2014 Infiniti Q50 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $34,287 - $36,262.

Invoice N/A

10/8.0

8.1

Based on 27 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Sporty, luxurious and safe

By on Friday, November 29, 2013

Pros: "stylish, fun to drive, great technology,"

Cons: "i wish the package deals were more flexible"

"I bought the Q50S with the deluxe and touring package about 2 months ago. I have enjoyed my commute to and back from work more than ever in my life. The lane guidance system, and various other safety features are a great plus, especially when you are tired driving home after a long day at work. The strong pick up and changeable driving modes (sporty, eco modes, etc) are very handy. The Q50 is very quick/fast and should be careful if you are not used to the acceleration, but very enjoyable and handy to maneuver through traffic in a safe manner as well. A truly remarkable automobile, with very stylish design and makes you want to keep looking at the car, again and again. A great choice if you are in the market for a sporty sedan."

Excellent value for the $$$

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "Price , driving pleasure , power , electronics"

Cons: "needs improvement in touch interface"

"We test drove BMW 3 series and A4 . But after driving Q50 premium, i'll never go back to the Germans .I think they have to do lots of catch up in providing driver comforts . When compared to Q50 they both look way behind . So far enjoying every bit of it . Even received compliments on the looks ( chestnut bronze + Wheat leather )."

The worst new car I ever purchased.

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "Powerful engine"

Cons: "Unreliable, error messages"

"My Infiniti Q50 is only 8 months old and has been recalled twice, had a leaking differential seal, 2 sensors went bad, numerous error messages, even one telling me to shut the car off, software issues along with screen issues. I no longer have any confidence in this vehicle and I certainly regret this purchase. Infiniti will not take back this Lemon, so I now have to research my state's Lemon Law."

If you like power and luxury, buy a Q50

By on Saturday, September 14, 2013

I want this car

Pros: "Absolute joy to drive. Great power. Nice interior."

Cons: "Hybrid battery could have more power up front"

"I have owned a G35 for many years and are looking for a replacement. I have liked my G, so I waited for the Q to come out. I test drove the hybrid and the Q50 sport. I have to say, I did not like the hybrid. If you are moving from a hybrid, it is probably fine. I did not like the "lag" you experience in the power off the line due to the engine shutting off and only having battery power. I guess I was expecting it to be more like the Tesla:). However, when I got in the gas only sport model, I was impressed with the power and braking over my G35. It isn't any better than the G37 it replaced, but, nonetheless, it is impressive. The Bose studio on wheels is simply amazing. Overall, I really liked the interior. The only negative I had was I didn't care for the radio controls (minor point). I have read that the roof line is a problem. I am 6' 1" and I didn't notice this. Not to say it isn't a problem, but it couldn't have been that bad I didn't notice. As for the exterior, I really like the updated wheels and front end of the sport. Curb appeal is very good on this car. Bottom line, I am in negotiations to purchase the G37 Sport."

best overall option in price range

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "performance, tech features, fuel economy, looks"

Cons: "some tech glitches, either love or hate the DAS"

"I have a Hybrid Premium AWD and really enjoy the car. It gets mixed reviews particularly from the traditional automotive press largely because of their dislike for the steer by wire system (DAS). It seems like reviews either love or hate the car. Do yourself a favor and just drive the car and see what you think. If the steering doesn't bother you don't worry about the reviews. I like the steering just fine and it allows you to tweak things more to your liking if you choose. The performance is great and the ride good though I found the Sports models to be a bit firm of a ride (those 19" RFTs are stiff!). The Sports seats were nicer but unfortunately can't be had as an a la carte item. It has a bunch of tech in it - probably more than just about any other car on the road - and they are still tweaking it with updates. It works just fine but will work even better over time. I don't understand the guy who said it doesn't have sonar, it has that option and still comes in cheaper or competitive with similar configs from other makers. I marked it down for reliability and quality just because of the computer glitches they are patching up but these really don't take much from the car. You just have to like the steering - if you don't you won't like the car either. And it is pretty nice that you can average 30 mpg in a car that goes 0-60 in 5.1 seconds yet can plow through poorly cleared winter roads but still pamper you."

Beautiful car inside and out.

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

"This car is beautiful and a piece of art. The technology (navigation, menu) needs to be simplified and syncronized. It takes me twice as long to figure things out as it did with my Lexus. Driving a Lexus is like dating the good looking girl with an awesome personality. Driving an Infiniti is like dating the hot chick who has some issues..."

Simply the best car out there in this luxury class

By on Thursday, September 05, 2013

Pros: "Curb appeal, gas efficiency and amazing HP"

Cons: "Need more color options for seating and roof line"

"My wife and I have been shopping for a new vehicle for the past year and wre specifically looking at the entry level luxury market, I.e. Lexus IS, BMW 3 series, Audi A4, and Mercedes C class. When test driving all of these vehicles, we realized only the BMW had character unless you decided to go wih the S line in Audi, or the F sport in Lexus, which does not add much character to begin with, or an AMG with Mercedes. Of course this adds to the bottom line significantly and also takes away from fuel economy. We own the Hybrid S Q50 and boy oh boy, does this car rock. It is fast, sleek looking, curb appeal to the max, and great on gas efficiency. We get close to 33 MPG Highway and 30 city. This car not only offers tech that no other car offers, but it also gives you a chance to drive with performance and save at the pump. The Hygani Blue is just melting desire with a luxuris interior including NASA inspired seats, a tablet system interface and my oh my Bose studio on wheels is one of the industry's best. For 56K this car is worth every penny and rivals the best of the the elite german's with suped up engines costing you about 15 to 25 K more. Test drive the car yourself, and you will see the amazing performance and tech. Don't go for the gas engine and the run flat tires, it doesn't do the car justice. You need to get the hybrid sports performance if you want to experience what Infiniti inteded their customers to experience."

I love this car! Power, steering, amazing

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pros: "Power, steering, interior, sharp looks, fun!"

Cons: "Lots of tech to learn at first"

"I have the gas model AWD model. I love the ride on this car and I have the run flat tires. I've found this car handles as well as the A4 and 3 series that I test drove multiple times. The power is second to none and the interior is beautifully and tastefully laid out. The center stack is just beautiful and the car absolutely turns heads. I think Infiniti is on to great things."

2014 Infiniti Q50 a great value.

By on Monday, November 04, 2013

Pros: "The best sports sedan in the less than 50k price."

Cons: "none thus far"

"My lease just came up on my 2011 Cadillac CTS. The CTS was a base car, no sunroof, heated seats, leather seats, etc.. I leased the deluxe 2014 Q50, this is by far the nicest car on the market in this price range. Plenty of extras that I am trying to get used too. If you are in the market for a sports sedan, do yourself a favor and test this baby. Wonderful car for the bucks."

Q50 Premium AWD, Tech, Deluxe, sport wheels, etc.

By on Thursday, October 31, 2013

"Very nice car! No alternative on the market. Perfect size for the luxury sport sedan. Quality feel inside and out. Expecting better than average reliability, even with all those bells and whistles inside. Quiet interior, sporty ride. Literally can drive itself, when you feel like that. No way you can rear-end anyone, tested. Sport wheels looks nice... but, those runflat Dunlops, OMG, what a waste of rubber: noisy, stiff, won't last long, expensive to replace, wish they were Michelin Primacy. InTouch software is still heavily in the works, it even managed to screw the Bose audio settings, as I understand. Had to drop Bass level close to 0, and move Trembles higher to get dissent sound. I would also expect to see a bit richer audio controls. Expecting many OS/firmware upgrades down the road."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next