1993 Isuzu Regular Cab

8.1

Based on 65 Ratings for the 1981 - 1995 models.

Little Hurcules

By on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Pros: "Not a lot of frills, so not a lot of maintenance"

Cons: "Electrical system can be difficult blowing fuses"

"Bought this 95 Pic-up in 2005 with 97000 miles on it for about $2,250. The first time I drove it, I realized it was special. At 101000 miles, I put new clutch, p/plate, throw-out-bearing and fly wheel on it. It cost about $1000. At 105000 miles, I put new tires on and had the braking system over hauled about $500. At 111000, replaced the fuel pump located in the gas tank $120 (did it with some buddies). At 125000 miles changed/replaced the electrical relay for the AC blower $50 (was a do it yourself) but figuring it out when ASE shops could not took forever. My truck is ugly and the wife hates it parked in the drive-way but Little Hurcules has now in 2012, 145000 miles and just wont die. He gets no real TLC, I drive it hard and too fast, put loads so heavy in the back that the front tires barely touch the pavement. The paint is pealing and the driver door won't lock, well sometimes it won't shut, but the seatbelt works great! It leaks a little oil, but burns none and sips gas like a hot cup of coffee. My wife tried to buy me a new truck and I had her return it. I am asking all my friends(that are single)to take him, cause I can't bear the thought of him in the JunkYard, plus I can still use him when I have some heavy wk to do. In closing, if the wife leaves me, Hurcules can always come back. Pray for me."

Love It

By on Sunday, July 20, 2008

"350000 Miles Mostly All City-No Major Repaires Change Oil Every 25000Miles (Senthetic) Still on Oridgnal Clutch Always Kept Outside Body Rust Didn't Appeare Till After 16 Years I Drive it Every Day As My Primary Vehicle BEEN A REAL BLESSING FOR ME"

Best little truck...

By on Monday, November 10, 2008

"Isuzu never had the notariety that Toyota received for their trucks, but I consider Isuzu to be an "unsung hero" for building durable, cost-effective, high-quality, low-frills vehicles that deliver excellent longevity and service. I'm the 2nd owner of a '91 4x4 regular cab w/208,000 miles and I swear it would climb a tree if I asked it to. I've had 3 Isuzus, 2 Toyotas and 5 Hondas and I'd rank my Isuzu ownership experience as well or better than my experiences with other makes. Wish they still made them (and not those "re-badged S-10's", but a REAL Isuzu truck)."

Nice Lil Truck

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2007

"This has probably been the most reliable truck i've ever owned, i have had no problems with it what so ever and it does quite well on rough terrain, the rear end acts like it has posi-trac, and with the right tires it will go a lot of places. Oh, and it is extremely tough it will take a beating and just keep going, you can't kill it, it even has less problems and is more reliable than my friend's truck that is supposed to be one of the most reliable around."

Relentless Reliability

By on Monday, April 19, 2010

"I bought this truck 10 years ago with 55,000 miles. I am not in love with the dash design. I always thought the radio behind the gearshift was clumsy. I am also getting older and am wanting power steering and an automatic transmission. On the other hand, I now have 160,000 on her and she won't quit. She finally is starting to drip a little oil. The A/C is has been ice cold for 10 years without a refill. The only thing I have had done is I had to have the emergency brake line fixed. I want something else but I also want to see how far I can take her. This truck is relentlessly reliable."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Isuzu Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals