2004 Infiniti G

Based on 873 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

Best Car I've Ever Owned

By on Thursday, January 31, 2008

"After a year of shopping around and test driving Infiniti, Lexus, Acura, Mercedes and BMW, I finally broke down and bought a new car. After seeing and driving most of what's out there right now, the decision was easy to buy a new 2008 G35 Journey. I've since found this to be the best car I've ever owned. It's a near perfect combination of grace and power wrapped in a luxury package. You have no doubt about the car's ability to perform when you hit the gas, and the upgraded Bose stereo system rivals most home systems. Pound for pound and dollar for dollar, this is the best "near-luxury" car you can buy. My two critical observations are that 1) the interior is snug, but still comfortable and 2) the car's gas mileage is worse than posted, but that may be because I just can't help but be heavy on the gas. This car just wants to fly... The bottom line is...don't hesitate, test drive one and buy it. You won't regret it."

I've owned this car since new, and for the $ it's

By on Friday, August 31, 2012

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Not enough interior storage space"

"the best car I've ever owned. Maintanance has been minimal in cost. It makes for a very nice commute. Very reliable. The upgraded Bose sound system sounds GREAT. 10+ years and 97k miles and this thing still drives fantastic."

Most reliable car I have ever owned.

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, fast, eye-catching"

Cons: "interior noise, button layout, brakes"

"My 2005 G35 now has 111000 miles on it and, other than regular maintenance, changing belts, brakes, and oil changes, I have had nothing go wrong. PROS: __The interior is comfortable (leather is well padded) and there is plenty of headroom for a tall guy like me. __The seats are fully adjustable. __The sound system (standard) is awesome,even without the Bose upgrade. __Plenty of trunk space if you're traveling. __Plenty of get up and go! This car will fly! __No mechanical issues. CONS: __The loud engine and exhaust adds to the interior noise level. __The radio and air-conditioning buttons are illogically laid out and easy to confuse with each other. __The brakes tend to wear out quickly (every 2 years) I highly recommend this car."

Nice Alternative to the Germans

By on Thursday, February 28, 2008

"The G35S 6MT is one of the finest luxury sedans in it's class, and, with attractive pricing comparable to the Mercedes C-Class, BMW 3-Series, and Audi A4, it certainly is closing the gaps in quality and performance. I narrowed my search down to the BMW 328i vs. Infiniti G35S 6MT. In comparing the BMW with the Infiniti, I discovered while the BMW is unflappable in the handling and responsiveness, the G35 does respectfully hold it's ground. The deciding factors for choosing the G35 over the 328 was the best value for my money. The Infiniti simply included more standard luxury options and equipment, such as: HID Xenon Headlights, Leather upholstery, and Keyless Entry with push-button start. Not to mention a more powerful engine, 306 HP as compared to 230 HP of the 328. Infiniti also has more advanced technological features such as the rear-view camera and a 9.3GB hard drive for storing music and such. Bottom line, if you can live without the prestigious German nameplate, the Infiniti G35S 6MT is definitely the best value for your money. The only negative aspect is the handling capabilities in inclement weather. The rear-wheel drive is more susceptible to snow and ice than the all-wheel drive trim. However, snow/all-season tires do offer some support to the responsiveness. I found the best way to be prepared during bad weather is to put a case or two of roofing shingles in your trunk to double as extra weight, and if you get stuck you can slap the shingles down under your wheels for extra leverage."

My Favorite By Far

By on Thursday, August 1, 2013

Pros: "Read Below"

Cons: "Read Below"

"After purchase from 1st owner with 80,000 miles, got to 122,559 miles so far with zero mechanical issues, engine problems or electrical issues. The only suspension issue I have is my own fault. Headlights became oxidized (yellow) but the Infiniti OEM lights, and all other OEM parts for that matter, are so insanely expensive that I can only afford to buy aftermarket or salvaged parts. Great car, handles amazing, one of the best tuned exhausts I've ever heard in a Japanese car. Timeless design that still looks only a couple of years old. I just need to sell it now before I have any problems, because I won't be able to afford to fix them! If you want to buy an Infiniti g coupe, make sure you have enough money to take care of it when it has small but very expensive problems. $800 for a pair of headlights is just crazy and no one should ever have to pay that for lights! Don't ever bother calling the dealership for part quotes, you'll just get upset and never want to take your car there. Unless you're rich, the first Infiniti you buy will be your last, but you'll miss it all the time!"

Great value & style

By on Thursday, August 9, 2007

"I have owned this car for over 4 years, and believe it is one of the best values available, considering styling/performance. The competition costs much more to match this vehicle. If you enjoy driving, and want a fun car with excellent performance, you cannot beat this car for the money."

Outstanding vehicle

By on Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Pros: "Fun, fast, looks great, runs great, low maintenanc"

Cons: "Must be taken to infiniti dealer for problems..."

The girls love this car. Huge head turner.

