• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2013 Infiniti M Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $40,911 - $43,782.

Invoice N/A

10/7.9

8.1

Based on 33 Ratings for the 2011 - 2013 models.

Fourth Infiniti

By on Thursday, July 05, 2012

Pros: "Great overall value"

Cons: "wind noise"

"This is my fouth Infiniti. I've had a g35,and g37, and an M35, and now this M37, so I feel I have a good feel for the brand. All of the cars in this class are compromises between luxury and sportiness, thats why I vacillate between the G and the M. This M has the best interior appointments of any of the others. The electronics are easy to operate (no PHD needed)and they can be operated by buttons,touch screen, or voice commands.The drive is on the firm side, which can be adjusted by the mode switch in the center console. My car has cooled seats, which is a great option I really missed on my G. The only real gripe I have is there is some wind noise over 50mph. The reliability of these cars is very good in my experience. And my dealer has always been accomodating."

You get what you pay for!

By on Saturday, October 02, 2010

"I've owned my 2011 M56x for just under 4 months, have just undere 7000 miles. I can't stop driving it. There is nothing,I mean nothing I don't like about the car. The way it handles, the confort levels, the extras, from the stereo, to the weather. I've had many many compliments on the car, actually have had people leave notes & there numbers to call them back, just so they could look at it. As far as MPG, I get 18-20 in town and upto 25 on the highway.. It's smooth, comfortable & just a pleasure to drive. I tested the Lexus, MB, Audi & Bentley prior to my purchase. Dollar for Dollar, this is the best buy. The warranty alone is better than any other vehicle on the market. You won't be disappointed with, trust me. I you don't like it, your not a true car guy!!"

Best vehicle I have ever owned!!!

By on Monday, October 10, 2011

"I bought this car on Aug 3, 2011. I am retired and wanted a luxury car. I drove them all. The Infiniti M37x has all the features I want and more. As you can see, I don't put a lot of miles on a car anymore. However, I can hardly wait for any reason to go for a drive. This car has power, looks, power and did I mention, POWER. At 330 HP, it is the most powerful V6 I have ever driven. Coupled with the 7 speed transmission, you have on demand power throughout the entire drive range. Awsome!!! My only complaint, (if one can call it that), is the requirement for premium fuel. In reality, this is a none problem for me because I traded in an Acura that also required premium, so I had already become used to the higher price. Look at this car if you are seriously in the market for a premium luxury automobile. It lets you feel the road, hold the road and drive the car. Some other luxury cars I drove made me feel like I was isolated from the road, too much. For me, the Infiniti is the one."

Great Styling!!!!

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, nice quality, amazing styling!"

Cons: "Maybe more "perks" for $50k"

"Loving this car so far. I have owned it since 5/2011 and it's been great so far. I love the styling - just absolutely beautiful lines on this model. I have only had one issue with it so far and that was a film covering over part of the steering wheel began peeling. I'm getting it fixed this Saturday. Other than that it has been great. I never owned anything but Hondas and Acuras and those have been amazing. My M37 seems to have equal quality and fitting. The ride is really nice. Smooth - like a luxury car should be. The engine is amazing and I love the ECO, Sport and Standard options. I run in ECO most of the time to save gas but when needed, the sport mode really utilizes the 330hp engine!!! I love the push button start - never had that before. Only 2 negatives about the car are the smallish trunk - actually smaller than my 2004 Acura TL had, and the side mirrors are not heated. A little shocking considering the $50K price tag. But the heated/air conditioned seats are wonderful as is the heated steering wheel. They don't utilize space with the same ingenuity that Honda/Acura does, but it's still a very nicely put together car. Unless something goes really wrong with this car it's a keeper. Nice room in the cabin too. Very intuitive controls. I test drove the BMW 5-series and HATED the control knob (iDrive?) - very non-intuitive and the ride was far heavier and sluggish than my M37."

great car for the price and features

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Pros: "Great price, features and quality"

Cons: "gas mileage a little on the lower side"

"Great car for the price and the features offered. I have the Technology Package, which has everything that you can imagine on a car, it nearly drives itself. Very smooth ride and very sharp and sporty looking. GREAT combination of luxury ride and sports car ride. Interior well appointed and has a luxurious look and feel."

EXCELLENT CAR OVERALL

By on Monday, April 09, 2012

Pros: "GREAT CAR IN ALL ASPECTS"

Cons: "NONE"

"GREAT AND SPECIAL LOOK. SUPER HANDLING ON THE ROAD, SILENT DRIVE AND BEAUTIFULL INTERIOR. YOU CAN FEEL THE POWER IN EVERY TURN, WITH THE CONFIDENCE OF A SECURE STEERING. PERFECT LEATHER TOUCH IN THE LUXURY EDITION WITH SILVER ASH FINISH. THE BOSE SYSTEM IS SUPERIOR WITH THE 16 SPEAKERS."

