has alot of zip

By on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pros: "Pleasure to drive and I feel special in a Jaguar"

Cons: "small cup holders and expensive to repair"

"The only problem is the repairs are very expensive. It cost almost $600 to repair the front brakes at the dealer. The rotors are one time use!!!! I have taken the car elsewhere and had to take it to the dealer to repair what the other person did. My horn also was not working and after paying alot to fix it the horn is still not right. It honks for no apparent reason and the dealer cannot figure it out."

a Ford Taurus

By on Thursday, July 05, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, handles well in winter"

"Water pump just went out. Common problem with Jaguar X types. This car is enjoyable to operate. I have sports model, 2004. 3.0 liter. Handles well in Mouintains of Colorado in winter. Get one if you like a good ride."

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT

By on Friday, June 08, 2007

"I can't say enough great things about this car. I thought when I bought it, it was the Jag of years past. (You better have a spare.) Not anymore. I've owned it for 3 years and it's only been to the dealer for oil changes...it currently has 38K miles. It's fast, reliable, fun, sexy and comfortable. Gets 18 mpg in the city, but I am always first off the line. I LOVE IT!!"

Hope this helps someone

By on Friday, July 31, 2009

"I hope this helps someone. I don't own an x-type yet but may be buying one today. However my mother does. She has the 2002 3.0L. She has had problems with the check engine light coming on and has had to take it to the dealer repeatedly for this. They would return it to her and within days the light would come back on again. By trial and error, she has discovered that apparently not all hight test gas is created equally. She has found that is she puts BP or GetGo gas in, the light goes off and stays off. Any other gas the light comes back on. Strange, I think, but if your check engine light is giving you grief, it is worth trying different gas. I hope this saves someone some money or a trip to the dealer. Aside from that, she says it is the best car she has ever owned."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Jaguar X-Type near Honolulu. See local deals