"I have had this vehicle for 3 years now and I absolutely love it. It sounds fantastic and runs fantastic. It may be no V8 but it can def keep up with one. I have taken mine to the drag strip several times just for fun and it has always done fairly well. Its also a great head turner. It attracts attention of all vehicle lovers in my area because it is a rather unique car to the area. People always ask where i got it and what i payed. I would def recommend this vehicle to others who want a nice sports car. These are rather cheap but are absolutely amazing for the money. If you buy one you will not be disappointed I can promise that."

The girls love this car. Huge head turner.

A thoroughbred

By on Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pros: "Powerful and comfortable."

Cons: "Very little storage for a sedan."

"I bought this Infiniti G35 after test-driving several used high-end cars. What a machine. I have logged over 150,000 miles on it (it had 43,000 miles when I bought it), and it drives as well now as it did when I bought it. It is a little heavy in handling but very responsive and at 60 mph, accelerating to 70 is a slight push on the accelerator. I drove it straight through, Twin Cities to Atlanta, one time and it just hummed."

Amazing

By on Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Pros: "fun, fast, cheap, gas mileage, design, luxury"

Cons: "nothing"

"Everything about this car makes me love it. The speed, design, comfort, and safety. I has everything wanted in a luxury car and everything wanted in a sports car. I would recommend this car to anyone who wants all of this in one car with a pretty decent gas mileage also."

Best car I have ever Owned....PERIOD!!!!!

By on Thursday, April 26, 2012

Pros: "resonable price, styling, bose sound system"

Cons: "might be more expensive than a ford to repair"

"This car is amazing. Something like 280 horsepower, feels the same driving at 30 and 80mph. Japanese so it holds up like a honda or toyota. I have the g35x sport sedan and the styling is still great 7-8 years later. I have received numerous comments about the comfort of the back seats, every time someone sits in them, I guess they are a littel reclined. Not many repairs, just maintainance, a couple dents and dings from living in NY, but that's what you get. 120 miles and still going strong. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED"

great car

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pros: "fun, fast, looks great, paint stays great"

Cons: "pricey tires"

"This car is great, never had a major repair done and the warranty is very good. I really like the way it drives and the torque is awesome. When the traction is off the car becomes a very fun drift car."

The Infinity G35 is the best car I've owned!

By on Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pros: "Looks good, fun to drive and reliable."

Cons: "Back seat is very small. 2Dr not for families."

"Its fun to drive, quick and responsive and it looks good. I've my G for eight years and close to 170k miles and its always been reliable. Still looks and rides great."

Good reliable Car!

By on Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "see above comments"

"I have only four things that i realy do not like about it but I can live with. They are: (1) the seat belts are a nusiance, (2) the required use of premium gasoline, (3) the tires cannot be rotated so that is an added expense and (4) they do not tell you that it is not worth a flip in the snow, even if it is only 1 to 2 inches."

love this ca

By on Tuesday, September 27, 2011

"i bought this car and love it a lot, love the design and out look of the car. however, mpg is killing me everyday!"

Can't go wrong

By on Wednesday, June 24, 2009

"I bought a used 2005 G35 sedan at the beginning of 2009. I was first considering a Lexus IS 350 but decided on the G after finding the IS to be too constricted on the inside, have a boxed-in field of vision, feel un-impressive on the road, and have an inflated price tag relative to the G. I've put over 10,000 miles on the G35 since then, primarily on road trips. I got this car because of the engine and its ability to handle mountains and deserts. The car has not disappointed. The heat gauge hardly moves when effortlessly cruising up a mountain at 90 mph in 90 degree heat with the A/C at full blast, and the acceleration is surprisingly responsive even under those demanding conditions. Traveling 120 mph feels like going 60 mph in a lesser car (low noise, no vibration, excellent stability, etc) and the handling is superb. The headlights are excellent for night driving, brightly illuminating a wide field of vision at least 1/4 mile ahead. This car is exactly what I was looking for. It achieves an extremely rare combination: a performance car that is a thrill to drive yet also does not tire the driver on long trips. This car has been criticized for its fuel economy, but I challenge anyone to find another car that gets 25 mpg while averaging 80 mph in the mountains with a cargo of two comfortable adults and a trunk full of luggage. The G35 is a car for people who intend to drive. Anyone who wants to tool around in a city or commute back and forth to work in bumper-to-bumper traffic should use a Prius and get out in a G to see the rest of the world on weekends and holidays."

Still in love

By on Thursday, September 11, 2008

"I've driven this vehicle for 5 years now, and I'm still in love with it. The engine still sounds great, and the style is timeless. No major mechanical problems after 90k miles. I still get compliments on it all the time (I keep it clean). I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone considering a BMW, Lexus, Acura, etc. Being RWD, the performance surpasses it's FWD competition, but is less expensive and has more power than a 325 BMW."