Great driving vehicle, a "z" car in luxury box

By on Monday, November 28, 2011

Pros: "great price, blast to drive, like sports car"

Cons: "road noise sometimes, I think from tires not car"

"I have enjoyed having this car, it is truely a joy to drive every time I get in it. This is my wifes car and going from a full size suv to this size car was an adjustment for her."

THIS IS THE SECOND M 56, WE OWNED THE 2011 MODEL

By on Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pros: "PERFORM. IS INCRED., THE CORVETTE IS INTIMIDATED!"

"DUE TO MY WIFE HAVING PUT 50000 MILES ON IT IN 29 MONTHS AND HAVING TRADED IN THE LAST 9 NEW VEHICLES WHEN OUR MILEAGE GOT AROUND 50000 WE HAVE ALWAYS SELECTED TO GET ANOTHER NEW CAR FOR THE LAST 20 PLUS YEARS. WE WERE VERY SATISFIED WITH THE M 56 OVER ALL AND THE LAST ONE WAS BLACK, THIS CAR IS STORM FRONT GRAY WITH BLACK INTERIOR AND CREME ARM REST AND SEATS ALSO THE CONSOLE. BEING VERY PLEASE WITH THE NEW EMERGENCY RESPONSE SYSTEM AND OTHER NEW ADDITIONS AS WELL AS PERFORMANCE IS WHY WE CHOOSE THE SAME CAR AGAIN WITH MORE ADDED FEATURES. WE WOULD CONSIDER THE SAME CAR AGAIN WHEN THE MILAGE GETS CLOSE TO 50000."

my best vehicle so far.

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "great handling, good take off, aerodynamics, safe"

Cons: "side markers,repetitive functions"

"i previously own a 2007 M45 and this car was a good replacement. More people underestimate this car because it's a four door and they quickly appreciate how fast this car is."

Great performance and comfort.

By on Monday, January 30, 2012

Pros: "Performance and comfort"

Cons: "Gas milage"

"The seats are great for long distance travel. It has plenty of power. The gas milage could be better."

By on Thursday, October 07, 2010

"I love the car, had a 2006 M35 before the M37. Out 130K miles on the M35 never had a problem, have 10K on the M37 one problem with the USB port but the dealer fixed on first oil change. Its well appointed on the inside full of safety items, drives better than a E350 I test drove before purchaseing the M37."

Excellent Sport Sedan

By on Sunday, November 25, 2012

Pros: "high quality, reliability, outstanding interior"

Cons: "Hard navigation system to master."

"I have owned this car since August 2011 and now have over 16000 miles on it. It has never needed anything but regular oil changes. The ride quality, acceleration, and quality are comparable to my last car a Lexus LS-460. I got the Deluxe Touring Package which gives you the outstanding Analine Leather interior and rear sunshade. If you can get a car with it, do it. I know it comes in the Lexus also, as an option package. It's worth the expense. The only negative about the car is the Infiniti navigation system which I find hard to master. Other than that problem, the car is great and even if I had more money I wouldn't buy anything else. I considered the BMW 535 and Lexus GS-350. I didn't like the front grill on the Lexus or the unreliability reputation of the BMW. Lexus and Infiniti give you a Lexus or Infiniti loaner car when in for service while BMW uses Enterprise rental cars. You will also find the Lexus and Infiniti dealerships and service superior to most other car dealerships."

Horrible road noise overshadows power & styling

By on Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pros: "Plenty of power, great styling in and out"

Cons: "Horrible road. Taking a bath to get rid of it."

"On paper and in the flesh, this M56 is a beautiful car. Gorgeous styling inside and out, inviting cabin, and loads of power and torque. But get this beast on anything other that a glass-smooth pavement and the road noise is just awful. I spent the extra few thousand for the Deluxe Touring Package, which bought me the Bose sound system. What a waste of money. At 55 mph, the volume on this multi-hundred watt system has to be at 3/4 full power to drown out the road noise. Rear seat passengers get a full blast of road noise from the rear wheel arches just behind them. At 70 mph on the freeway, it's hard to hold a conversation with the front seat passenger. Avoid this car."

BMW 5 Series watchout

By on Thursday, May 05, 2011

"I know, I know, I can hear it now. Come on it is a Nissan, it is Japanese etc. I was that guy i was skeptic as well. I have been a long time BMW driver. I drove the 2011 535 xi hard, and did deep research. This car BLOWS it away. Now I will say that Infiniti does not have the brand flash like BMW, but to be honest BMW is not what it used to be. It is now a German Buick. Reliability-check, fit and finish-check, power-check."

Do not buy this car. Transmission issues abound

By on Friday, October 05, 2012

Pros: "beautiful styling, fast when punched"

Cons: "horrific transmission in traffic, fading brakes"

"Transmission problems for two years, software issue for the 7 speed, per Infiniti, with no fix in sight. Now brake fading/creeping issues."

love my M56S

By on Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pros: "power, features and luxury for the price, handling"

Cons: "no remote start"

"Best car I've ever owned. Tons of power. Fantastic handling. Incredible styling inside and out. Have had the car for 2 months and not one problem. Engine and transmission is extremely quiet and incredibly smooth."

