2004 Infiniti G

Based on 858 Ratings for the 2003 - 2006 models.

Nice Alternative to the Germans

By on Thursday, February 28, 2008

"The G35S 6MT is one of the finest luxury sedans in it's class, and, with attractive pricing comparable to the Mercedes C-Class, BMW 3-Series, and Audi A4, it certainly is closing the gaps in quality and performance. I narrowed my search down to the BMW 328i vs. Infiniti G35S 6MT. In comparing the BMW with the Infiniti, I discovered while the BMW is unflappable in the handling and responsiveness, the G35 does respectfully hold it's ground. The deciding factors for choosing the G35 over the 328 was the best value for my money. The Infiniti simply included more standard luxury options and equipment, such as: HID Xenon Headlights, Leather upholstery, and Keyless Entry with push-button start. Not to mention a more powerful engine, 306 HP as compared to 230 HP of the 328. Infiniti also has more advanced technological features such as the rear-view camera and a 9.3GB hard drive for storing music and such. Bottom line, if you can live without the prestigious German nameplate, the Infiniti G35S 6MT is definitely the best value for your money. The only negative aspect is the handling capabilities in inclement weather. The rear-wheel drive is more susceptible to snow and ice than the all-wheel drive trim. However, snow/all-season tires do offer some support to the responsiveness. I found the best way to be prepared during bad weather is to put a case or two of roofing shingles in your trunk to double as extra weight, and if you get stuck you can slap the shingles down under your wheels for extra leverage."

My Favorite By Far

By on Thursday, August 01, 2013

Pros: "Read Below"

Cons: "Read Below"

"After purchase from 1st owner with 80,000 miles, got to 122,559 miles so far with zero mechanical issues, engine problems or electrical issues. The only suspension issue I have is my own fault. Headlights became oxidized (yellow) but the Infiniti OEM lights, and all other OEM parts for that matter, are so insanely expensive that I can only afford to buy aftermarket or salvaged parts. Great car, handles amazing, one of the best tuned exhausts I've ever heard in a Japanese car. Timeless design that still looks only a couple of years old. I just need to sell it now before I have any problems, because I won't be able to afford to fix them! If you want to buy an Infiniti g coupe, make sure you have enough money to take care of it when it has small but very expensive problems. $800 for a pair of headlights is just crazy and no one should ever have to pay that for lights! Don't ever bother calling the dealership for part quotes, you'll just get upset and never want to take your car there. Unless you're rich, the first Infiniti you buy will be your last, but you'll miss it all the time!"

Decent value

By on Monday, February 11, 2013

Pros: "sporty, steering feel, all wheel drive, reliable"

Cons: "space, comfort, fuel economy, ergonomics"

"Ive personally put a hundred thousand miles on this car and only had to replace brake parts. I'm terrible with maintaining vehicles so i avoided the german competitors, but i enjoy driving so i avoided lexus. this car has never let me down, is great in the snow, i commute 100-200 miles per day and i have to say if youre over 5'10 this car can feel cramped and uncomfortable, especially the passengers seat with lacks the same bolstering as the drivers seat. its very quick and nimble and a joy to drive, still tight and sporty even with 140k -- if youre searching for a used one, go 2005, the 04 has horrible click-button control for everything that should have a knob,,, the 05 corrected that. gas mileage is abysmal, on my all high way commute the most ive ever managed after 90k was 19.7mpg"

Most reliable car I have ever owned.

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, fast, eye-catching"

Cons: "interior noise, button layout, brakes"

"My 2005 G35 now has 111000 miles on it and, other than regular maintenance, changing belts, brakes, and oil changes, I have had nothing go wrong. PROS: __The interior is comfortable (leather is well padded) and there is plenty of headroom for a tall guy like me. __The seats are fully adjustable. __The sound system (standard) is awesome,even without the Bose upgrade. __Plenty of trunk space if you're traveling. __Plenty of get up and go! This car will fly! __No mechanical issues. CONS: __The loud engine and exhaust adds to the interior noise level. __The radio and air-conditioning buttons are illogically laid out and easy to confuse with each other. __The brakes tend to wear out quickly (every 2 years) I highly recommend this car."

A car to love

By on Saturday, September 27, 2008

"I waited 10 months to see the first 350Z's to show up in NC back in 2003 and was not impressed. But I opened up a magazine and saw the G35 Coupe MT6. After buying it, there has never been another car that has grabbed my attention (and other peoples). I've now owned my G35 for 5 years and every time I walk towards the car it brings a smile to my face. I have thought about new cars but I am just too afraid after a few months it would just be another car. Just passing 68/K miles, no problems and my only maintenance has been oil changes and tires. Everything else is original and working just fine. Gas mileage back and forth to work is 23/24mpg and highway keeping it 70-75mph will get me 27/28mpg which I find extraordinary. Having the MT6/Performance Package has cost me in 'tires' but with the flawless performance, incredible feel, great looks...I think I'll keep it for another 5 years."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Infiniti G near Honolulu. See local deals