1998 Infiniti I

9.3

Based on 199 Ratings for the 1996 - 1999 models.

Very Satisfying

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"The I30 has been an excellent car. The only real repair was replacement of the starter motor that was beginning to make sounds."

Beautiful, reliable vehicle

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "reliable, fun to drive, powerful, comfortable"

Cons: "Expensive to buy if new"

"Technically, I am the second owner. My mother bought this car when it was brand new in late 1996. When I turned 15, I learned to drive in this car. At 16, it was gifted to me. I'm just wrapping up college now and I'm officially the owner. I love this car and always have. First, it is reliable. We have never had a serious issue with this car. About two years ago, I had to replace the radiator. The car probably had just over 180k miles on it at the time. That's about as serious as it has ever gotten. We are careful with regular oil changes and tune ups. The engine still runs like a dream. The car still has a lot of pick up to it. It's a lot of fun to drive and handles sharp, tight curves VERY well. Second, it looks great. I like the design and the paint has done very well over these years. The interior is comfortable, spacious, and aesthetically pleasing. The sound system (Bose) is superb. After 16 years, the volume knob on the radio has become a bit touchy but it still works just fine. I have no complaints at all. I plan to continue taking good care of this car and I hope to have it with me for a long time. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I was extremely lucky to have received this. When I do have to get another vehicle, I will probably stick with Infinitis (used, because frankly they're expensive little buggers). These last for a long time when given proper care."

1997 Infiniti I30 Sedan 4D

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"I have 125,000 miles on my 97 I30. Normal maintenance except replaced the starter. Runs like new with no rattles. Good power and highway cruising. Paint holding up well. About 22 mpg. Great car. I would like a newer car but I just cant trade in this wonderful automobile."

Fast,comfortable,killer Bose stereo. Stylish.

By on Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pros: "looks great and is fast off the line."

"I have owned this car for 7 years and got it when it had 130k miles on it. Other than valvecover gaskets leaking and the usual tires and brakes, it has operated flawlessly for me and retains styling that still holds up. To this day, the engine uses no oil between changes (always done at 3k mile intervals), and has surprising power and fuel economy. Nissan got this one right."

Very reliable, sporty car

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable, sporty"

Cons: "small cup holders up front and none in back"

"I bought the car used in 2002 with 78K miles on it. It has been extremely dependable with almost no repairs except normal wear and tear stuff (brake pads, battery, and tires). I have the manual transmission which makes this car very sporty to drive. The stock Bose speakers still sound great 15 years later. I replaced the stock cd/tape player a few years back with an Alpine CD player, but that is it. I still get 20-21 MPG in city, and just did a long trip and got 28 MPG on the highway (averaging 75-80 mph). Car uses no oil and remains in excellent mechanical condition. It has been the best car I have ever owned. I plan to drive it until it stops working."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Infiniti I near Honolulu. See local deals