• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2011 Infiniti QX

8.4

Based on 30 Ratings for the 2010 - 2013 models.

Pleasant surprise

By on Thursday, January 01, 2015

Pros: "Fit and Finish, engineering design and electronics"

Cons: "No remote start"

"I have had 3 Escalades in the past and was recently looking for another when I decided to take a look at a used 2011 QX56. The simplest way I can describe the difference between an Infinity and an Escalade is Mac and PC, Infinity being the MAC.... Outstanding fit and finish and it feels like a luxury car on the inside, the escalade feels like a Yukon with some fancy decorations ( I have owned a Yukon Denali as well). Its a totally different look and feel but I am extremely impressed so far, the technology in an 11 infinity is as good if not better than a 2014 Escalade. Standard features include headlight washers ( a real plus in winter climates) a 9 GB built in hard drive to store music or run you phone or iPod on bluetooth or USB. It has the same power I had in the escalade, but feels and rides like a true luxury vehicle. Leather on dash ( not hadd black plastic like on a caddy). Only criticism is a lack of remote start, but it supposed to be on the new QX80 versions. Its definitely has the presence and prestige inside and out. The caddy had nice presence on the outside but severely lacked on the inside. I am pretty sure this will be my new favourite vehicle!"

Most comfortable ride!

By on Friday, November 07, 2014

Pros: "Love that horse power!"

Cons: "Inconvenience of third row seat belt."

"The design is excellent and it's the most comfortable ride we have ever owned. Wish it made a little bit better gas mileage.I do like the horsepower. We do plan on purchasing another vehicle like this in the near future."

Excellent value for the money

By on Monday, September 08, 2014

Pros: "pleasure to drive"

"Best SUV I have ever owned. More room, head room, leg room, etc. Best ride in its class!"

Good large SUV

By on Saturday, August 09, 2014

"Needed is large SUV to haul around six teenage boys plus gear 25 miles to school and back each day. Had an Acura MDX prior but they don't make a large vehicle so had to look around for something else. Checked out the Lexus, but the jump seats in the third row would not do. Suburban? too big, Sequoia? too truck like plus the service departments stink compared to what I had grown accustomed to with Acura (exceptional service), GMC? heard of several issues with things breaking and poor service again, Mercedes? Too expensive plus small inside, Volvo? way too small. So I tried the Infiniti Qx - the big boy I call it. It has a HUGE engine that roars (which is fine) and the interior is high quality and comfort. I can fit all the boys in comfortably for the 45-60 minute ride to school. The service department in town in great - almost as good as Acura. In the four years I have owned it only had an issue with the gas cap and the backup camera, but both were still under warranty so really not a problem. One slightly annoying issue is the heat and air conditioning - never gets warm enough in winter or cold enough in summer despite having it looked at a couple times. Must be a Nissan/Infiniti engineering issue. Last comment is that the value is not holding up very well - could be due to the newer body style released in 2011? I do see many of these on the road in my local area in the past couple years so they seem to be gaining in popularity. Hopefully that will reflect in my trade when I need to upgrade soon. Perhaps Acura will get on the stick and create that large SUV I have been waiting for....."

Not Really a Sport Utility Vehicle

By on Saturday, April 26, 2014

Pros: "Comfort inside"

Cons: "Not a Real Truck or SUV-- Very expensive to operat"

"the QX56 is a nice car. The interior is quite nice. The 4 Wheel drive can't handle mud or snow unless driving on a flat straight road. The car seems to have been designed with the interior in mind forgetting functionality. The Back is too high, and you have to lift cargo over a painted and usually scratched bumper. You can not open the rear window and if you need an 8 foot board you have to drive with the door wide open, because they didn't think to give you any way other than the windshield wiper to tie the door shut. There is also a shrill alarm that you can shut off. My car spent the first 45 days I owned in pieces on the dealership floor as the engine needed a significant repair and parts were not available. The car runs noisy and the navigation and other technology is terrible. I am trading mine in at a loss to go buy US Made Real SUV"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Infiniti QX near Honolulu. See local deals