• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Infiniti QX80 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $58,791 - $62,266.

Invoice N/A

10/7.2

5.2

Based on 5 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

6.2/10
    5.0/10
    6.0/10
    5.4/10
    7.0/10

It's a really heavy car

By on Saturday, January 17, 2015

Reason: Not what I expected

Pros: "Luxurious amenities. Beautifully designed."

Cons: "Performance, cargo area, driver/passenger comfort."

"i traded an '08 Denali for a 2014 QX80, and I've regretted the move ever since. Although this truck is beautifully sculpted with amazing lines, there are a few design issues which limit the overall comfort and performance of the ride. For what this thing costs brand new, it's a shame that the most comfortable seats actually reside in the middle row. The driver and front passenger seats are rigid, firm, and on longer drives, become uncomfortable rather quickly. The rear cargo area is small, because in a successful effort to create more leg room for the passengers in the middle section without extending the overall length of the vehicle, Infiniti drastically reduced the rear space behind the third row. I understand, you have to give a little to get a little, but the cargo area while using the third row is useless for anything larger than maybe two carry-on roller bags. My QX80 was fitted with the upgraded 22 inch premium wheels. Although they are nice, and give the truck a much more aggressive stance, the wheels are narrow, and on a top heavy truck, this brings about handling and stability issues during highway driving. Primarily on longer trips where wind can become an issue. Also, the overall performance was lackluster. These trucks are outfitted with a 5.7L V8, which actually struggles to accelerate at highway speeds. My old Denali was lighter, and was equipped with a 6.2L V8. Overall, the QX80 is a beautiful vehicle, but for my taste, it can be lacking in a few key performance areas."

Brake paddle

By on Friday, January 16, 2015

"I just bought new 2015 QX80, but the brake paddle makes very noticeable noise, like squishy noise. That makes me feel very uncomfortable. I took it to the dealer after I bought it two weeks they said that is normal because the technology. That doesn't make sense to me. I had 2010 QX56 didn't had that issue. Technology suppose makes car better not worse. I called Infiniti consumer service. They have no Idea what I am talking about. Please don't leave me hanging here. Terrible service especially when you spent $75,000.00."

Not a bad vehicle, but overpriced.

By on Monday, November 03, 2014

"i purchased the fully loaded "tech" version @ almost 82,000.00 It's a nice vehicle, but after owning it for 3 mos., I feel it's overpriced. Admittedly we were enticed by the "hi tech, glitz, etc. features upon which we made our purchase decision. There were several service issues after purchase as well that you would NOT expect in a vehicle of this level which took over a week to repair due to the "waiting for parts" excuse. The Expedition or Navigator is a MUCH better value and more comfortable."

I am getting another!

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2014

"I have had a QX56 2007 and now a 2011. I have NEVER had to have my 2011 in for any warranty issues. Wonderful full-size SUV. I am actually in the process of getting the new 2015 QX80 with the DRL's."

Brake Issue Developes after 10K

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, size"

Cons: "Quality- un fixable breaking issue"

"The vehicle was a 10/10 for the first 10K. Now has developed a clicking in the brake pedal and also a humming noise when braking. Dealers have looked twice and have not been able to fix it. They claim this is the way it is and Infinity does not recommend a replacement of any parts. 75K vehicle and now this is what we get. Not high quality and not acceptable warranty service."