2000 Infiniti G

Based on 145 Ratings for the 1999 - 2002 models.

Great on gas! Cheap to maintain!

By on Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Pros: "Price, easy maintenance, gas mileage, reliable"

Cons: "somewhat under powered, front cup holders suck"

Engine Bay. Easy To Work On.

"I have had this car for 2 years and have driven in all conditions. Mine is a 99' G20t 5-speed manual with over 216,000 miles on it. The previous owner sold it to me with a large stack of service records indicating it was well taken care of. Religious full synthetic oil changes have kept this engine running superb! The only things I have had to replace other than tires and a cracked windshield and regular maintenance, were the engine mounts, rear O2 sensor, and the clutch. Keep in mind, I replaced the ORIGINAL clutch at 205,000 miles! If driven correctly, the clutch can last a long time! I have been able to do all of the work myself (except for the clutch) with a few tools and some jack stands. The car is extremely easy to maintain and work on even though it is a compact engine compartment and front wheel drive. I have been able to change spark plugs, clean the air filter, clean the MAF sensor, etc, etc, without ever needing a special tool or getting my hand into a cramped place. As far as fixing things, it has been a breeze! Don't buy infiniti parts from the dealer or the infiniti parts websites if you don't have to. I find that NAPA and Amazon have had excellent parts for a fraction of the price. My only complaint is that the car is a little under powered and the cup holders just suck! It is a heavy car which means it is safer compared to others in its class, but the engine and transmission combo could have been better. It runs at higher RPM's on the highway and can have a little trouble off the line. It is extremely good at mid range handling and breaking is excellent. It is fun to slide a little on the ice and it does pretty well driving on it. It always starts in freezing temperatures. As far as fuel mileage, I average about 26 with 75% city, 25% highway. For mostly highway driving, I have been able to hit 31 average on numerous occasions, even with the car loaded with stuff for a 650 mile trip."

Engine Bay. Easy To Work On.

one of the best cars ive owned

By on Thursday, October 06, 2011

Pros: "handles nice. extremely reliable"

Cons: "cup holder design only really holds a can. . and doesnt even hold it well"

"comfortable car. and inexpensive to fix. being a mechanic i was suprised at how few this car has had. infact in the 20k i have owned this far i have only done maitenance to it. brakes tires and struts we all i replaced. i love the car it handles great gas mileage is great as well. i would def recommend this car to anyone considering one. nissan makes great automobiles(this coming from a honda-lover)."

Best car I've ever owned

By on Friday, August 24, 2007

"I've had my share of cars. Volkswagon,BMW,Isuzu.etc. This car has taken me everywhere with no problems.Long trips/Short trips, you name it. Very nice reliable car with luxury without spending 20 or even 30 thousand dollars. I bought it in 01 and I'm still going. If I do upgrade it will be the G35..because I can't get enough of it. My husband bought his own car ; an E320 Mercedes ;and he says he misses driving this one. (that should tell you right there).If your looking for a good looking ;not in the garage;reliable car for a good price..you definately found it in this one."

great car

By on Tuesday, March 08, 2011

"Great small car. comfortable, dependable. I have 250,000 on it and it still runs like new. Only complaint in 9 years of ownership: lousy cup holder design, only holds a short cup."

Good car

By on Thursday, September 04, 2008

"I bought this car 4 years ago and love it. I have the '02 5 speed and I love the handling around corners. No major problems, just the usual brakes, tires, etc. Although I do have to say that this car eats tires, every year at inspection I need a new set. Mechanic says it is because of the tow & camper system the car has...whatever that means, but it doesnt have a normal alignment like other cars have. Cup holder sucks as everyone says, but i get by. Love the leather, 6 cd bose, and power features. With gas at $4/gal the 30mpg's are great! The only other complain I may have his that the back seat is rather small, adults have to squeeze in, and if you have kids -child seats are a struggle in the back. Great car for hauling 2 passengers!"

