2014 Infiniti Q50 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $36,461 - $38,492.

Invoice N/A

10/8.0

8.0

Based on 25 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Not worth the money!

By on Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Pros: "aggressive styling"

Cons: "infotainment system, gas mileage"

"While I was attracted to this car for it's gorgeous design, I am thoroughly disappointed in the lack of attention to detail. The car has been back to the dealership numerous times for some minor annoyances (door lock issues, loud gas door actuator), etc. It has been in most for a major annoyance that doesn't seem to have a fix: the In Touch infotainment system. The system is extremely slow to respond, slow to load (or sometimes doesn't load at all). The dealer installs software updates but it doesn't seem to be a software issue; when starting the car it takes 60-90 seconds for the system to load, during which time the radio station and volume cannot be adjusted, the distance lines on the backup camera aren't available all while a "loading..." message appears on one of the 2 large touch screens. Aside from the horrible infotainment system, the car drives well enough and is somewhat comfortable. The gas mileage isn't stellar, and even driving very conservatively in ECO mode, I still struggle to achieve the low end of gas mileage reported on the sticker- on average 20 mpg. Compared to other luxury cars I have owned this one is on the very bottom of the list."

The 2015 Q50s is much improved over the 2014 model

By on Friday, March 06, 2015

Pros: "A fun car to drive, lots of power and luxury."

Cons: "All the cool options get the price up there"

"I have a 2015 Infiniti Q50s and I can say that the 2015 model is a great improvement over the 2014! The 2015 model has none of the lagging park control or slow response to touch screen items. The Direct Adaptive Steering is awesome! and is completely user configurable! You can select steering to be heavy medium or light, steering response quick, medium, or casual. You can superimpose an active radar weather map showing where the wind and rain is on your Nav map. There are many other very cool options on these car - look out Mercedes S class!"

Hybrid AWD with all the bells and whistles..

By on Thursday, January 29, 2015

Pros: "Design, fit and finish.. just a classy looking car"

Cons: "Trunk Space - Run Flat Tires"

"5 prior Infinity's and surely this car is fun to drive... I ditched those awful run flat tires for some Michelins.. Trunk space is very tight but enjoy driving the car. Would highly recommend this car to anyone.."

very awkward to enter and no trunk space

By on Monday, January 12, 2015

Cons: "low entrance very difficult to get in and NO trunk"

"Never buy at night and check trunk space. No way out of lease at all!"

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Pros: "looks great, nice interior, great sound system,"

Cons: "not responsive, terrible sounding exhaust"

"I've had this car for just over a year and I am very happy with it. It looks great and has some very nice features. I am a little disappointed with its performance. There is a huge amount of lag when accelerating and the drive feels somewhat disconnect. But this may just be the case because I am comparing it to my last car which was a 335i. Overall I would definitely recommend this to anyone who isn't trying to buy a true drivers car."

best blend of all that's great in a car

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

Pros: "acceleration, gas mileage, handling, stereo"

Cons: "want more apps (Pandora), no cooling seats"

"I've driven a lot of cars - about one new one every 2-3 years. I've test driven many of the Q50 competition. We've owned a G35X, G37X, IS350, ATS, GS350. Before I purchased the Q50 AWD Hybrid, I drove all of the competition. I thought I would go with a 335 X-drive but was disappointed in it's handling -surprisingly not as good as previous model series. ATS AWD handled better but was too slow and light (not as good in the Chicago snows) plus multiple design issues and CUE issues. So,I chose the Q50 AWD Hybrid and actually purchased it (typically always lease). I was hooked. Once I turned off most of the driving assistance tech and was in full control of my driving experience, I knew this was my favorite car. It accelerated like a rocket. It handled beautifully - turned corners at high speeds perfectly with barely any body lean. The directive adaptive steering is fun to play with - my favorite is Sport with either heavy or standard steering. The gas mileage averages 29 in the city, 34 on the highway. The Bose system is the best. The dual screens is one of the smartest moves. I hated having to choose between audio and navi on one screen when now I can see both at the same time. The car is solid,looks aggresive, love the headlights. All around impressive. Zero to 60 in 4.9 sec while getting 30MPH with great handling and great tunes... what more could you ask for?"

Powerful car, plenty of high tech

By on Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pros: "powerful engine, beautiful interior, nice drivin"

Cons: "no turbo or more horses"

"I bought this vehicle about a year ago, and I love it. Beautiful design with a price way more affordable than its competitors, you need to try one."

Beautiful car inside and out.

