• 2014 Small Luxury Sport Sedans

2013 Infiniti G Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $53,065 - $56,790.

Invoice N/A

10/7.7

Based on 257 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Still a competative package

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pros: "Ride, tight steering, tech, exhaust"

Cons: "cup holders, storage, no remote start,"

"I traded in my 2011 Nissan Maxima SV with Sport/Tech package and prior to a 2009 Maxima same setup. I wanted to move into the luxury market for warranty, service and more rear wheel drive options so I went with a 2012 G37S sedan. I was almost sold on an Auid A4 Sportline, but couldn't justify the price per option, spotty reliability and complexity of the user controls and infotainment integration. Some of the infotainment controls also felt cheap and more complex. The Maxima and the G have the same info setup and its handsdown one of the best iPod integration systems and easy to use interfaces on the market. The Bose sound system in the G is great when you balance it out correctly, very impressive full range of sound. Some people say the system isn't great, but I would have to disagree. The new BMW looks nice and has incredible spec numbers and is dynmaically balanced, but the interior felt cheap with low quality plastics. The door pannel creeked and handle wiggled when I got into the hard flat and unsupportive standard steat in faux leather. Once again reliability comes into question. The G is so incredibly comfortable, second best driving dynamics on to BMW and very user friendly. Best warranty in class and best bang for the buck. The Mercedes new C class. Exterior styling is good, and the dash redesign is much improved, but the assembly, fit and finish is horrible. Buttons pop, creek and feel like your going to snap them off or shove them through the dash. Again, German engineering dynamics, but spotty reliablity and cost of ownership is horrible. Recently took a 500 mile road trip with brand new engine, 28 mpg @ 75. City driving around town @ 35 mph with contant stops I have been averaging 21. Many people have been posting shift issues with the auto but I have not had this, heard there was a fix initiated last year on the programing. My only complain regarding the 7sp auto is in sport mode manual, it has a long delay in upshifting, could be much quicker; in sport auto it shifts crisp and quick. Regular auto it shifts smooth and seamlessly for a more comfortable drive. The engine can get thrashy around 6K RPM, but this is one of the highest reving V6s on the market. Sport suspension is well balanced and not too rough, I think my Maxima had a rougher ride on imperfect roads. The G's longest wheel base in class really helps to dampen pot holes and the jaring effect. The cabin is crazy quiet on good highway roads, if the road is course, the cabin noise can be intrusive and a bit excessive. My only complaint with the suspension is the car stance, why is the front fender gap so much more on the front than the rear? Infiniti, level the car out! Trunk space is good, not great and no folding rear seats. Cabin size is on par with the Maxima when I compared the specs which really suprised me. Its missing a few features that I think should be and can easily be incoorperated to make this aging sedan become more appealing, no heated steering wheel, side dimming mirrors or mirror turn signals and no power lumbar support? This car is built in Japan, and I hate to say this because I'm all about American jobs, but the assembly is much more precise that on my Tenn built Maxima. Gaps are tight both inside and out. Interior material is good, specific peices could be changed to keep the cabin relevant to competators. Biggest grip about the interior is the cup holders, they are in the way of the shifter and can not put two drinks next to each other unless they are tall and skinny. The sport seats are excellent, Mercedes take note, supportive comfortable and REAL leather. Overall, you cant go wrong and you would still pay 8-10 K more for the Germans. You wont be disappointed on with your purchase."

Exceeded my very high expectations

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "Power, road handling, comfort"

Cons: "No daytime driving lights (added LEDs for safety)"

"Owned Chevy (early) Honda Preludes, Toyota Celica GTX and now G37x. This has "best of" all prior vehicles put together and then some. Power is terrific when needed (merging into highway traffic, overtaking slower cars on two lane roads, etc. milage surprisingly good if not lead footed all the time). Solid drive but not at the expense of comfort (for front passengers--really not designed for more than two people; buy the sedan if more than two). All controls logically laid out, stereo system (Bose)true quality; radio functions intuitive unlike my husband's new Camry--that is way too complex."

I love my G

By on Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pros: "Great technology"

Cons: "Interior quality, front bumper paint"

"I purchased my G35 used almost 2 years ago after trading in my 2002 BMW 745. My G had high mileage on it but it didn't deter me from purchasing. I have loved the reliability of this vehicle. I purchased an aftermarket warranty and never used it. I service it religiously and haven't had any mechanical issues. The only issue I did have was with the quality of the door inserts and steering wheel. They both scratch easily. I replace the door inserts for $60 and the new ones don't scratch. I plan to get a kit for the steering wheel. Bluetooth, iPod connection, navigation, rear view camera, Bose system are all Excellent! Mine is black and the front bumper needs to be painted but I still love my G"

Great Ride, however Fuel Economy is dismal

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "Power, Look, Handling - especially in snow"

Cons: "Fuel Economy, Truck Space, Vehicle Maintenance"

"I love my car. The car takes off so fast and it seems there is endless power for acceleration. You definitely get more for your money vs. BMW, Mercedes, Lexus (when shopping for a car, I priced similarly equipped vehicles, each cost ~$5,000 more than the Infiniti). I only have three negatives (I consider these minor) for this car. 1. The fuel economy is very poor for the 3.7 liter. I'm only averaging between 18-20 mpg. This wouldn't be bad if this was nothing but city driving, however most of my miles are highway, on cruise control. 2. The rear seats should split to increase trunk capacity, trunk is smaller than I would like, but similar in size to BMW 3 series. 3. And doing your own maintenance on the vehicle is a pain. To change your oil, you basically need to remove the skid plate to get to it. Its not as simple as lifting the vehicle and unscrewing the plug and filter. To change the cabin air filter (dealer charges $140 for a $15 filter, which I refuse to pay), you need to take your entire clove box out, remove trim pieces, and unscrew about eight different screws. It will take you at least 30 minutes to do. However, none of these are deal breakers for me. I love how the car drives, how it accelerates, brakes, the sound system and how comfortable you are once you sit inside. I would definitely recommend this vehicle to others as long as fuel economy and trunk capacity weren't high on their list. One more note, this car drives unbelievably well in the snow. I am pleasantly surprised as to how well it drives and handles snowy and icy conditions. Dare I say it drives better than my truck w/ 4wd."

2012 G37x w/ Premium Package

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

Pros: "engine power, value, fit and finish, overall ride"

Cons: "storage, cup holders, MPGs"

"I've been driving this car for about 2 months and absolutely love it. It gets off the line quick when you need it, but also glides smoothly down the road. Fit and finish on the interior is great. Seats are comfortable. Bose radio sounds great and has a nice interface. Improvement wise, they could have added some more storage options such as an area to keep change. Glove box is pretty small and cup holders are okay. It would be nice to get a little better MPGs, but I'll sacrifice that for the powerful engine. Overall, minor complaints, but very impressed with the car."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25