• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Jaguar F-TYPE Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $61,322 - $64,569.

10/7.5

9.4

Based on 5 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.8/10
    9.8/10

Incredible performance, handling and styling

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "power, handling styling, sounds"

Cons: "space"

"Traded my 2012 XKR, which I loved, and fell more in love with this car. Continually puts a smile on my face as well as any passengers I've had. Best driving sports car out there."

Absolutely powerful while beautiful

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "Fast, stable, solid"

Cons: "better infotainment system needed."

"No doubt this car is a sexy beast. The only knock is that the technology in the entertainment system lacks. The lack basic satellite radio or an app based system today is surprising in a 92K base car. Some features are available with an upgrade. Other than that there is everything to like."

My dream car

By on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Pros: "Fast, Fun & Phenominal!!!!"

Cons: "See you in traffic court"

"This may be the perfect car. Zero to 60 in 5.1 seconds for the base F-type. This car's acceleration will peel back your lips and leave you with a perpetual smile. Exhaust is music to my ears. I always preferred a stick until I drove the 8-speed auto transmission with paddle shifters. Wow. The leather seating is great. Can't speak to reliability because I have had the car for just a few days. After three MGs, a TR-3, TR-6, 350-Z, four Mercedes and two other Jags but this is the best yet with comfort, prestige and power to spare. See you in traffic court."

More fun than my 911 or Maserati Gransport

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

Pros: "A great car - for someone who loves to drive."

Cons: "NONE yet - hoping for very high reliability"

"Love the car. Love the exhaust note of the V8 S. Love the power and handling. Love the styling. Love the extended leather interior. Love the excellent 8 spd tranny."

Porsche 911S (997) Cab or Jaguar F type

By on Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pros: "Almost 1/2 the price of a 911S"

Cons: "Jag one mistake is not offering great 5.0V8 w/o sc"

2014 Jaguar F type in Florida initial showing in 2013

"I have owned: 7 BMW 4 MB 4 Porsches and 3 Jags. I have 911S with 40k miles and can't sell it! The people with money lease it and get a tax deductions. Then they bail out and try to have dealers' market them with CPO. When CPO runs out so does the water cooled 911's. VW has put their money on Audi (R8 &10's) Money Cars. The last Rolex 24 can attest to VW's plans on the 911's. A new 991 -9i1S 3.8ltr is under 4 sec 0-60 for $118,000 and a new Jag S type starts at almost 1/2 or $69,000. Both are 6 cly; Porsche is 3.8 ltr with 400hp, but less torque that V6 Jag 3.0 supercharged 340 hp with 332# torque. Jag is advertised at 5.1 sec 0-60 same as 997-991S. Water cooled-Porsche does not seem to hold their values. Take the 996 or Boxsters. A 1999 can be bought for under $20k or $10k respectively. Porsche had engine troubles under 2009 when they went to direct injection heads and fixed their intermediate shaft engineered problems (IMS). The only market for watercooled 911's seem to be the dealers, since they make the market! Jaguar has come a long way, but body quality needs improvement. A 5.0 V8 with 385 hp and 360# can get 26 mpg at legal speed limits from here to Florida. The 911S gets arround 24 mpg. Time will tell if the new F type in a coupe will take a 911 GT3, but with a supercharge 5.0 V8 puting out almost 500 hp (same as 911 GT3) but having over 400# of torque. You have to buy a 911 (991) turbo not made yet for say twice the price of a Jag V8 supercharged at say $90k. When Jag comes out with the RS version of 550 HP and 450# of Torque, watch out 911 turbo's. The real test will be when they run the Jag in Le Mans or Daytona. The XK RS did not fair to well in the American Le Mans series due to mechanical, not engine problems. I have seen the new 2014 Jag F type and have placed an order. I am thinking of trading in a 911S ('06)cab (FMV $45k) and a '05 Turbo Porsche SUV (FMV $25k)that has held it price better since it had a 4.5ltr V8 , that won the DP Rolex 24 several years ago, but Porsche dropped its' backing in 2013. the 4.5 or 4.8 V8 produce 450-550 HP @ 460 plus #'s of torque. Our three Jags (-05,08,11(5.0)) have been good and reliable, knock on wood.So it looks like we will go and put our money on the uncoming Jags. India is trying to show up its former boss (UK) and has the $$$$. VW has put its money into Audi, and the 911's may not be getting the assistance they need to compete with the supercar V 8 and V 10; VW just want to get its money back on the Porsche buyers. We put over $125k in Porsche's and got back 1/2 our investment. Sounds like 2008 all over again!"

2014 Jaguar F type in Florida initial showing in 2013