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

"This car is beautiful and a piece of art. The technology (navigation, menu) needs to be simplified and syncronized. It takes me twice as long to figure things out as it did with my Lexus. Driving a Lexus is like dating the good looking girl with an awesome personality. Driving an Infiniti is like dating the hot chick who has some issues..."

Could be a Great Car, but Extras Ruin It

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pros: "Good Handling, Seat Comfort and Room, Well-Built"

Cons: "DAS, InTouch, Trunk Space"

"The Q50 has the potential to be a terrific choice in the rear-wheel-drive sport sedan segment. The handling of the "S" model in particular is pretty good for a sport-tuned vehicle, with great cornering and a flat ride that’s not too stiff. With the standard steering system and not the Direct Adaptive Steering, aka “steer-by-wire” (more to come on that), the steering is precise and has a nice weighted feel to it. If you were to buy a base model or “S” model without any option packages, then I think you will be a happy owner and consider this as a 5-star car. It’s the extra features that ruin the Q50. If you read most negative reviews of the Q50, you will notice the great majority of them complain about the Q50’s tech features like the Direct Adaptive Steering (DAS) system or the InTouch infotainment system. Those reviews are right on. Both systems have flaws and it is obvious Infiniti should not have put in a production vehicle quite yet. I’m not going to elaborate too much on the issues since others have already said them, and I can confirm that I experience the same issues as others have written about. Unfortunately, InTouch is standard on all Q50 cars, so even the base Q50 model comes plagued with issues in regards to the audio system or climate controls. Also, Infiniti has structured their option packages in such a way that to get some simple options like memory seats or a fold-down seatback, you HAVE to also get DAS. One other negative that I haven’t seen mentioned is the trunk space. Again, Infiniti poorly designed the trunk that the spare tire (an extra option) takes up a significant amount of the trunk’s depth. As a result, the trunk is very shallow and can barely fit large items like a large suitcase. I’m fortunate that I leased my 2014 Q50 and am already looking forward to returning it next year. If Infiniti can make the DAS a truly optional feature (and not tied into any option packages), plus resolve the issues with InTouch and make it stable then I would consider leasing another Q50. Otherwise, I will be moving to a different brand."

Good first effort but needs more work

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "Great design, great car to drive"

Cons: "Electronics is very slow"

"I love my Q50 AWD and think it's a great car. The problem is that Infiniti did not finish the project before they started selling it. The electronics were a disaster. My steering went out 3 times during sub-zero weather and the updates for the very slow touch system are slow in coming. The manual has things the car can do but they still can't. Should have been a wish manual. Electronics very slow and re-boots every time you start the car - at about 90 seconds a crack. I'm pretty sure the 2015 will be better."

The worst new car I ever purchased.

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "Powerful engine"

Cons: "Unreliable, error messages"

"My Infiniti Q50 is only 8 months old and has been recalled twice, had a leaking differential seal, 2 sensors went bad, numerous error messages, even one telling me to shut the car off, software issues along with screen issues. I no longer have any confidence in this vehicle and I certainly regret this purchase. Infiniti will not take back this Lemon, so I now have to research my state's Lemon Law."

best car i ever owned

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive great looks lots of gadgets"

Cons: "nine"

"this is the best car i ever owned"

best overall option in price range

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "performance, tech features, fuel economy, looks"

Cons: "some tech glitches, either love or hate the DAS"

"I have a Hybrid Premium AWD and really enjoy the car. It gets mixed reviews particularly from the traditional automotive press largely because of their dislike for the steer by wire system (DAS). It seems like reviews either love or hate the car. Do yourself a favor and just drive the car and see what you think. If the steering doesn't bother you don't worry about the reviews. I like the steering just fine and it allows you to tweak things more to your liking if you choose. The performance is great and the ride good though I found the Sports models to be a bit firm of a ride (those 19" RFTs are stiff!). The Sports seats were nicer but unfortunately can't be had as an a la carte item. It has a bunch of tech in it - probably more than just about any other car on the road - and they are still tweaking it with updates. It works just fine but will work even better over time. I don't understand the guy who said it doesn't have sonar, it has that option and still comes in cheaper or competitive with similar configs from other makers. I marked it down for reliability and quality just because of the computer glitches they are patching up but these really don't take much from the car. You just have to like the steering - if you don't you won't like the car either. And it is pretty nice that you can average 30 mpg in a car that goes 0-60 in 5.1 seconds yet can plow through poorly cleared winter roads but still pamper you."

Luxury fun, runflat tires make HARD suspension

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive. good milage for big engine."

