2006 Jaguar S-Type

8.1

Based on 360 Ratings for the 2000 - 2008 models.

Buy a 2005 S-Type

By on Sunday, July 29, 2007

"This is our second S-Type. The first was an 2001. The 05 was refined and improved so much we had to buy it. Get a V8 with sport suspension. Not only does the car look great, it handles like its on rails and drives smooth as glass. The only thing I do not like is the low rear view mirror. For a tall person it can get in the way of vision to the right. If your undecided, don't be. Get the Jag and forget "looking dull" in a Camry."

Pickling this Vehicle

By on Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable drive great value"

Cons: "jealous parkers want to ding ur doors!"

"Oscar is my grand daughter - she calls it "her Jag" because of a vanity plate with her name on it. She is about to turn 7. This is my 4th S-Type and the best of all the model years, in my opinion. All have been BRG (British Racing Green) and all have 'turned heads' when clean. Very minor issues with 2 window motors (both under warranty) and a persistent coolant loss due to small leak at the coolant reservoir, which a new reservoir will cure. Have needed breaks once - tires twice - no other special maintenance issues. Contrary to ratings, my wife and I use this vehicle primarily for long 'road trips' and average 32 to 33 mpg historically. I am not a little old lady driver and if you could access my 'computer', you would find that I average 75 to 80 mph hour when traveling (which is around 2,000 rpm on this vehicle). I alternate between High Test and Mediam Test fuel and religiously change the oil every 3,000 miles. While it is not very Snow Friendly, once you learn to 'gear down' there are few issues traveling in most weather. In the spring I am beginning the process of pickling the vehicle and will, as a hobby, totally restore the interior over the years so that when 'Oscar" reaches 18 (or thereabouts) I can gift her the car. All my peers say that she will have no interest, but I think they are totally wrong! Kind of like not wanting a 1960's Corvette if you ask me."

Can't have just 1

By on Thursday, November 15, 2007

"My wife has a 2001 S-Type and I HAD a 1998 XJ8-L which I totaly loved but had to sell because the warranty was running out (Jags are expensive to repair). So, I bought a 2005 S-Type so now I have 2. Her 2001 has only needed regular maintenance and the suspension recall performed and one radiator hose in 5 years. Just now ready for tires at 60K miles. Wonderful automobiles and such a pleasure, and privledge to drive. I'm glad I didn't listen to the ones that give bad reviews. These are mechanical and mechanical things wear eventually, so you have to take care of it, if you don't then you get what the nay-sayers got. If you do take car of your car no matter what make or model it will give comparable service for the model unless of course it is a lemon."

ABSOLUTE POWER

By on Friday, October 12, 2007

"power and luxury in one If you drive it once you will not be able to get out of it"

Been a good car

By on Thursday, September 27, 2007

"I know the reports from consumer are not goo but in 6 years I have only replace a window motor, thats good by any standars."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Jaguar S-Type near Honolulu. See local deals