2014 Infiniti Q50 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $37,215 - $39,038.

Invoice N/A

10/8.0

8.4

Based on 20 Ratings for the 2014 - 2014 models.

best blend of all that's great in a car

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

Pros: "acceleration, gas mileage, handling, stereo"

Cons: "want more apps (Pandora), no cooling seats"

"I've driven a lot of cars - about one new one every 2-3 years. I've test driven many of the Q50 competition. We've owned a G35X, G37X, IS350, ATS, GS350. Before I purchased the Q50 AWD Hybrid, I drove all of the competition. I thought I would go with a 335 X-drive but was disappointed in it's handling -surprisingly not as good as previous model series. ATS AWD handled better but was too slow and light (not as good in the Chicago snows) plus multiple design issues and CUE issues. So,I chose the Q50 AWD Hybrid and actually purchased it (typically always lease). I was hooked. Once I turned off most of the driving assistance tech and was in full control of my driving experience, I knew this was my favorite car. It accelerated like a rocket. It handled beautifully - turned corners at high speeds perfectly with barely any body lean. The directive adaptive steering is fun to play with - my favorite is Sport with either heavy or standard steering. The gas mileage averages 29 in the city, 34 on the highway. The Bose system is the best. The dual screens is one of the smartest moves. I hated having to choose between audio and navi on one screen when now I can see both at the same time. The car is solid,looks aggresive, love the headlights. All around impressive. Zero to 60 in 4.9 sec while getting 30MPH with great handling and great tunes... what more could you ask for?"

Powerful car, plenty of high tech

By on Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pros: "powerful engine, beautiful interior, nice drivin"

Cons: "no turbo or more horses"

"I bought this vehicle about a year ago, and I love it. Beautiful design with a price way more affordable than its competitors, you need to try one."

Beautiful car inside and out.

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

"This car is beautiful and a piece of art. The technology (navigation, menu) needs to be simplified and syncronized. It takes me twice as long to figure things out as it did with my Lexus. Driving a Lexus is like dating the good looking girl with an awesome personality. Driving an Infiniti is like dating the hot chick who has some issues..."

Could be a Great Car, but Extras Ruin It

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pros: "Good Handling, Seat Comfort and Room, Well-Built"

Cons: "DAS, InTouch, Trunk Space"

"The Q50 has the potential to be a terrific choice in the rear-wheel-drive sport sedan segment. The handling of the "S" model in particular is pretty good for a sport-tuned vehicle, with great cornering and a flat ride that’s not too stiff. With the standard steering system and not the Direct Adaptive Steering, aka “steer-by-wire” (more to come on that), the steering is precise and has a nice weighted feel to it. If you were to buy a base model or “S” model without any option packages, then I think you will be a happy owner and consider this as a 5-star car. It’s the extra features that ruin the Q50. If you read most negative reviews of the Q50, you will notice the great majority of them complain about the Q50’s tech features like the Direct Adaptive Steering (DAS) system or the InTouch infotainment system. Those reviews are right on. Both systems have flaws and it is obvious Infiniti should not have put in a production vehicle quite yet. I’m not going to elaborate too much on the issues since others have already said them, and I can confirm that I experience the same issues as others have written about. Unfortunately, InTouch is standard on all Q50 cars, so even the base Q50 model comes plagued with issues in regards to the audio system or climate controls. Also, Infiniti has structured their option packages in such a way that to get some simple options like memory seats or a fold-down seatback, you HAVE to also get DAS. One other negative that I haven’t seen mentioned is the trunk space. Again, Infiniti poorly designed the trunk that the spare tire (an extra option) takes up a significant amount of the trunk’s depth. As a result, the trunk is very shallow and can barely fit large items like a large suitcase. I’m fortunate that I leased my 2014 Q50 and am already looking forward to returning it next year. If Infiniti can make the DAS a truly optional feature (and not tied into any option packages), plus resolve the issues with InTouch and make it stable then I would consider leasing another Q50. Otherwise, I will be moving to a different brand."

Good first effort but needs more work

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "Great design, great car to drive"

Cons: "Electronics is very slow"

"I love my Q50 AWD and think it's a great car. The problem is that Infiniti did not finish the project before they started selling it. The electronics were a disaster. My steering went out 3 times during sub-zero weather and the updates for the very slow touch system are slow in coming. The manual has things the car can do but they still can't. Should have been a wish manual. Electronics very slow and re-boots every time you start the car - at about 90 seconds a crack. I'm pretty sure the 2015 will be better."

The worst new car I ever purchased.

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "Powerful engine"

Cons: "Unreliable, error messages"

"My Infiniti Q50 is only 8 months old and has been recalled twice, had a leaking differential seal, 2 sensors went bad, numerous error messages, even one telling me to shut the car off, software issues along with screen issues. I no longer have any confidence in this vehicle and I certainly regret this purchase. Infiniti will not take back this Lemon, so I now have to research my state's Lemon Law."

best car i ever owned

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive great looks lots of gadgets"

Cons: "nine"

"this is the best car i ever owned"

best overall option in price range

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "performance, tech features, fuel economy, looks"

Cons: "some tech glitches, either love or hate the DAS"

"I have a Hybrid Premium AWD and really enjoy the car. It gets mixed reviews particularly from the traditional automotive press largely because of their dislike for the steer by wire system (DAS). It seems like reviews either love or hate the car. Do yourself a favor and just drive the car and see what you think. If the steering doesn't bother you don't worry about the reviews. I like the steering just fine and it allows you to tweak things more to your liking if you choose. The performance is great and the ride good though I found the Sports models to be a bit firm of a ride (those 19" RFTs are stiff!). The Sports seats were nicer but unfortunately can't be had as an a la carte item. It has a bunch of tech in it - probably more than just about any other car on the road - and they are still tweaking it with updates. It works just fine but will work even better over time. I don't understand the guy who said it doesn't have sonar, it has that option and still comes in cheaper or competitive with similar configs from other makers. I marked it down for reliability and quality just because of the computer glitches they are patching up but these really don't take much from the car. You just have to like the steering - if you don't you won't like the car either. And it is pretty nice that you can average 30 mpg in a car that goes 0-60 in 5.1 seconds yet can plow through poorly cleared winter roads but still pamper you."

Luxury fun, runflat tires make HARD suspension

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive. good milage for big engine."

Cons: "Close to $60K w/ext warrentee & maint. agreement"

"Love the car. Computer in dash slow and not intuitive. Can't see display most of the time. Needs dark windows. Rides HARD. Feel every bump due to runflat tires. Still love the car."

Excellent value for the $$$

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "Price , driving pleasure , power , electronics"

Cons: "needs improvement in touch interface"

"We test drove BMW 3 series and A4 . But after driving Q50 premium, i'll never go back to the Germans .I think they have to do lots of catch up in providing driver comforts . When compared to Q50 they both look way behind . So far enjoying every bit of it . Even received compliments on the looks ( chestnut bronze + Wheat leather )."