Extremely reliable car

By on Wednesday, October 17, 2007

"I bought this 99-G20 from the original owner in Yr 2000, with 28K. Mileage is now 130K and I have never taken it in for repairs yet (Infiniti Dealer too costly) in the time I have had it. Other than regular maintenance(oil, coolant, air/fuel filters, etc), which I do myself, I have had to change the oil "O" ring at the distributor housing and the rocker pan cover gasket. Engine is completely sealed now and there are no oil leaks. I do have to change the passenger side CV boot, as it's split and all the grease is spinning out. The only lingering problem is a squeak from the A/C belt. Pulley is ok, but there is hardly any room to get your hand near the A/C to spray the belt with antisqueak spray, which works temporarily. This entry level luxury car was very affordable, excellent on gas (30-32mpg), good ride but interior a little small even with one child. Rear suspension is a little rough, as it has a straight rear axle - no indep suspension at rear. Shortcoming was power, sluggish at the takeoff, but mileage was excellent, so you can't have it both ways. An excellent 4-cyl 16-valve engine from Nissan. On cool Houston winter days, engine is jerky until warm. Wouldn't like to see how engine starts in cold NY or Canadian winters. Took a 2007 summer long loop trip from Houston-Toronto-Wash, DC-Orlando-Destin-wtih return to Houston; 5200 miles total; 188 gal; $500 Fuel cost; Avg Speed 75-78mph on Interstate. Car performed Excellent. I think I can get another 50K worry-free miles."

It's a great buy for your money!

By on Monday, October 22, 2007

"I bought a 2002 G20 two years ago, excellent condition. It's truly money well spent. We love it so much that few months later my husband bought another one. My husband does the regular maintainance: oil, air filter, break pads changes, and we've never had any problems. It's reliable, fuel efficient, economic, and offer the luxury feeling of heated & leather seats, moonroof, and Bose sterero system. Very good buy!"

Low Maintenance, Reliable

By on Monday, October 01, 2007

"I bought this car new in '01, and it's still going along trouble-free after 178k miles. Only a few maintenance/repairs needed so far - replaced the starter and a battery -- other than suggested maintenance & tires, not even a single lightbulb has needed replacement. Average 32mpg highway, 22 city. Only downside is an inconvenient cupholder & minor wind noise."

Amazing Car

By on Friday, September 14, 2007

"I bought my car new in 2001, almost 7 years later i am still driving it. I changed the tires, brakes, and oil, along with regular scheduled maintenance. It has never had a problem and I get compliments on it still. I have over 100k miles on the car, thinking about getting another car and I just can't see myself parting with this car, it almost brings me to tears, lol. It has seen some of the nastiest conditions and has gotten me home safe every time."

A great little luxury car.

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"Bought this used two years ago and it's turned out to be a great car. Very high quality materials, good leather and comfortable seats. Great high speed cruiser, 30 mpg on highway. Absolutely perfectly balanced suspension and driving characteristics. A little bit underpowered but has one of the best 4cyl. engines ever. If Infinity had put a 6cyl. in this car and updated the interior design a bit they would have had a hit. Consumer reports is right-" the second most reliable care ever rated." It has been absolutely reliable."

Great car!

By on Friday, February 01, 2013

Pros: "GREAT gas mileage"

Cons: "1 cup holder in front & 2 in rear,"

"I received my car a few years ago with close to 90,000 miles on it. The previous owner did not drive the car often and it was in great shape. My car is great on gas and remains a reliable car. This car can/has stood the test of time! Its a wonderfully made & durable car. Considering the age of this car it still runs great! I would recommend this car to anyone."

Love My G20

By on Tuesday, September 28, 2010

"I absolutely love this car. I originally bought a 2000 G20 and totaled it in an accident. I was driving the car and the most damage was to the driver's side door. I received some very minor scratches from the airbag deploying, but other than that walked away completely fine. The safety alone led me right back to Infiniti where I purchased my 2002 G20. I've had it since then and have had no problems whatsoever. I need a bigger, AWD vehicle, but wish I could afford to keep this one as well. My car is almost 9 years old and still looks very stylish! I highly recommend it for anyone - new driver, daily commuter who logs a lot of miles, etc."

210k and still goin

By on Tuesday, January 06, 2009

"This car is phenominal. I daily drive it everyday and I have 210k miles."

