2000 Infiniti G

Based on 145 Ratings for the 1999 - 2002 models.

Great on gas! Cheap to maintain!

By on Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Pros: "Price, easy maintenance, gas mileage, reliable"

Cons: "somewhat under powered, front cup holders suck"

Engine Bay. Easy To Work On.

"I have had this car for 2 years and have driven in all conditions. Mine is a 99' G20t 5-speed manual with over 216,000 miles on it. The previous owner sold it to me with a large stack of service records indicating it was well taken care of. Religious full synthetic oil changes have kept this engine running superb! The only things I have had to replace other than tires and a cracked windshield and regular maintenance, were the engine mounts, rear O2 sensor, and the clutch. Keep in mind, I replaced the ORIGINAL clutch at 205,000 miles! If driven correctly, the clutch can last a long time! I have been able to do all of the work myself (except for the clutch) with a few tools and some jack stands. The car is extremely easy to maintain and work on even though it is a compact engine compartment and front wheel drive. I have been able to change spark plugs, clean the air filter, clean the MAF sensor, etc, etc, without ever needing a special tool or getting my hand into a cramped place. As far as fixing things, it has been a breeze! Don't buy infiniti parts from the dealer or the infiniti parts websites if you don't have to. I find that NAPA and Amazon have had excellent parts for a fraction of the price. My only complaint is that the car is a little under powered and the cup holders just suck! It is a heavy car which means it is safer compared to others in its class, but the engine and transmission combo could have been better. It runs at higher RPM's on the highway and can have a little trouble off the line. It is extremely good at mid range handling and breaking is excellent. It is fun to slide a little on the ice and it does pretty well driving on it. It always starts in freezing temperatures. As far as fuel mileage, I average about 26 with 75% city, 25% highway. For mostly highway driving, I have been able to hit 31 average on numerous occasions, even with the car loaded with stuff for a 650 mile trip."

Engine Bay. Easy To Work On.

Good car

By on Thursday, September 04, 2008

"I bought this car 4 years ago and love it. I have the '02 5 speed and I love the handling around corners. No major problems, just the usual brakes, tires, etc. Although I do have to say that this car eats tires, every year at inspection I need a new set. Mechanic says it is because of the tow & camper system the car has...whatever that means, but it doesnt have a normal alignment like other cars have. Cup holder sucks as everyone says, but i get by. Love the leather, 6 cd bose, and power features. With gas at $4/gal the 30mpg's are great! The only other complain I may have his that the back seat is rather small, adults have to squeeze in, and if you have kids -child seats are a struggle in the back. Great car for hauling 2 passengers!"

It's a great buy for your money!

By on Monday, October 22, 2007

"I bought a 2002 G20 two years ago, excellent condition. It's truly money well spent. We love it so much that few months later my husband bought another one. My husband does the regular maintainance: oil, air filter, break pads changes, and we've never had any problems. It's reliable, fuel efficient, economic, and offer the luxury feeling of heated & leather seats, moonroof, and Bose sterero system. Very good buy!"

Low Maintenance, Reliable

By on Monday, October 01, 2007

"I bought this car new in '01, and it's still going along trouble-free after 178k miles. Only a few maintenance/repairs needed so far - replaced the starter and a battery -- other than suggested maintenance & tires, not even a single lightbulb has needed replacement. Average 32mpg highway, 22 city. Only downside is an inconvenient cupholder & minor wind noise."

Amazing Car

By on Friday, September 14, 2007

"I bought my car new in 2001, almost 7 years later i am still driving it. I changed the tires, brakes, and oil, along with regular scheduled maintenance. It has never had a problem and I get compliments on it still. I have over 100k miles on the car, thinking about getting another car and I just can't see myself parting with this car, it almost brings me to tears, lol. It has seen some of the nastiest conditions and has gotten me home safe every time."

A great little luxury car.

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"Bought this used two years ago and it's turned out to be a great car. Very high quality materials, good leather and comfortable seats. Great high speed cruiser, 30 mpg on highway. Absolutely perfectly balanced suspension and driving characteristics. A little bit underpowered but has one of the best 4cyl. engines ever. If Infinity had put a 6cyl. in this car and updated the interior design a bit they would have had a hit. Consumer reports is right-" the second most reliable care ever rated." It has been absolutely reliable."

Great car!

By on Friday, February 01, 2013

Pros: "GREAT gas mileage"

Cons: "1 cup holder in front & 2 in rear,"

"I received my car a few years ago with close to 90,000 miles on it. The previous owner did not drive the car often and it was in great shape. My car is great on gas and remains a reliable car. This car can/has stood the test of time! Its a wonderfully made & durable car. Considering the age of this car it still runs great! I would recommend this car to anyone."

Love My G20

By on Tuesday, September 28, 2010

"I absolutely love this car. I originally bought a 2000 G20 and totaled it in an accident. I was driving the car and the most damage was to the driver's side door. I received some very minor scratches from the airbag deploying, but other than that walked away completely fine. The safety alone led me right back to Infiniti where I purchased my 2002 G20. I've had it since then and have had no problems whatsoever. I need a bigger, AWD vehicle, but wish I could afford to keep this one as well. My car is almost 9 years old and still looks very stylish! I highly recommend it for anyone - new driver, daily commuter who logs a lot of miles, etc."

210k and still goin

By on Tuesday, January 06, 2009

"This car is phenominal. I daily drive it everyday and I have 210k miles."

BEST VEHICLE EVER

By on Wednesday, November 14, 2007

"AMAZING VEHICLE! They still drive great even after putting hundreds of thousands of miles on them."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Infiniti G near Honolulu. See local deals