1999 Isuzu Rodeo

7.8

Based on 444 Ratings for the 1998 - 2004 models.

I have had a great experience owning this car.

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "very much fun to drive, practical, lo price"

"Reliability has been outstanding for me, even though I know other owners with horror stories. Power and handling are exceptionally good. Of course, I wish it got better gas mileage. Generally about 20 mpg although freeway mileage w/ac on and using cruise control for steady speed often approaches 30 mpg. I'd recommend this car to others, BUT - many other owners have had problems. I have all the recommended preventive maint done (by my mechanics, not the dealers). Maybe that's the difference, or maybe I lucked out and got one made on Wednesday!"

best 5 seated suv for its price and look

By on Sunday, July 15, 2012

Pros: "dependable and fun too drive"

Cons: "market value is messed up....?"

"i have own this suv for 7 years now, never had any problem with it. Really dependable vehicle never had any problem with it. now it has almost 95000 miles and so far what i did is a oil change and breaks .i would recommend this car to anyone."

Very impressed overall

By on Friday, January 08, 2010

"I bought my 01 in 2004 with 48K miles on it and I'm already up to 129K with very few issues. All I've done is replace the water pump and I need CV joints now, but other than that--just regular oil changes and tune ups are the trick (and I've even slacked on that)! I have a few minor electrical issues (wipers on delay doesn't work well, and the passenger window won't go down using the driver's controls) but it's not that big of a deal. I noticed some people say it's not powerful enough up hills, but I have the "power" button on my center consol, and it zips right on up with that activated. I've owned WAY too many vehicles; some of which are superior in their comfort and features, but what it really boils down to for me is reliability...It's a bonus that I like the look of it. This is probably the most reliable car I've ever owned; I've been on MANY roadtrips over 1,000 miles and it just goes and goes. 200K here we come!!"

It's a truck built SUV

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "Build strength, good low end torque, durable."

Cons: "Rougher ride, poorish gas mileage"

"The Rodeo is a throw back in many ways since it is really based on a standard truck chassis. The up side is a strong and rigid frame, fairly easy to work on (the layout is very logical), and most everything seems to be made well. The down side is you don't get that smooth car like ride, it's going to be bouncy at times. It is also a little heavier, so don't expect great gas mileage (typically average 14/21 with the 3.2 V6). For anyone that has one or is thinking about getting one make sure you keep an eye on the engine oil level. The V6 does have a tendency to consume it. I am usually adding about 1/2 a quart over 2-3k miles. This isn't a problem directly with the engine, but more of a design flaw. As far as I know it posses no long term problem assuming you don't let the oil get too low. Just an FYI."

don't buy

By on Sunday, October 28, 2007

"Not only does this car lose its value pretty quickly but it doesnt drive well. When I wasn't spending all my hard earned money on oil (yes it guzzles several bottles per month), I spent what was left over on a very poor transmission. This one has a v4 engine and I honestly don't expect much from such yet the transmission would slip into a daze in between gears like the car itself forgot we were driving somewhere. Mind you all of this started when the car was three years old. Don't buy this its not worth the pain, suffering and embarassment."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Isuzu Rodeo near Honolulu. See local deals