• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2013 Infiniti G Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $53,282 - $57,021.

Invoice N/A

10/7.7

Based on 270 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Exceeded my very high expectations

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "Power, road handling, comfort"

Cons: "No daytime driving lights (added LEDs for safety)"

"Owned Chevy (early) Honda Preludes, Toyota Celica GTX and now G37x. This has "best of" all prior vehicles put together and then some. Power is terrific when needed (merging into highway traffic, overtaking slower cars on two lane roads, etc. milage surprisingly good if not lead footed all the time). Solid drive but not at the expense of comfort (for front passengers--really not designed for more than two people; buy the sedan if more than two). All controls logically laid out, stereo system (Bose)true quality; radio functions intuitive unlike my husband's new Camry--that is way too complex."

Great Ride, however Fuel Economy is dismal

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "Power, Look, Handling - especially in snow"

Cons: "Fuel Economy, Truck Space, Vehicle Maintenance"

"I love my car. The car takes off so fast and it seems there is endless power for acceleration. You definitely get more for your money vs. BMW, Mercedes, Lexus (when shopping for a car, I priced similarly equipped vehicles, each cost ~$5,000 more than the Infiniti). I only have three negatives (I consider these minor) for this car. 1. The fuel economy is very poor for the 3.7 liter. I'm only averaging between 18-20 mpg. This wouldn't be bad if this was nothing but city driving, however most of my miles are highway, on cruise control. 2. The rear seats should split to increase trunk capacity, trunk is smaller than I would like, but similar in size to BMW 3 series. 3. And doing your own maintenance on the vehicle is a pain. To change your oil, you basically need to remove the skid plate to get to it. Its not as simple as lifting the vehicle and unscrewing the plug and filter. To change the cabin air filter (dealer charges $140 for a $15 filter, which I refuse to pay), you need to take your entire clove box out, remove trim pieces, and unscrew about eight different screws. It will take you at least 30 minutes to do. However, none of these are deal breakers for me. I love how the car drives, how it accelerates, brakes, the sound system and how comfortable you are once you sit inside. I would definitely recommend this vehicle to others as long as fuel economy and trunk capacity weren't high on their list. One more note, this car drives unbelievably well in the snow. I am pleasantly surprised as to how well it drives and handles snowy and icy conditions. Dare I say it drives better than my truck w/ 4wd."

Best Car I Ever Owned

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros: "6 speed manual and I still love shifting it."

Cons: "nothing"

"I previously owned a G35 which I bought new. It was a very good car so I traded it in for a new 2008 g37s. I now have 115,000 miles on it and it is in perfect condition. I just had my 40th oil change and the service manager at the new dealership, (I just moved to Virginia) was amazed that this car still has the original brakes and clutch. The only thing I replaced on this car was the battery and tires. THAT's IT! Oh yea, I just had a new set of spark plugs, not that it needed them but because the service manager said it should have them. The car runs and rides like the day I picked it up back in late 2007."

2012 G37x w/ Premium Package

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

Pros: "engine power, value, fit and finish, overall ride"

Cons: "storage, cup holders, MPGs"

"I've been driving this car for about 2 months and absolutely love it. It gets off the line quick when you need it, but also glides smoothly down the road. Fit and finish on the interior is great. Seats are comfortable. Bose radio sounds great and has a nice interface. Improvement wise, they could have added some more storage options such as an area to keep change. Glove box is pretty small and cup holders are okay. It would be nice to get a little better MPGs, but I'll sacrifice that for the powerful engine. Overall, minor complaints, but very impressed with the car."

last great sports sedan with hydraulic steering

By on Friday, November 22, 2013

Pros: "driving dynamics and steering is best in a sedan"

Cons: "gas mileage, firm ride, sudden clutch takeup"

"I have a 2012 G37S 6MT for the last 2 years after owning a bmw335i(e90). This car was 10k cheaper and offers all the driving dynamics of the BMW, far better reliability, a little less engine, but the quick ratio sports model steering has better feel than even the BMW e90. the G37S also has limited slip differential and the quick ratio steering not on the other G37 models. Mileage has been about what its rated 17/25, which is a little low for this class. At the buy price(38k) it was a steal, best value out there in a RWD sports sedan. AWD version didn't handle or steer as well, not the same car. Reliability has been stellar, no issues at all, a great relief from my 335i. Manual shifter started out a bit notchy, but improved considerably with miles/use, now its very good. the sudden clutch takeup could be an issue for some people, especially stopped on hills, but I have gotten used to it. Power is excellent, cant imagine needing more. Seats are very good, but not as good as my BMW seats on long drives. The ride of the sport version is firm, but this is a compromise to that great steering feel. the exhaust note is great, its the same for coupe and sedan now, a nice throaty sound that makes you want to roll the windows down. If you want a luxury car, a lexus or BMW or audi might suit better, but if you want a sports car with 4 doors, this is the car. This car prefers 93 octane, engine runs smoother and quieter, but 91 is OK. Do not use 89 or lower... My recommendations here are for a true sports sedan. Today(2014) cars are being built with softer suspensions and numb electric steering, all of them, BMW's, infiniti Q50, audis, lexus, merc, all of them are soft and somewhat numb steering. If you want the last great hydraulic steering rack in a sedan that car and driver magazine calls "porschelike" in steering feel, this is it. And yes the G37S, not the G37x or base G37 has the great steering."