Fun and Solid Sports Sedan

By on Friday, August 22, 2008

"I really love my G35, it is a lot of fun to drive and looks pretty cool too. Having young children has not been a problem as the back seat is plenty big for full sized adults, let alone kids. I have not had any problems since I bought the car used one year ago with 37k miles - it now has 50k. I've heard the interior kind of breaks down but mine is fine. I bought some Blizzak snow tires and driving in MI winters has been fine. All the ESC and ESV controls keep me out of trouble, no spin outs. MPG has been about 21 or 22mpg in mixed driving and about 17/18 in just city. Not great MPG but much better than my old SUV. It isn't exactly comfortable, if I was a traveling salesman I might look for something different but it suites my needs perfectly."

Real value for the money

By on Tuesday, August 7, 2007

"Have owned the G for over 5 years and overall has been a great car. Only major engineering flaw is the brakes. Will go through brake pads in 20K miles. Pad are too aggressive and soft. Otherwise a really fun car to drive, great styling, good handling and acceleration for a 6 cylinder."

I have owned this car for 4 years and

By on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pros: "Safety, extremely fun to drive"

Cons: "Does not do well in snow due to rear wheel drive"

"It is the best vehicle I have ever owned!! I rate it a 10 for safety, reliability, affordability, and a very fun, spunky vehicle to drive :)"

Like driving a contained 'Tiger'!

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "Super car great fun to drive"

Cons: "lacks cup holder for Big Bubba mugs"

"Not one rattle or squeak in my car. Has a sporty but comfortable ride. It really hugs the road in 'banked' curves, and even those that aren't. It stops very quickly. Even after all these years, I still love driving it. Don't test drive one unless you plan on buying it!"

Best decisions made for long term keep

By on Saturday, July 27, 2013

Pros: "Good price, fun to drive"

Cons: "Get used to stiff steering wheel."

"I purchased my car in 2006. I have never had any engine problems. I made sure I kept up with all recommended and required maintenance and my engine ran as if it is still brand new. Just had to change a part in the engine the first time at 135k. I was told might be able to keep car until 500k. Will let you know. Again, for its value and class, it was worth every penny!"

My favorite sedan ever owned!

By on Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pros: "Driver's car...did I mention "fun to drive?""

Cons: "(Occasional) Maintenance costs"

"Bought car used 15 months ago as a daily driver/commuter vehicle. Have driven it 38,000 miles since then, so I think I am qualified to offer a reasonable review. Car is simply a "rocket ship.". Very comfortable, spacious, and powerful for being Infiniti's "entry-level" model. Have owned two Mercedes sedans and three Maximas in the past, but this car is by far my favorite. Rear-wheel drive really makes a difference in handling and performance versus "front drivers.". Not the best fuel economy (I average about 23.5 on the highway), but that is the performance trade-off and I do tend to drive the car fairly aggressively. Definitely a driver's car. Car is very reliable and well-constructed, but the occasional maintenance costs do take a bite out of your wallet, so budget appropriately."

Great luxury car for the money

By on Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pros: "Great value, fun to drive, reliable"

Cons: "Rear leg room, NAV could be a little better"

"I have really loved my G35. It has better power than almost everything in it's class. Traction control helps you not get into trouble if pushing it's limits. Great interior layout with all the options. Very comfortable seats and drivers seat can be adjusted several ways. I only wish the back seat had about six more inches of leg room. No big deal with my kids but if taking friends out to dinner, it's a little tight for adults but fine for short trips. Rear seats slightly recline, which helps back seat passengers be comfortable on long trips. Handling is very good and it's a ton of fun to drive. Very reliable!! I have not had any problems with the car. Just have to do routine maint. NAV is nice but you can only enter a destination while the car is stationary. Very annoying that a passenger is not able to do this."

Best Car Ever

By on Thursday, October 7, 2010

"My G35x has 208000 miles on it and I would drive it to California today without hesitation. (We live in Indiana) Worry free with excellent performance!"

Amazing Value

By on Tuesday, December 8, 2009

"I have owned my 2009 G37x for 6 months now and already put 10,000 miles on it. Driving this car is a pleasure. Road noise is non-existant, interior build quality is stellar (no rattles, shakes or even a hint of cheapness), and the overall drive and handling are first rate. Living in Chicago, the all-wheel drive is a must, and it has been bullet-proof so far in inclement weather. Comfort, style and quality. Excellent car all around. I looked at comparably priced cars from Audi (the A4 2.0T Quattro), BMW (the 328xi) Acura (the TL-SHAWD) and Cadillac (CTS-4), and none of them could hold their own against the Infiniti when you consider performance value per dollar, or overall value in terms of equipment and quality (I can get real leather in a $25K Hyundai, but in a $40K BMW it doesn't come standard!!!! What a joke!). My only complaint comes in the way of rear seat foot room (not leg room, but foot room). The foot wells are very small and a bit uncomfortable. The Cadillac, Audi and BMW were no better (only the Acura could beat it for rear seat comfort, but the Acura felt more like driving a boat than a luxury sport sedan). I would recommend this car to anyone."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Infiniti G near Honolulu. See local deals