• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2012 Infiniti QX

8.3

Based on 28 Ratings for the 2010 - 2013 models.

Excellent value for the money

By on Monday, September 08, 2014

Pros: "pleasure to drive"

"Best SUV I have ever owned. More room, head room, leg room, etc. Best ride in its class!"

Good large SUV

By on Saturday, August 09, 2014

"Needed is large SUV to haul around six teenage boys plus gear 25 miles to school and back each day. Had an Acura MDX prior but they don't make a large vehicle so had to look around for something else. Checked out the Lexus, but the jump seats in the third row would not do. Suburban? too big, Sequoia? too truck like plus the service departments stink compared to what I had grown accustomed to with Acura (exceptional service), GMC? heard of several issues with things breaking and poor service again, Mercedes? Too expensive plus small inside, Volvo? way too small. So I tried the Infiniti Qx - the big boy I call it. It has a HUGE engine that roars (which is fine) and the interior is high quality and comfort. I can fit all the boys in comfortably for the 45-60 minute ride to school. The service department in town in great - almost as good as Acura. In the four years I have owned it only had an issue with the gas cap and the backup camera, but both were still under warranty so really not a problem. One slightly annoying issue is the heat and air conditioning - never gets warm enough in winter or cold enough in summer despite having it looked at a couple times. Must be a Nissan/Infiniti engineering issue. Last comment is that the value is not holding up very well - could be due to the newer body style released in 2011? I do see many of these on the road in my local area in the past couple years so they seem to be gaining in popularity. Hopefully that will reflect in my trade when I need to upgrade soon. Perhaps Acura will get on the stick and create that large SUV I have been waiting for....."

Not Really a Sport Utility Vehicle

By on Saturday, April 26, 2014

Pros: "Comfort inside"

Cons: "Not a Real Truck or SUV-- Very expensive to operat"

"the QX56 is a nice car. The interior is quite nice. The 4 Wheel drive can't handle mud or snow unless driving on a flat straight road. The car seems to have been designed with the interior in mind forgetting functionality. The Back is too high, and you have to lift cargo over a painted and usually scratched bumper. You can not open the rear window and if you need an 8 foot board you have to drive with the door wide open, because they didn't think to give you any way other than the windshield wiper to tie the door shut. There is also a shrill alarm that you can shut off. My car spent the first 45 days I owned in pieces on the dealership floor as the engine needed a significant repair and parts were not available. The car runs noisy and the navigation and other technology is terrible. I am trading mine in at a loss to go buy US Made Real SUV"

exceed expectations

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "Great in snow. Very comfy. Sporty look."

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I wanted the Lexus LX SUV. But it starts at $80,000+. I thought the Infinity was a better value around $65,000. Withing a few days I was no longer disappointed I didn't get the Lexus. This was great in a very snowy winter this past year. Never had a problem getting through the snow. Comfortable inside. Kids will confirm even third row is comfy. Great car. Would highly recommend."

Palace on wheels

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

Pros: "Lots of space, stylish, lots of power, comfortable"

Cons: "Poor to average Gas mileage, larger turning radius"

"I purchased this as my 3rd car to travel long distances with my family. This is so far my most comfortable ride equipped with all the power you would ever need. The drive quality is superb and the passengers have enough and more leg room in all the rows of seating (including the 3rd row; where 3 adults can be seated). THis vehicle is wrapped in luxury and high quality parts and features. I decided to get one with a bench in the second row so that I could install a car seat and works very well for me. The gas mileage is what is expected for a vehicle of this size and I am averaging around 14.5 mpg. This maynot be your everyday vehicle due to the gas mileage but would be a good addition and I wouldnot recommend this vehicle if this is going to be your only mode of transportation."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Infiniti QX near Honolulu. See local deals