1998 Isuzu Trooper

Based on 126 Ratings for the 1992 - 2002 models.

Love my Troopers

By on Sunday, April 7, 2013

Pros: "Great interior, warranty and looks great."

"This is my second Trooper. Purchased my first one in1987 and sold it with 175,000 miles. I only sold it to buy a new 2002 Trooper knowing that would be the last year the car would be produced. I wish I had kept the 1987 too. Loved the manual transmission, 4wd and manual roll down windows. Isuzu has the BEST warranty (10 years/120,000). Other than normal maintenance, my transmission had to be replaced at 110,000 miles which was under warranty. The starter recently went out at 115,000. I truly love this car. It is so comfortable and I haven't found anything I like on the market that is similar and/or has a great warranty. My problem is that there are few dealers to service and they are telling me there will be problems getting parts in the next few years. I know Isuzu has SUV's in other countries but they are not importing to USA. I've seen SO many Troopers in South and Central America. My Troopers are part of my family...both of my sons learned to drive with them. I'd buy a third in a minute""

old reliable

By on Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pros: "4 wheelin is fun, wont get stuck,never breaks down"

Cons: "could use a little more power."

"fun easy to drive easy to work on,ton of room inside . goes through anything. very comfortable. only thing i wish is i would of bought the fancier acura slx. still great truck"

Best Decision I Made!

By on Monday, April 1, 2013

"Great vehicle. I purchased it in 2004, it is a 2002 model. Only had to have transmission work. Engine in great condition. No major problems. Loved the vehicle. Worth every dollar. Would definitely recommend. I purchased this as a working single mother and needed a reliable vehicle. It has been just that to me!"

Amazing vehicle in terms of reliability

By on Friday, October 14, 2011

Pros: "Reliability, Looks, Utility, tough!"

Cons: "handling and gas milage could be better."

"I bought this trooper new; it is the limited model with TOD 4w drive. Up until the last few months, I had spent absolutely no money for repairs on this car. During the last few months I have had to replace the EGR valve, starter and fuel pump. You may not believe this but it is true; I still have the original shocks, exhaust system and front shocks on this car after 14 years and over 200,000 miles of driving. I replaced the rear brakes but the front brakes still have the originals (don't ask me why the front brakes outlasted the rear brakes because I have no idea). I do take care of my vehicles and keep them garaged but the Trooper has been used daily and has seen its share of light off road use and many gravel and mud roads. I can't say this is a great handling vehicle (it isn't) but it is comfortable with lots of convenience and is still a sharp looking rig. It has survived a couple of fender benders and a head on encounter with a deer. The gas milage is sub par for a V6 but not too bad. If I drive fast and do power passes on two lane highways, it might use a little oil but less then a quart between oil changes. I do use high mileage oil in her. She still has plenty of power and I would not be afraid to drive her on any long distance trip. Best car mechanically that I have ever owned."

gas hog but very dependable

By on Saturday, June 28, 2008

"I love my truck. Bought it new. Has been cheap to maintain; needed only some minor transmission work 5 years ago; no other problems (knock on wood). If you can afford the gas and want a large SUV, get one. City mileage runs about 12 or so. Highway maybe 15. Note: This truck has been orphaned. Will become harder and harder to find parts as they are no longer being produced."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Isuzu Trooper near Honolulu. See local deals