2005 Jaguar S-Type

8.1

Based on 360 Ratings for the 2000 - 2008 models.

Buy a 2005 S-Type

By on Sunday, July 29, 2007

"This is our second S-Type. The first was an 2001. The 05 was refined and improved so much we had to buy it. Get a V8 with sport suspension. Not only does the car look great, it handles like its on rails and drives smooth as glass. The only thing I do not like is the low rear view mirror. For a tall person it can get in the way of vision to the right. If your undecided, don't be. Get the Jag and forget "looking dull" in a Camry."

Pickling this Vehicle

By on Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable drive great value"

Cons: "jealous parkers want to ding ur doors!"

"Oscar is my grand daughter - she calls it "her Jag" because of a vanity plate with her name on it. She is about to turn 7. This is my 4th S-Type and the best of all the model years, in my opinion. All have been BRG (British Racing Green) and all have 'turned heads' when clean. Very minor issues with 2 window motors (both under warranty) and a persistent coolant loss due to small leak at the coolant reservoir, which a new reservoir will cure. Have needed breaks once - tires twice - no other special maintenance issues. Contrary to ratings, my wife and I use this vehicle primarily for long 'road trips' and average 32 to 33 mpg historically. I am not a little old lady driver and if you could access my 'computer', you would find that I average 75 to 80 mph hour when traveling (which is around 2,000 rpm on this vehicle). I alternate between High Test and Mediam Test fuel and religiously change the oil every 3,000 miles. While it is not very Snow Friendly, once you learn to 'gear down' there are few issues traveling in most weather. In the spring I am beginning the process of pickling the vehicle and will, as a hobby, totally restore the interior over the years so that when 'Oscar" reaches 18 (or thereabouts) I can gift her the car. All my peers say that she will have no interest, but I think they are totally wrong! Kind of like not wanting a 1960's Corvette if you ask me."

I love this car

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "NONE"

"I have had this automobile for about 7 years and its had a few things that were needing correction but overhaul its great. People still tell me that its very nice looking. Its a 2001 S-type 8cyl. I get 23mpg highway and about 19 mpg in city. It takes premeiun fuel only but I don't care I love my BABY."

Beautiful Car inside and out

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"No problems - excellent running - smooth and stylish. This is my first Jaguar and for the price, I couldn't pass it up. A lot better than buying a cheap car that isn't half the car this one is."

Great car!

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "Great price, anything under 6000 is a steal."

Cons: "Every part of this car has it's own fuse...."

"Car has a wonderful feel ,handles like a true cat.Interior is regal.One thing to be sure of is to change oxygen sensors after 100,000 miles."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Jaguar S-Type near Honolulu. See local deals