Brand new with transmission problems

By on Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pros: "Great look"

Cons: "Transmission problems"

"Before I could get the temporary tags removed from my brand new car, I began to have problems with it. The indicator light signaled Engine problems on the day I picked up the tags. I was told by the associate that often the engine signaled a loosely replaced gas cap. Even the manual gave the same information. According to the manual, the Engine light would go out after a few days once I tightened the gas cap again which was not loose. I have been told that there is a problem with the transmission switch. Moreover, the service department has had my car for over a week. Because I had not heard from the service department for a week, I initiated a call to the department only to be told that the part has not been sent in and it will take another 2 weeks or so before the part would come in and the car repaired. In the meantime, I am driving a rental that has an engine oil light on and an expired inspection sticker. This is my first and probably last infinity."

2011 M37S - great ride

By on Friday, July 08, 2011

Pros: "many"

Cons: "none yet. I knew exactly what I was getting"

"I've had my M for 3 months and have been very pleased with my purchase. The car is a blast to drive and I've received a ton of compliments on its styling. I would recommend the M to anybody looking for a practical yet sporty sedan. The back is a little tight but other than that its very comfortable. Worthy of a test drive. That should tell you all you need to know."

0-60 mph in 5 seconds

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

Pros: "fast and beautiful"

"Bought my 2013 M37 sport with 4 wheel active steering 5 months ago and have no regrets. Stunningly beautiful, looks like a Maserati-Jag hybrid. More appealing and reliable than either the Mercedes E350 coupe or BMW 5 series. This car is fast and corners effortlessly at high speed with the 4 wheel active steering sport package. Consumer Reports has ranked this car as their #1 luxury sports sedan for 3 years (93 points)... and they were absolutely RIGHT."

Nice styling, decent handling, bad electronics

By on Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Pros: "Sexy styling"

Cons: "Bad electronics, poor and cheap build quality"

"I have owned this car 11 months, and come from a long history of Acuras. I must say if you get the base M37 it is probably an excellent value, but once you load this baby up and start flirting with $60K I have become quickly disappointed. I have the Sport Touring version whihch stickered out at $57K. The styling of the car is amazing, I love Infiniti styling, they really excel in this area. After you own the car a little while you can feel where they cut corners to keep cost and weight down. The build quality is OK, but Acura built a tighter more rigid car. The car has far more body flex that I woudl expect form a $57K car. The engine is based on their tryed and try design that cranks out 330hp, but you need to get the RPMS up to feel it, Infiniti likes to reve their engines to develope HP, vs Acura where you get more low end torque. AS far as handling goes, even witht he Sport packages the car is not a real Sports Sedan, it is a luxury car with Sport overtones. The car is an awesome cruiser and can handel decently, but I would not be throwing this car into any crazy turns. The biggest weakness in Infiniti is their electronics, the NAV and bluetooth are aweful. The BT sound quality os so bad it saves me on cell phone usage sicne noone wants to talk to me when on the BT and I have tried 4 different phones. While the car is moving you can't access the phones phonebook, but you can access the phone book in the car's system, how stupid is that? The Voice controls are a joke, you have maybe 2 dozen basic things you can control by voice and it does not do that well. The Bose sound system is nice, but the lows are boomy and muddy sounding, the highs are OK. The 7 speed auto is OK, but in SPort mode it makes the car feel nice and sporty, but has a terrible time finding a happy place to be as it holds some gears up to 4k RPM for no apparent reason, forcing me to up shirt with paddle shifters. I woudl not buy this car again and actually woudl avoid Infiniti as their customer service is horrible."

Excellent car for the value

By on Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Pros: "super handling,great acceleration,very comfortable"

Cons: "battery life is not strong"

"A pleasure to drive. great acceleration. only regular maintenance required,except for short life span on battery. like driving a sports car, but extremely cormfortable and stylish."

Got this car about 2 weeks ago

By on Thursday, May 01, 2014

Pros: "ah everything"

Cons: "gas milage could be better"

"It's only been 2 weeks,but i have no complaints about this car.Quality ,features,ride handling all great.Cant wait to really push it after the break in period."

Great value

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Quick, great handling"

"More equip than any German auto"

Worst vehicle I've ever owned!

By on Friday, June 10, 2011

Pros: "nice sound system"

Cons: "everything"

"I bought this car brand new off the lot at Crest Infiniti 2010, it has continually broken down and had to be towed since my purchase due to a dead battery issue. The dealership keeps blaming it on different issues, none of which has resolved the problem to date. The car is definitely not worth the money, I will NEVER buy an Infiniti again, nor would I suggest buying anything from that dealership. They could care less that I keep having this issue, the only resolution they had to the problem was to put me into a newer more expensive version of the same car so they could make more money off of me. When I wasn't interested in doing that, they basically washed their hands of the problem and advised me to try and file a lemon law complaint with the state of Texas."

Awesome Vehicle

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

"All around super car. It has it all. Nuff Said!"