BEST VEHICLE EVER

By on Wednesday, November 14, 2007

"AMAZING VEHICLE! They still drive great even after putting hundreds of thousands of miles on them."

Love this car!

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"I've got a 2002 that I bought 6 years ago. I absolutely love it. Plan to give it to my daughter when she turns 16. It's going to be tough for me to part with it, and I'm glad it's staying in the family. I've had no problems with it...only done regular maintenance. I wish they still made them because it would definitely be my next car....luxury car without the luxury price."

Best car I have ever owned!

By on Tuesday, October 23, 2007

"The G20 is the most reliable car I have ever owned. It's still going storng at 130K miles with no signs of letting up. I would recommend this car to anybody who likes a small car with a nice ride."

good commuter car

By on Sunday, July 29, 2007

"okay gas mileage, good car for going to work (2hour drive) dependable"

Most dependable car I ever owned.

By on Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pros: "dependable, safe, quality,"

Cons: "turning radius is poor"

"I purchased my 2002 Infinite G20 in 2004 on ebay. I did a lot of research before purchase and I knew exactly what I wanted. Even test drove the G20 locally. When the trailer pulled up to my house and I saw the car, I knew we would be together for a long time. I loved the way it looked. For about the next 4-5 years I maintained it at a local Infinite Dealership. For the past few years I take it to a local mechanic. I always get the oil changed every 3,000-4,000 miles. I recently put on a new catalytic converter and other than that, the brakes and a new starter (I have an automatic start so that might have something to do with it), I have had NO major problems. It's been the most dependable car I've ever owned and I feel very safe in it. It feels like there is some weight to it. The only issue I have is that the turning radius is not that great. I hit a lot of curbs because the wheel just does not turn that much. Still an excellent car and I would very likely purchase another Infinite in the future."

Reliable, quick, fun and fuel efficient

By on Sunday, January 08, 2012

"My 2001 manual G20t is still getting 29-30 mpg mixed 50/50 highway/city driving with regular unleaded! I can't believe that they stopped making this model - current cars boast of 28-30 mpg highway with premium fuel required. I bought it new and the original clutch is still rock solid without slippage. The engine still has enough power to make this fun to drive daily. Driver's cup holder is very poor but that is a tiny gripe for such a great car. No major repairs and my mechanic is always trying to find out when I am going to sell it."

High Value Product

By on Thursday, July 22, 2010

"Own a 2002 G20, Sport Edition, purchased new at the end of 2001. Only 65,000 miles. First my daughter drove it and now my son. Great vehicle, reliable, comfortable, stylish and safe for its size. Cost to maintain has been minimal. With good luck, we'll keep the car for many years to come. Infiniti would be well advised to bring to market another entry level sedan like the G20."

GREAT VEHICLE

By on Sunday, December 13, 2009

"GOOD GAS, NO ISSUES, EASY MAINTENCE"

Best car I've ever owned

By on Monday, October 05, 2009

"I've had my G20t for 10 years and have NEVER had a single mechanical problem with it besides normal maintenance (eg change oil regularly, replace tires, battery, brake pads, etc when needed. Car still looks great, style doesn't look outdated. Drives and handles very well, very comfortable, nothing falling apart or breaking...super reliable and quality vehicle. The only thing I don't love is the turn radius, which is wider than some other cars. I wish they still made this model, I'd buy it again in a hybrid model when the time comes. But even at 10 years old, I see no reason to replace this one yet."

It's Great !

By on Thursday, October 01, 2009

"Havent had anything go wrong til about 174,000 miles....Needs CV Joints. Great car runs good 10 years old and people still think it's a new car. Wish they Still made the G20t I would be my next car ! may have to buy a used one like it"

Always Reliable

By on Thursday, September 17, 2009

"I had this vehicle for 7 years without a single trouble. Awsome!!! This is the way a car should operate..."

By on Thursday, November 06, 2008

"Love this car I will hate to get rid of it, I have been driving mine for 9 years now and I have have had no problems. I have only had to do typical matainance on it. I plan to keep the car for at least another year and I am only planning on changing it because the family is growing and I am running out of room."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Infiniti G near Honolulu. See local deals