Cons: "Close to $60K w/ext warrentee & maint. agreement"

"Love the car. Computer in dash slow and not intuitive. Can't see display most of the time. Needs dark windows. Rides HARD. Feel every bump due to runflat tires. Still love the car."

Excellent value for the $$$

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "Price , driving pleasure , power , electronics"

Cons: "needs improvement in touch interface"

"We test drove BMW 3 series and A4 . But after driving Q50 premium, i'll never go back to the Germans .I think they have to do lots of catch up in providing driver comforts . When compared to Q50 they both look way behind . So far enjoying every bit of it . Even received compliments on the looks ( chestnut bronze + Wheat leather )."

Goodlooking but not well executed vehicle

By on Sunday, December 08, 2013

Pros: "good looking inside and outside"

Cons: "brakes, steering, computer system"

"I own the sport hybrid version. The steering and braking are very odd as many car reviewers have noted. Things that have not been noted is the lack of sonar of a 50K car, directional lines on the backup camera that are non functional (can take over 2 minutes to come on due to very slow processor), computer system that needs frequent rebooting and so far.. over 50 "upgrades" to the computer system. This car in my opinion is not ready for primetime."

Sporty, luxurious and safe

By on Friday, November 29, 2013

Pros: "stylish, fun to drive, great technology,"

Cons: "i wish the package deals were more flexible"

"I bought the Q50S with the deluxe and touring package about 2 months ago. I have enjoyed my commute to and back from work more than ever in my life. The lane guidance system, and various other safety features are a great plus, especially when you are tired driving home after a long day at work. The strong pick up and changeable driving modes (sporty, eco modes, etc) are very handy. The Q50 is very quick/fast and should be careful if you are not used to the acceleration, but very enjoyable and handy to maneuver through traffic in a safe manner as well. A truly remarkable automobile, with very stylish design and makes you want to keep looking at the car, again and again. A great choice if you are in the market for a sporty sedan."

2014 Infiniti Q50 a great value.

By on Monday, November 04, 2013

Pros: "The best sports sedan in the less than 50k price."

Cons: "none thus far"

"My lease just came up on my 2011 Cadillac CTS. The CTS was a base car, no sunroof, heated seats, leather seats, etc.. I leased the deluxe 2014 Q50, this is by far the nicest car on the market in this price range. Plenty of extras that I am trying to get used too. If you are in the market for a sports sedan, do yourself a favor and test this baby. Wonderful car for the bucks."

Q50 Premium AWD, Tech, Deluxe, sport wheels, etc.

By on Thursday, October 31, 2013

"Very nice car! No alternative on the market. Perfect size for the luxury sport sedan. Quality feel inside and out. Expecting better than average reliability, even with all those bells and whistles inside. Quiet interior, sporty ride. Literally can drive itself, when you feel like that. No way you can rear-end anyone, tested. Sport wheels looks nice... but, those runflat Dunlops, OMG, what a waste of rubber: noisy, stiff, won't last long, expensive to replace, wish they were Michelin Primacy. InTouch software is still heavily in the works, it even managed to screw the Bose audio settings, as I understand. Had to drop Bass level close to 0, and move Trembles higher to get dissent sound. I would also expect to see a bit richer audio controls. Expecting many OS/firmware upgrades down the road."

I love this car! Power, steering, amazing

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pros: "Power, steering, interior, sharp looks, fun!"

Cons: "Lots of tech to learn at first"

"I have the gas model AWD model. I love the ride on this car and I have the run flat tires. I've found this car handles as well as the A4 and 3 series that I test drove multiple times. The power is second to none and the interior is beautifully and tastefully laid out. The center stack is just beautiful and the car absolutely turns heads. I think Infiniti is on to great things."

Q50S has real stiff ride. Bad Sound System.

By on Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pros: "Styling, Price, Driving modes."

Cons: "Sound system, Ride quality"

"After 3 weeks and 800 miles I have to say that the ride quality on the Q50S is way too stiff and troublesome. I get to work and I feel like I took a punch to the kidneys. I traded in a 2009 Maxima sport that had a stiff suspension but great ride quality. Had a 2002 3 Series before that with sport suspension and great ride quality. I'm thinking the run-flat tires on the Q50 are the culprit. I may have to switch to regular tires. Got to check with the dealer. Riding on a flat road is a dream though. Local everyday roads can be a nightmare. The steer by wire is kind of cool but takes a bit getting used to, especially while rounding corners quickly. Definitely has a different feel. I just don't get how bad the sound system is. Worst of any car I've ever owned. I don't think it's the bose speakers, has something to do with the radio. Gonna check with dealer on that too. I hope its just a software update. Keeping my fingers crossed."

