2000 Infiniti G

Based on 144 Ratings for the 1999 - 2002 models.

Love this car!

By on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pros: "Love the looks, feel and driving comfort"

Cons: "Not much in the way of front seat cup holders."

"I owned this car since '03 and love driving it. It's easy to handle, comfortable and reliable. It was classy looking then, and still is classy looking now. After owning it for 10 years, the only reason I'm only just thinking of trading it in is because I don't want to worry about our N.E. winters anymore. I'd feel a lot safer with 4WD. Although I've not yet had a problem driving in the snow (with good tires) I still worry when I'm at work and it snows. For that reason I'd like to get a small SUV 4WD. I checked around a few years ago, but one look back at my car and I haven't been able to do it. I know what I have in this G20; I'd hate to trade it in and end up with a car that is not as reliable as mine has been all these years. I still love it! It has moon/sunroof, BOSE radio, power windows/seat, heated seats/mirror, decent get-up-and-go power and is good on gas. The one feature I do wish it had is a good front seat cup holder. It has one in the front that is good for a small to medium sized coffee; however, I don't drink coffee and I find it's not good for when I have to carry soda. However, I do use the cup holder in the back seat that so far has done a good job carrying it."

Most reliable car I have ever owned

By on Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pros: "Solid, heavy and drives beautifully"

Cons: "Inadequate cup holder and sluggish acceleration"

"I had this car for over 10 years and keep looking for an excuse to buy another car, but this car just keeps on going like the Energizer bunny. I've owned a Ford, a Nissan 280ZX and a two Mazda 626's and this car is the best. I love the Bose sound system and the fact this car feels neither too big or too small for my petite frame. The only real negative I can find is the sluggish pickup, especially going up a hill. This would not be a good car for the mountains, but where I live it's great. This model is very rare these days and I would buy a "spare" G20 if only I could find one that has been well maintained."

Such a good car - it just keeps going

By on Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pros: "Tough, great on gas, strong engine"

Cons: "Light weight, slow pick up, dim headlights"

"For a smaller, 'luxury' car, the 2000 Infiniti g20 has really been there for me - Through college and three moves. The inside is nice and roomy and the trunk is a decent size, but the shape of the physical trunk opening makes getting big items in and out a hassle. It is good on oil, amazing on gas (especially during the economy), and it is a dependable car. It has gotten me through snow-covered hills, icy roads, and heat waves. The bad: the brakes and belts are prone to squeak no matter how many times you get them looked at, whenever you turn the wheel for a u-turn or tight turn, it sounds like metal on metal, and the breaks on the vehicle (even after having them looked up and repaired) could be better - I have to press hard rather than slightly. It is slow to pick up speed on the highway and shakes in the wind, when going over bridges, and when a truck passes. A really bad aspect about the car is that it has a carborator - which is rare and really expensive to fix. Overall, it's been a really tough, strong, durable, reliable car that has been through so much. I have taken care of it though, it's my baby - and I feel that this car wants to provide the best service for it's owner."

Best Used Car

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

Pros: "Excellent handling and fun factor"

Cons: "Tight seating, its a small car"

"I bought this G20 4 year ago with 45,000 and it now has 98,000. It has needed a new starter and nothing else. I get up to 36 hwy and average 26 - 27 mixed use. Seriously fun to drive, with excellent handling and sound. My sister bought a 2002 G20, and it feels like a Civic, while mine is more like a Z car. This car has a great suspension and is a joy to drive."

Most dependable car I ever owned.

By on Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pros: "dependable, safe, quality,"

Cons: "turning radius is poor"

"I purchased my 2002 Infinite G20 in 2004 on ebay. I did a lot of research before purchase and I knew exactly what I wanted. Even test drove the G20 locally. When the trailer pulled up to my house and I saw the car, I knew we would be together for a long time. I loved the way it looked. For about the next 4-5 years I maintained it at a local Infinite Dealership. For the past few years I take it to a local mechanic. I always get the oil changed every 3,000-4,000 miles. I recently put on a new catalytic converter and other than that, the brakes and a new starter (I have an automatic start so that might have something to do with it), I have had NO major problems. It's been the most dependable car I've ever owned and I feel very safe in it. It feels like there is some weight to it. The only issue I have is that the turning radius is not that great. I hit a lot of curbs because the wheel just does not turn that much. Still an excellent car and I would very likely purchase another Infinite in the future."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Infiniti G near Honolulu. See local deals