If you like power and luxury, buy a Q50

By on Saturday, September 14, 2013

I want this car

Pros: "Absolute joy to drive. Great power. Nice interior."

Cons: "Hybrid battery could have more power up front"

"I have owned a G35 for many years and are looking for a replacement. I have liked my G, so I waited for the Q to come out. I test drove the hybrid and the Q50 sport. I have to say, I did not like the hybrid. If you are moving from a hybrid, it is probably fine. I did not like the "lag" you experience in the power off the line due to the engine shutting off and only having battery power. I guess I was expecting it to be more like the Tesla:). However, when I got in the gas only sport model, I was impressed with the power and braking over my G35. It isn't any better than the G37 it replaced, but, nonetheless, it is impressive. The Bose studio on wheels is simply amazing. Overall, I really liked the interior. The only negative I had was I didn't care for the radio controls (minor point). I have read that the roof line is a problem. I am 6' 1" and I didn't notice this. Not to say it isn't a problem, but it couldn't have been that bad I didn't notice. As for the exterior, I really like the updated wheels and front end of the sport. Curb appeal is very good on this car. Bottom line, I am in negotiations to purchase the G37 Sport."

Simply the best car out there in this luxury class

By on Thursday, September 05, 2013

Pros: "Curb appeal, gas efficiency and amazing HP"

Cons: "Need more color options for seating and roof line"

"My wife and I have been shopping for a new vehicle for the past year and wre specifically looking at the entry level luxury market, I.e. Lexus IS, BMW 3 series, Audi A4, and Mercedes C class. When test driving all of these vehicles, we realized only the BMW had character unless you decided to go wih the S line in Audi, or the F sport in Lexus, which does not add much character to begin with, or an AMG with Mercedes. Of course this adds to the bottom line significantly and also takes away from fuel economy. We own the Hybrid S Q50 and boy oh boy, does this car rock. It is fast, sleek looking, curb appeal to the max, and great on gas efficiency. We get close to 33 MPG Highway and 30 city. This car not only offers tech that no other car offers, but it also gives you a chance to drive with performance and save at the pump. The Hygani Blue is just melting desire with a luxuris interior including NASA inspired seats, a tablet system interface and my oh my Bose studio on wheels is one of the industry's best. For 56K this car is worth every penny and rivals the best of the the elite german's with suped up engines costing you about 15 to 25 K more. Test drive the car yourself, and you will see the amazing performance and tech. Don't go for the gas engine and the run flat tires, it doesn't do the car justice. You need to get the hybrid sports performance if you want to experience what Infiniti inteded their customers to experience."

Amazing!

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "reasonable price vs to bmw 3 series with v6 power"

"Great car, test drove it and its great if you want power and comfort! Its everything you would expect from a luxury car."

Really disappointing in the test drive

By on Saturday, August 10, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Quite disappointing after all the hype"

Cons: "Superficial makeover; not a smooth transmission"

"Have been Infiniti loyal customers for 18 years; are due for a new ride--though holding on to our G35 6MT because we love it so much. Had high anticipation after all the Q50 hype. As car enthusiasts with 2 long-owned, well loved BMWs, we thought we'd be getting the new Q. We test drove and were shocked by the jerkiness of transmission as it shifted--not smooth at all. Interior seemed small and a bit crowded compared to other cars we test drove recently and compared to our G35. Head room not great. Handling OK, but nothing to get excited about. Back seat not too roomy. The plastic grill seemed cheap. The wavy rear vent window chrome trim seemed kitchy--not luxury or classic. We were happy to get back into our 6MT G35 sedan when test drive was over. Felt like all the to-do about the "all new" design was a sham. Seemed like a cosmetic do-over at best, with an unimpressive auto-transmission. The paddle shifters to the left and right of steering wheel column for the tiptronic pseudomanual shifting were hokey. And the "packages" required to get the features you really want (like the rear backup warning system) are a real scam because of their interdependency. The safety features one would want aren't available unless you take all the electronic bells and whistles, like navigation, which we could care less about. We left very disappointed and wondering where we go from here because we just don't see the value--we were quoted $55K for the loaded sport version and it just wasn't worth it. Our G35 was a much better value when we bought it 10 years ago. We will definitely hang on to our G35 6MT until it dies--and there is no sign of that happening anytime soon. As for finding a new car, we will have to find something else that excites us. Ironically, we tested a Genesis at a friend's urging and were shocked at how great a ride and handling it gave. Maybe we'll have to give it a second look."